Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000,000 bonus miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2000, 5:01 pm
Original Member

Milessmiles

You must fly Miami to Managua with Grupo Taca (on a published fare) as this is the only segment that will count as a Nica segment. You may have to alter your schedule a little.

cheers Peter
Old Feb 5, 2000, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL PLAT / HH GOLD
ffhound, I will. MIA -MGA on TA or LR and fly back from Gua to the USA(the rtn portion of the award tkt). And I actually called Grupo Taca, One has to be careful, almost non of the discounted fares earn miles (nada with booking codes W,E,L,T,Z,B,V).

Another thing. SAETA is NOT operating any international flights at this moment. I called Latinpass 3 days ago and asked them, how would one take a flight if they don't have any. The agent said she would look into it, have called 3 days in a row , she said SAETA has not answered . !!! Any thoughts on this ?

[This message has been edited by MileSmiles (edited 02-05-2000).]
Old Feb 5, 2000, 7:03 pm

Seata should be operating UIO-LIM # 21 800PM
Old Feb 5, 2000, 7:05 pm

Seata should be operating UIO-LIM # 21 800PM
Old Feb 5, 2000, 7:51 pm
Original Member

MileSmiles -- something is terribly wrong here. According to you, Grupo TACA says that V-code fares will *not* earn miles; however, LatinPass faxed me a chart saying that they *will*.
Old Feb 5, 2000, 10:53 pm

FD,

I saw your chart, but did call Grupo Taca the other day to check on some fares they have or had MIA-MGA-MIA booked in W for $280 and at the same time I went over your list with the girl and she told me that "V" class or B (which was not on the chart) DO NOT qualify for mileage
Old Feb 5, 2000, 11:05 pm

Hi Sydneyjb,

You are right there was a flight between UIO and LIM, but NON of the res systems (The Trip.com /ITN or the old United Connection )shows it any more, and check with some tvl agents and in some system still there but it shows 0 in all clases from today 331 days on, and nothing can be sold , that means it really doesn't operate any more. As I said Latinpass is checking...but if you can't book it, how can you fly it ???
Old Feb 6, 2000, 8:41 am

Is this chart on the LATINPASS web site?
Old Feb 6, 2000, 9:16 am

I just called the Saeta Airline ticket counter in Quito, Ecuador. The gentleman told me in English and Spanish that EH flight # 21 still operates six days a week at 8:00 PM from Quito to Lima. If you want to call yourself for only 27 cents per minute, dial 101-6868 011-593-2-254499. Circuits may be busy, you may need to try calling more than once. The reason why MileSmiles may have noticed zero availability for 331 days is that most U.S. computer systems will not sell Saeta. Also, the reservation number for Saeta, which is not open Sundays, is 1-305-442-4484. Although the information people submit to this bulletin board is somewhat useful it is always a very good idea to verify all facts directly with the sources and not just other travelers.
Also, for future reference the 101-6868 is very inexpensive for international calls. To find out other rates call 1-888-660-5377.
Old Feb 6, 2000, 10:08 am

Hi Sydneyjb,
Thanks for the tip on those cheap rates on international calls. I was only sharing info that I got. I was not aware that most -All- res system do not sell Saeta flights. But I will call and try to book a tkt on them and see what happens.
Old Feb 6, 2000, 10:21 am

Can anyone recommend a travel agent that's knowledgeable in booking LatinPass flights?

I live in Oregon and the TAs here are usually great for west coast and mexico travel but don't have much experience in other areas...

Thanks...
Old Feb 6, 2000, 10:54 am
Original Member

Ejulber:

Just an observation - given the number of flights involved, you could end up paying a lot of TA service fees.

For all:

By the way, for anyone who qualifies, DL has some great fares to Central and South America - about $330 from BOS to Guatemala City round-trip or $500 to Rio return. Open-jaws are permitted. Mileage accrual. No upgrades. $25 to change dates / routing. Cancellations for a nominal charge. Book through STA Travel at http://www.statravel.com . Must be a student, youth (under 26), grad. student or teacher to qualify. However, they do have some fares available to all. No I don't work for them - I've just had a LOT of good luck with them in the past.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.

[This message has been edited by leroy11 (edited 02-06-2000).]
Old Feb 6, 2000, 12:22 pm

Location: Oxford, UK CO Gold, AS MVP, KL RW and AZ nothing, plus Airmiles collector !! With the AZ / KL split now who knows ?
MGA to SAL - 6Y57

This flight operated by TACA, but with a NICA flight no., qualifies as a NICA flight for the purposes of this this competion.

I have now had official confirmation from Latin Pass ( Tainee ), by email
We are sorry that it took so long to answer your main question. But we had to confirm the information you requested directly with the airline.

In regard to the flight between MGA to SAL in TACA would qualify as a NICA flight.

The bad news is that i cannot get this flight to come up on travelocity.com, only on my CRS access system, which is currently down !

So there is an alternative to flying MIA to MGA on Grupo Taca
Old Feb 6, 2000, 12:38 pm

So there is an alternative to flying MIA to MGA on Grupo Taca
If I have a choice of relying on the official rules posted on the LatinPass website, or relying on an e-mail a total stranger received from a LatinPass representative, I'm going with the website.

In other words, I'm sticking with TACA 514 from MIA-MGA.
Old Feb 6, 2000, 2:31 pm
BJJ

I can now use travelocity to find flights with codes listed, but how can I tell which of the 4 taca airlines is meant by "TACA International"? On Expedia, I couldn't even find flight codes on the flights I searched out, let alone dinstinguish between Grupo Taca airlines. Any advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.