Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

1,000,000 bonus miles

1,000,000 bonus miles

Old Jan 20, 00, 6:52 pm

The rules have been posted by LatinPass on their web site. My attorney has looked at them and he does agree that what has been published must be adhered to by LatinPass and the partner carriers or all parties involved could be subject to a class action suit. But don't feel sorry for them, they are getting what they wanted, in two words. CASH!!! and RECOGNITION!!!
Old Jan 20, 00, 7:57 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Attention folks,

Be advised that the info regarding this promotion suddenly disappeared from the LP
website as of about 5PM MST (or at least I can no longer find it there). Obviously,
LP has been overwelmed and is updating their
pages and/or rules. I hope that everyone
copied the pages previously posted thereon...

Please note Flying Dutch that TWA doesn't
offer FC across the pond...only TW ONE which
is BC...LP states that TWA to Europe is FC...trust me here, it's NOT...it's BC.

Some members seem confused re where the bonus
will be posting...it will not go to KL/TW/US.
It is a LP promotion and the miles will remain there...but U can then cash them in on
the other cariers. ALSO AS OF THIS MOMENT U
CANNOT TRANSFER THE POINTS TO HILTON (SEE MY
PREVIOUS POSTING).

Some members doubt the viability of LP. It would appear to me that the trick would be
to get this bonus into your account... and to get it quickly. Then how can the major
carriers not honor them??? Remember what
happened when Pan Am went under?? Delta absorbed the miles into their progam - and
even honored the Pan Am award levels...can
respectible carriers like KL/TW not do the same?

Maybe we should all "go for it" and "go for it quickly"...cause thing change...maybe even by tomorrow.

Old Jan 20, 00, 9:22 pm
Original Member

LanChile withdrew from LatinPass.
Mexicana followed suit.
Nica is no longer flying.
Two of the remaining carriers use Bogotá as their hub.
Promotion rules seem to change on a daily basis.
LatinPass seems about as stable as the countries in which the member airlines are based!
Old Jan 20, 00, 10:01 pm
Original Member

Okay, the promotion seems to be back up, but with the new rule added that the miles can ONLY be used for air travel awards on partner airlines - thus stopping the possibility of miles being transferred to HHonors - as feared by others. (Don't you love it when airlines change rules after they've initially posted a promotion!!)

My question for you is of interpretation of LP's vagueness. Do you need to stay in TWO different hotel partners for a TOTAL of 3 nights for the 1,000,000 bonus or 6 nights - it's not too clear.

Pam @ Webflyer: Back to the other point, I hope that Latin Pass will be receiving a copy of "Randy's strong editorial response" regarding this!!

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.

[This message has been edited by leroy11 (edited 01-20-2000).]
Old Jan 20, 00, 11:11 pm

Per Monica at LatinPass the answer is 3 nights. 1+1+1 or 2+1.
Old Jan 21, 00, 10:08 am
V21

Programs: US CP, GHA black, SPG gold
Hi, folks.

Promotion rules: "As soon as Taca-Peru starts service to any of its International destinations, the domestic flights will no longer be considered for this bonus."

Taca-Peru website: "favorable operations for Peruvian businessmen and for the tourism market, due to the inauguration of its international flights from Lima to México, Miami, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo (gubernamental permits pending)"

Does anyone have information on when these permits are expected to go through?
Old Jan 21, 00, 11:56 am
JoE

Flying Dutchman,

since LanChile, Mexicana withdrew from Latinpass, how does this affect the promotion terms ? It seems to be far less than 10 airlines now.

Joe
Old Jan 21, 00, 12:20 pm

The last sentence recently added to the end of the official rules, "These bonus miles can only be used for air travel on any of the LatinPass participating airlines." means that we cannot use these miles for KL/US/TW?
Old Jan 21, 00, 1:04 pm

Per Jessi at LatinPass ok to use 1,000,000 on KLM,TWA,USAIR
Old Jan 21, 00, 4:25 pm
Original Member

JoE -- LatinPass is counting each of the four Grupo TACA airlines separately, and don't forget about TACA-Perú. That brings it up to a total of ten airlines, not including KLM, USAirways, and TWA.

Last edited by Flying Dutchman; Jul 25, 08 at 5:45 pm
Old Jan 21, 00, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
DO YOU REALLY THINK LATIN PASS WILL HONOR THE "FIRST" SET F QUALIFICATIONS OR JUST LEAD US ON?

------------------

MRKEY
Old Jan 22, 00, 4:25 pm

Probably the first set.I don't think they would want to face a class action Suit,and with this internet it wouldn't be too hard to do. Also after speaking a few times with the LatinPass agents they sound too nice to try to pull a fast one over on the paying public.Unlike the nasty UNITED and DELTA agents,who think that they are doing you some kind of favor of talking to you on the telephone!

[This message has been edited by Sydneyjb (edited 01-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sydneyjb (edited 01-22-2000).]
Old Jan 22, 00, 4:52 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
For those of you concerned about safety and reliability of Grupo TACA, and travel conditions, I have just moved on from three weeks working in Costa Rica, and have the following to report:

- San Jose airport is being rebuilt, so don't plan long stopovers there if possible, not a great deal there.

- My two colleagues and I each took regional trips (SJO to SAL, to MGA and to GUA) each of us did site visits (out and back in a day), either on TACA or LACSA, and found the service great, planes clean.. mine was an A320, one a B737 and the MGA route was an older ATR, but my colleague survived (he even ate the meal).

- SAL airport is a the TACA hub, very efficient from my limited experience, and plenty to keep transit passengers occupied.

Other than that, good luck. I thought about taking vacation to do this promotion, but have too many other commitments. I would prefer to spend two weeks in Ecuador/Peru without the hopping about to get there. By the way KLM MEX-GUA is still running, as was offered it today (ticket issued in MEX though).

Old Jan 23, 00, 1:11 pm

I sent an email to LP re:
Do the stays at partner hotels have to be in Latin America (their site indicates which hotels receive bonus miles and all are in Latin America)
*Some promotional rates do not apply-this followed their info on hotel and car partners. How do we know which rates do not apply?
Remember that you have to have membership in the hotel program and then REQUEST the transfer to LP.
These questions were sent to LP but if you have the answers, I would appreciate the info. First post so please excuse any mistakes or overt expression of cognitive deficit.
Old Jan 24, 00, 9:39 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Assuming I do the 1 Million , (or 500,000), can I transfer the points into Hilton, and then out again into, say, Northwest or KLM ?

Search this Thread