Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000,000 bonus miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2000, 6:30 pm
Original Member

Upgrade Me:

According to Aeropostal USA reservations, the only flights that Aeropostal operates are from the USA to Caracas and Caracas - Guayaquil --> Lima.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.

[This message has been edited by leroy11 (edited 01-13-2000).]
Old Jan 13, 2000, 7:15 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Aeropostal has low cost flights from Caracas to Aruba, Trinidad, Barbados, Santo Domingo. Copa, Lacsa, Aeropostal, and TWA can be flown in a resort circuit flying Aeropostal CCS to SDQ, Copa SDQ-SJU (San Juan, PR), TWA SJU-AUA (Aruba), and Lacsa SJU-CCS. Depending on how you fly the routes the fares run $650-$900.
Old Jan 13, 2000, 7:15 pm

Aeropostal has low cost flights from Caracas to Aruba, Trinidad, Barbados, Santo Domingo. Copa, Lacsa, Aeropostal, and TWA can be flown in a resort circuit flying Aeropostal CCS to SDQ, Copa SDQ-SJU (San Juan, PR), TWA SJU-AUA (Aruba), and Lacsa SJU-CCS. Depending on how you fly the routes the fares run $650-$900.
Old Jan 13, 2000, 7:19 pm

Aeropostal has low cost flights from Caracas to Aruba, Trinidad, Barbados, Santo Domingo. Copa, Lacsa, Aeropostal, and TWA can be flown in a resort circuit flying Aeropostal CCS to SDQ, Copa SDQ-SJU (San Juan, PR), TWA SJU-AUA (Aruba), and Lacsa SJU-CCS. Depending on how you fly the routes the total fare runs $650-$900.
Old Jan 13, 2000, 7:52 pm
Original Member

Earlier this evening, I spoke to TACA reservations and was told that NICA is no longer operating. Apparently, LACSA and TACA are operating on their behalf - whether NICA code-shares on these flights is of course another matter.

As blondbomber said, I think we should stop worrying about this until we see the rules.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Jan 13, 2000, 8:04 pm
Original Member

On another note, I picked up a Lonely Planet Guide to Central America today. An air pass does exist for Central America. It works in zones with Central America being Zone One and various other international destinations being in other such zones. You buy coupons depending upon which zones you travel in or between. I asked for the price of 4 Zone 1 (flights solely within Central America.) It costs about $480 for four coupons in May. I'll call TACA reservations tomorrow to find out if this qualifies for miles. The elusive question!!

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Jan 13, 2000, 8:33 pm

Thanks for the Aeropostal tips. FWIW, I still can't find any flights from MIA-CCS on Expedia. OTOH, I think I've found the flights on ITN, but for some reason the airline is listed as "VH Numeric." Since my OAG lists Aeropostal's code as VH, I can only assume that I'm headed in the right direction.

So when is the FT get-together in Managua?
Old Jan 13, 2000, 9:10 pm
Original Member

Shows how much you can believe airlines!!. You're right - Aeropostal has flights from Caracas to Aruba. Thanks for the tip.

I second the call for a FT gathering during our mileage runs.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Jan 13, 2000, 11:19 pm

According To Taca The Coupon Pass Book Does Not Qualify For Miles.

Hotel Sugestions : Quito-Hilton, Miami-Holiday InnAirport North, Lima- Holiday Inn, Managua- Best Western Near Airport Does Not Qualify But Close Safe Cheap.

[This message has been edited by Sydneyjb (edited 01-13-2000).]
Old Jan 14, 2000, 10:22 am

Here is the official bonus offer as posted on Latinpass website 1-14-00.

"THE BONUS YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

Start the millennium off right by earning any of the following LatinPass Bonus Miles while you enjoy the service of our airlines and partners:

One Million-Miles Bonus Will be earned by any member who flies at least one international
segment on each of the ten (10) LatinPass member airlines. Flies at least three (3) segments on any of our partner airlines (KLM, US AIRWAYS and TWA). Stays at least three (3) nights in at least any two of our partner hotels and rents a car for at least five (5) days from any of our Car Rental partners, FROM JANUARY 1, TO JULY 1, 2000.

Five Hundred Thousand Miles Bonus Will be earned by any member who flies at least one
international segment on at least six (6) LatinPass member airlines. Flies at least two (2)segments on any of our partner airlines (KLM, US AIRWAYS and TWA). Stays at least three (3)nights in any of our partner hotels and rents a car for at least three (3) days from any of our Car Rental partners. FROM JANUARY 1, TO JULY 1, 2000

One Hundred Thousand Miles Bonus will be earned by any member who flies at least one
international segment on at least three (3) LatinPass member airlines, one of which must be outside of Central America. Flies at least one (1) segment on any of our partner airlines (KLM,US AIRWAYS, and TWA). Stays at least two (2) nights in any of our partner hotels and rents a car for at least two (2) days from any of our Car Rental partners. FROM JANUARY 1, TO JULY 1, 2000.

NOTES:

1. One international segment on each of the ten (10) LatinPass member airlines.
Nica: In view of the fact that Nica is not operating at this time, we will be honoring any flight with the Grupo Taca from Miami to Managua or viceversa only, to apply for this bonus.
Taca-Peru: Since Taca-Peru is presently operating domestic flights only within Peru, we will take in to account those segments to apply for the bonus. As soon as Taca-Peru starts service to any of its International destinations, the domestic flights will no longer be considered for this bonus.

Sam (Sociedad Aeronautica de Medellin): Due to the fact that Sam is an Avianca's
subsidiary airline, any international segment flown on Sam will count as an Avianca's flight for this bonus.

Terms and Conditions:
All of the above requirements must be met between January 1, 2000 & July 1, 2000
All transactions (flights, hotel stays and car rentals) must be on applicable fares, eligible for mileage accrual.
Certain types of tickets are ineligible for accrual of miles. They include but are not limited to free tickets, LatinPass award tickets, travel industry or reduced fares, infant tickets, and tickets issued subject to special provisions. All participating airlines reserve the right to exclude certain fares from earning mileage credit. Most code-share flights are excluded from
earning mileage credit. "

Old Jan 14, 2000, 10:38 am
Original Member

Has anyone actually asked if the points can be moved to Hilton HHonors?
Old Jan 14, 2000, 11:44 am

Programs: United 1K
Before I start flying in order to get the Million Mile Bonus I've got a couple of questions;

Do you need to stay 3 nights each at two of their partner hotels?

Do you need to rent a car for 5 days in a row or do different rentals adding up to five days count?

Do you only have to fly one of their partner airlines (KLM, US AIRWAYS, TWA) at least 3 segments?

Thanks for your help,

Jaguar

PS. Would love to meet other FT on the trip. I'll be coming from California.
Old Jan 14, 2000, 7:20 pm

Looks like TACA Peru has only two routes at present, LIM-IQT (Iquitos) and LIM-CUZ (Cuzco). In both cases, the plane originates in LIM reaches its destination and does an immediate turnaround, so you can be back in LIM in about 3 hours. Looks like both routes are in the area of $200 r/t.

As for Jaguar's question regarding hotels, I would interpret the rules as requiring three nights with two different hotel partners (total of six nights), based on the fact that the 500,000 miles uunquestionably requires three nights, and one would expect a larger night requirement to earn the $1,000,000 miles.

I still can't believe that I'm really serious about doing this, but I think I am.
Old Jan 14, 2000, 7:21 pm

new to this board. sounds like a good promotion. trying to work out some kind of flight plan. can anyone tell me where aviateca flies? at this point, looking at miami to aruba (avianca), aruba to caracas (?), caracas to lima (aeropostal), lima to somewhere in peru (taca peru) and back, lima to quito (saeto), quito to bogota (aces), bogota to san jose (copa), san jose to managua (lasca), managua to miami (taca international). haven't yet figured all times and fares, but am also doing this for a nice vacation and know it will be higher than the paths others posted. other good ideas? this is a great board. thanks for the posts. will try to help when i can.
Old Jan 14, 2000, 11:23 pm

Per a Latin Pass Rep Total hotel stays would be three nights one plus two or one plus one plus one. If anyone is going to Cuzco for the first time I highly recomend a three night stay at the Hotel Monasterio with a same day helicopter tour to the ruins of Machu Picchu $195 USD including Most fees. Call ahead ask for Fransisco 0115184233796 Home 0115184621911 Cell. For a great Guide in Lima Call Alfredo 0115118702777 cell. They both will arrange to pick you up at the airports they are safe and honest. They have been our guides for years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.