Search

Diet Coke Rewards - Expire soon April 1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2000, 12:00 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Diet Coke Rewards - Expire soon April 1

If anybody has been drinking Diet Coke for the Delta FF miles (if you want to visit www.dietcokerewards.com to sign up if your local store participates) be aware that the Delta prizes currently have an expiration date of April 1. I asked what happens after that and was told the program will go on for several more years, but they couldn't say if they were going to extend the dates, get more rewards, or what at this stage, so if you really want the 10,000 or 25,000 miles and have the points make sure you don't let the date get past.
Old Feb 29, 2000, 12:14 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For previous discussion for the unintiated:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000034.html
Old Feb 29, 2000, 1:39 pm

Thanks Cordelli.......I didn't realize that the Delta reward option was going to expiration & I've been saving up for my second 25K miles. I guess I better stock up on Diet Coke & cash in for my miles soon.
Old Feb 29, 2000, 10:13 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Most of their rewards expire in the March/April time frame, I am sure there will be extensions or more rewards, but that doesn't mean we should let one slip by.
Old Mar 2, 2000, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
I just spoke to a rep at Diet Coke Rewards. I was told that in order to get miles with Delta, the certificate that Coke mails to you, must be in the mail to Delta, by April 1. And that it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get the certificate from Coke after you do the redemption with them.
If this is true, there is not enough time left to collect the Delta Miles reward from Diet Coke before it expires.
Can anyone verify that it takes that long to get the cert from Coke? I know a few readers have posted about collecting some miles from Coke before.

Also, she told me that there is a new catalog, with new rewards, coming out in the spring. Anyone with a Diet Coke Rewards account should get one in the mail when they come out.
Old Mar 5, 2000, 3:00 am

Yesterday I spoke with the woman at DC rewards who's doing some of the negotiations with other companies for renewing/getting new contracts with partners for awards. She told me that 1) the royal carribean cruise would almost certainly NOT be renewed in april, but that most likely, it was looking like the rest of the level 4 awards will be renewed...including the Delta Miles offer...she had a meeting with the delta folks on Friday at 2PM, so by now it should be decided. She also told me that there would NOT be new rewards...at least not at the level 4 6700 point level. they had 2500 people laid off recently and so they don't have the person-power to go negotiate new things.
Old Mar 5, 2000, 9:41 am

The Delta vouchers I got from Diet Coke said "Voucher must be redeemed by: Apr-2002". As I recall it took about 2 weeks to receive the vouchers from Dite Coke. My local store had a big sale on diet coke this weekend. I'm going for another 25K miles as soon as the points all post.
Old Mar 13, 2000, 10:21 am

For anyone else who is close to cashing in their reward points......I called Diet Coke this morning. The representative told me that although she did not know if the Delta offer was going to be renewed the expiration date on the vouchers is still April 2002. So either way if you can request the vouchers by the end of the month you'll be ok.
Old Mar 29, 2000, 9:30 am

I was told today thatthe entire program had been extended till April 2002. The representative said, "You now have till 2002 to target your Delta Airlines Award".
Old Mar 29, 2000, 11:11 pm

MilesNut, Would you mind passing on the number for the DC folks? I'd like to know how many points traslate into how many miles. Thanks. Mike
Old Mar 29, 2000, 11:43 pm

Rookie mistake on that last post. I saw the number elsewhere. Please forgive.
Old Mar 30, 2000, 1:35 am

The following announcement rolled off the coupon machine at my local supermarket a couple nights ago:

Buy Diet Coke! With 1000 Diet Coke Rewards Pts get 2 Delta $75 off certificates! Each certificate is good on 1 Delta domestic round trip coach class ticket of at least $300 base fare. Travel must be complete by May 24, 2000. Call 1-800-395-7777 to redeem now!

I joined the program a few weeks ago as a result of this thread but so far have seen nothing in the mail confirming that I am now getting points for buying Diet Coke at my supermarket. This program seems to be very difficult to follow in terms of keeping track of your account. I doubt it's worth the effort. Any thoughts or ideas???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.