1,000,000 bonus miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000,000 bonus miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2000, 2:49 pm
Original Member

BJJ: I checked the airport departures the last time yesterday at 05:52 (8 minutes before sheduled departure). No gate was assigned. No other remarks.

If you contacted the airport authority directly I would definetely rely on that information.

Maybe the SAETA flight listing just indicates that they will resume operation soon. I don't know.

Have a save trip.
Old Mar 18, 2000, 3:59 pm
BJJ

Foxpro - thanks for your attention to our Saeta problem. I have to think they are not flying, based on all available evidence. I'll continue to watch the LIMA airport departure/arrival link you provided. I didn't call the LIMA Airport authority, Miler did (thanks Miler, can I have the phone number?). I guess I'm going to wait until Monday am to make the rest of my reservations, and hope my tickets arrive by Thursday - should be ok.

Fallinasleep - Yeah, I'm ready for the Inca ruins. We arrive Cuzco 7:00am, and don't have to leave until the next morning at 8:00. Do you think we could make it to Macchu Pichu? I'm checking into a helicopter tour mentioned way back in this thread.
Old Mar 18, 2000, 8:31 pm
Original Member

BJJ: Here they come again.

SAETA SET021 QUITO 19/03/00 20:00

This time they appear on the arrivals list. I am about to bury my million miles plans. Looks a bit too uncertain to me.
Have fun.
Old Mar 18, 2000, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
On the SAETA flight --- I believe I saw a post where if you have reservations and tickets on flights that would qualify for the award and SAETA (or NICA) resumed, you would be covered as you had already committed to these. However, I would get confirmation IN WRITING from Latin Pass in advance if possible. Best of Luck.

ALSO - Probably in the thread someplace, but:

Can anyone suggest hotels near the airports in UIO and PTY? I arrive late and don't want to head downtown at night.
Old Mar 19, 2000, 10:14 am
BJJ

Foxpro - Yeah, I see it this time. I really can't confirm the rest of my reservations until I figure out this Saeta situation. No backing out for me, since I've already sunk money into getting myself and my sister down to Central America and back - non refundable. I'd be happy to buy a ticket, but don't know how/where to buy it. It appears Saeta flies out of LIM to GYE at 6:00am some days, and arrives from UIO at 10pm. I could work my itinerary around it if I just knew the schedule and how to buy a ticket!!!! Did anyone see the LIM airport departure schedule this morning and notice if a gate was actually assigned for the departure? Foxpro - have these Saeta flights been showing up all along (while Saeta grounded) at this site? Or have they just shown up yesterday? Or don't Know?? I'm going nuts waiting out the weekend to get this cleared up? Perhaps LP won't even know....
Old Mar 19, 2000, 11:07 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
BJJ
The train from Cuzco to Machu Pichu leaves about 7 Am and takes about 3 hours. I'm pretty certain that you can't make a connection for a same day trip. If you can only stay one day in Cuzco, then there is helicopter service and it might be the only option. Note that I'm not sure if you can take the 'opter one way and the train back, but I think this is possible. The return trip leaves about 3 PM, if I remember correctly.
Old Mar 19, 2000, 1:48 pm
Original Member

BJJ: Sorry I don't know if the SAETA flights where up on the board all the time. I just came across the airport site while I was scaning for Cusco travel agents.

Maybe you can get yourself a C fare tichet on ACES going from LIM to UIO. That flight leaves at 06:00. Same time, same destination as the misterious SAETA flight I saw the other day.
With a C class ticket you should then be able to change carriers on the spot, if SAETA really operates.
Old Mar 19, 2000, 2:02 pm
Original Member

Duplicate post.

[This message has been edited by FoxPro (edited 03-19-2000).]
Old Mar 19, 2000, 3:50 pm
Original Member

As of today, only existing LatinPass members may qualify for the bonus miles.
Old Mar 19, 2000, 5:09 pm
Original Member

Flying Dutchman: That is nice. And if someone tries to take advantage of the online enrollment on their webiste for the rest of today it will only produce a programming error...
Seems that they now really feeling the heat. But on the other hand this action increases the chances for those allready enrolled to actually receive the bonus.
Old Mar 19, 2000, 5:21 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I have to say I am not surprised that LatinPass has issued this new requirement. The WSJ article really brought too much exposure to the mileage bonus. Just seeing the frenzy posting to this board lately has made me concerned that the bonus would be cut off when the price tag escalates out of control to award all these miles. My wife and I signed up in mid-January when this all started and I have been wondering the past few days if there will be any mileage bonuses left by the time we complete our two trips in April and May.
Old Mar 19, 2000, 6:59 pm
Original Member

I have a temporary membership card with pre-printed account number that somebody who hasn't enrolled yet could use: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000650.html
Old Mar 19, 2000, 7:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Another requirement? Gee, I'm not surprised either! This thing has been a series of surprises. Looks like they can change the rules whenever and to whatever they like. I wouldn't be surprised if they just up and canned the whole thing! I wonder if there are any unfortunate souls out there who booked a trip for May or June and hasn't yet signed up for LatinPass.
Old Mar 20, 2000, 11:52 am
BJJ

Called LatinPass this morning. THey say Saeta still not flying, and Taca-Peru still not flying outside Peru. Also got another confirmation that two separate flight coupons for the ACES flights BOG-UIO and continuing on same flight number UIO-LIM is ok.

Trying now to get TACA to confirm that booking codes HA and H1F are eligible to earn mileage. I just get stuck on hold forever when I get transferred over to Distancia. Anybody know? I also have a Aviateca code QA, Copa code M, and Taca-Peru code VL1. These look ok based on the old Flying Dutchman Code chart, but I'd like to be sure.
Old Mar 20, 2000, 1:20 pm

duplicate

[This message has been edited by freeflyer (edited 03-20-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.