Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

1,000,000 bonus miles

1,000,000 bonus miles

Old Jan 20, 00, 8:27 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
An excellent suggestion Sydneyjb!!!

To expound on this: look for thru fares from point A to D that allows for connections thru B and C using MULTIPLE carriers. This
will take the work of a real pro. Check the rules of the fare under permissible routings and permissible carriers. Don't forget the
4 hour layover rule and/or THE NEXT AVAILABLE flight rule.

------------------
tvl4free
Old Jan 20, 00, 11:38 am
Pam at Webflyer

It's true, tvl4free, at least at this point. I contacted LatinPass and was told at first that the bonus miles could only be used for flights on LatinPass or its partners. Our contact called back a few minutes later to tell me that they'd changed their minds and that the bonus miles from this promotion could be transferred to HHonors. A few minutes after that, I received another call stating that LatinPass has decided again that the bonus miles can only be used for flights on LatinPass carriers and its partners. LatinPass added that wording to its Web page.

If you are interested in this bonus, we suggest you watch that page very carefully. LatinPass is a bit overwhelmed by this promotion and is adding fine print to it as questions come up. This is troubling. Expect a strong editorial stance about this from Randy in our February issue.

Also, I have a call in to Hilton to get their take on it. I'll keep you updated as I hear more.

Old Jan 20, 00, 12:30 pm

Remember if your travel agent's computer prices out your itinerary automatically,you do not then have to worry about the rules of the fare.
Old Jan 20, 00, 2:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG
This whole thing sounds very hokey. First you can, then you can't. Looks like they are making up rules on the fly. What's to prevent them from adding more rules next week or a month from now? Doesn't give me any confidence that my flights would qualify, that miles would post, or that I would ever be able to use the miles the way I want. Count me out!
Old Jan 20, 00, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA MP Gold
Somehow I have a feeling Latin Pass hasn't quite considered the pooled knowledge that "lives" on this board and loves this kind of a promotion. I hope it will happen, I sure would like to join in on the excursion.
Question: To receive the bonus miles into a KLM account as a US resident, do you have to be signed up with Flying Dutchman or is NW/KLM's FF program sufficient thus effectively including the possibility to spend those miles on NW flights?
Old Jan 20, 00, 4:07 pm

To receive the bonus miles into a KLM account as a US resident, do you have to be signed up with Flying Dutchman
I am not aware of any rule that would permit the transfer of points to any LatinPass partner other than Hilton.

[This message has been edited by UpgradeMe (edited 01-20-2000).]
Old Jan 20, 00, 4:47 pm

I, too, have been wondering a little about LatinPass' intentions with this promotion. Did they make this offer with the expectation that no one would actually earn the million miles?

They sure aren't making it easy for us. For one, all the rules aren't clear and seem to be evolving. Second, if LatinPass wants to promote their airlines and services through this promotion, why don't they make the information for their airlines more readily available? Most "normal" people can't even figure out where some these airlines fly. A few have route maps on-line, but most don't. Come on, there are 5-year-olds out there running web sites. Is this too much to expect from an airline?

In a short time, I expect Flying Dutchman's web site will make it relatively easy to develop several good trip plans. When FlyerTalkers actually start making the "million mile" tours, I expect more changes from LatinPass.
Old Jan 20, 00, 5:06 pm
JoE

Check out the least required miles to get to Asia from the US from Latinpass:

100,000 economy; 150,000 business on KLM; that is ridiculous.

I still would be interested in a group trip.

Joe

Old Jan 20, 00, 5:15 pm

Location: Oxford, UK CO Gold, AS MVP, KL RW and AZ nothing, plus Airmiles collector !! With the AZ / KL split now who knows ?
Flying dutchman - The KL FF does NOT permit North American Residents to belong to FD !

Any persons resident in USA/Canada must belong to NW Worldperks, ergo u cannot transfer points from LATINPASS to Worldpersk
Old Jan 20, 00, 5:15 pm
Original Member

In a few days, my web site will be completely updated. Among other things, I hope to add possible itineraries for the million, 500k, and 100k bonuses. HOWEVER -- I recommend that people wait to make any reservations until LatinPass has settled on a final set of rules.

Last edited by Flying Dutchman; Jul 25, 08 at 5:42 pm
Old Jan 20, 00, 5:18 pm
Original Member

Chris L -- I never said anything about North American residents joining KLM's frequent flyer program. You have to join LatinPass and credit your flights there.

Last edited by Flying Dutchman; Jul 25, 08 at 5:42 pm
Old Jan 20, 00, 5:35 pm
In Memoriam

I'm not surprised LatinPass has expensive awards to Asia - they'd be via KLM, so it's Asia by way of Europe. Does anybody know how many LatinPass miles for an award North America to Europe - is that more consistent with other airline programs?
Old Jan 20, 00, 5:54 pm
JoE

Johna,

the cheapest reward to Europe is on TWA off-peak for 40K, peak for 60K, but they only fly to France, Italy, Portugal, Spain and United Kingdom.

UsAirways flys to Europe off-peak for 50K, and peak for 60K.

Joe
Old Jan 20, 00, 5:55 pm
Original Member

Between North America and Europe --

on USAirways
Economy, off-peak: 50,000
Economy, peak: 60,000
Business: 80,000

on TWA
Economy, off-peak: 40,000
Economy, peak: 60,000
First: 80,000

No upgrade awards are offered for USAirways or TWA.

The LatinPass member airlines also offer award tickets, but do you really want to fly to Europe via Bogotá?

Last edited by Flying Dutchman; Jul 25, 08 at 5:43 pm
Old Jan 20, 00, 5:58 pm
Original Member

Sorry about that, JoE and I must have posted at the exact same time. ;-)

Last edited by Flying Dutchman; Jul 25, 08 at 5:43 pm

Search this Thread