1,000,000 bonus miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000,000 bonus miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2000, 6:04 pm
Original Member

Some good news from LatinPass! You can now take National Airlines flights to fulfill the partner segment requirements. This was posted on their web site today:

"By popular demand, effective March 3, 2000, LatinPass has just increased the options to earn bonus by adding our newest partner airline... National Airlines. Now you have four partners airlines to choose from, while the amount of segments required for each bonus remains the same."
Old Mar 4, 2000, 11:55 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I was reading a travel book on Colombia and came across San Andres Island. This is an island in the Carribbean east of Nicaragua. It is a duty free zone and popular Colombian vacation spot. If you are planning itineraries a possibility is to use San Andres as a stopover point. There are Lacsa flights from San Jose, Costa Rica and Avianca flights to Bogota. It is another possible link between Central America and South America which might provide an interesting (safer?) alternative to staying in Bogota. Of course you would need to book an Avianca flight linking you from Bogota to another country to meet the international requirement. There seems to be a good connection time flying from San Andres (ADZ) to Caracas (CCS) on Avianca.
Old Mar 4, 2000, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver

Last edited by scruffy; Apr 18, 2004 at 5:49 pm
Old Mar 4, 2000, 4:14 pm
Original Member

I'm going for the full million. I'm thinking of two possible itineraries:

CHOICE ONE - spread over ten days
boston - guatemala city delta 405 ret from lim
guatemala city - san salvador aviateca (grupo taca) $147.60
san salvador - tegucigalpa taca (grupo taca) $109.61
tegucigalpa - san jose lacsa (grupo taca) $183.00
san jose - managua copa $125.00
managua - miami nica (grupo taca) $362.40
miami - caracas aeropostal $259.40
caracas - bogota avianca $229
bogota - quito aces $189.20
quito - lima aces / saeta $268.80
lima - cuzco taca peru $106.20
TOTAL 2385.21

Additionally, will buy US Shuttle 4 coupon pack to get partner segments.

Choice Two
Like Student's on P.10 EXCEPT additional domestic Ecuadorian flight from Guayaquil to Quito so as to allow for ACES flight to Lima.

What do you think?? Advantage of Choice One is that it has MORE flexibility on Delta ticket - $25 date change fee.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Mar 4, 2000, 9:36 pm

Originally posted by leroy11:
I'm going for the full million. I'm thinking of two possible itineraries:

CHOICE ONE - spread over ten days
boston - guatemala city delta 405 ret from lim
guatemala city - san salvador aviateca (grupo taca) $147.60
san salvador - tegucigalpa taca (grupo taca) $109.61
tegucigalpa - san jose lacsa (grupo taca) $183.00
san jose - managua copa $125.00
managua - miami nica (grupo taca) $362.40
miami - caracas aeropostal $259.40
caracas - bogota avianca $229
bogota - quito aces $189.20
quito - lima aces / saeta $268.80
lima - cuzco taca peru $106.20
TOTAL 2385.21

Additionally, will buy US Shuttle 4 coupon pack to get partner segments.

Choice Two
Like Student's on P.10 EXCEPT additional domestic Ecuadorian flight from Guayaquil to Quito so as to allow for ACES flight to Lima.

What do you think?? Advantage of Choice One is that it has MORE flexibility on Delta ticket - $25 date change fee.

Leroy 11:
1. Is the DELTA flight an open-jaw?
2. Why are you taking only ONE_WAY flights?
3. You can go on ACES BOG/UIO/LIM/BOG for only $299.00 which is cheaper than one way BOG/UIO and UIO/LIM
4. Your total fare, as shown, includes TAXES etc???

Old Mar 4, 2000, 10:09 pm
Original Member

Miler:

The DL flight is an open-jaw into GUA out of LIM - bookable through http://www.statravel.com or http://www.counciltravel.com .

The reason for all the one-ways is that I want each flight to be on a separate ticket. All will be in full "Y" so that LP can not give me any hassle.

Thanks for the advice though.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Mar 4, 2000, 10:11 pm
Original Member

I think the total fare includes all PRE-PAID taxes.
Old Mar 4, 2000, 11:26 pm

Originally posted by leroy11:
I think the total fare includes all PRE-PAID taxes.
Thanks for the quick reply Leroy11. You must be getting PRETTY early in the morning to be logged on. GOOD LUCK on your run.

Old Mar 5, 2000, 3:32 pm

Programs: UAL, Hawaiian, Hilton, AMEX
As I posted under the other "who's going" topic I have booked the mileage run for my husband and I departing MIA on 3/18--MIA-MGA, MGA-SAL, SAL-GUA, GUA-SJO, SJO-BOG, BOG-CCS, CCS-MIA--with nights spent in Guatemala City (or Managua if our connection isn't made) and Caracas. Now I have all kinds of well meaning friends telling me that I am putting our lives in jeopardy and one of them who was in the military down there said that this is downright stupid to get some miles, especially since I am blonde and fair and will stand out as an easy target. I don't plan on wearing jewelry, makeup, etc. so that I look plain. Any tips or comments from either those of you who have gone or people familiar with the area. I don't plan on backing out, but I definately don't want to look like a target either, what type of clothing would be best to wear to these places in order to blend in? Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 5, 2000, 6:29 pm

Read the Flying Dutchman's excellent site link on page 5 of this thread.Be sure to read the travel advisories issued by the U.S. Gov.
Can we start a clearing house thread of departure dates and travel itinerary to benefit FlyerTalkers ?
My travel dates are May 6 -8 from MIA. But I' am flexible for a LAX start.
Old Mar 7, 2000, 7:55 am

News Flash. Believe it or not , once you complete your million mile bonus LatinPass will let you go for another million. Yes It's True, 100% true.
Old Mar 7, 2000, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton G, Delta G, UA 1k, AA G
Leroy11 where did you find the domestic flight from GYE to UIO. I was looking after my SAETA officially cancelled and could not find one. I am leaving in two days but if I could work that in it would be great.
Old Mar 7, 2000, 11:26 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Can you expand on the statement about going for the million miles and then getting to go for another million miles?

Am i to read that you can do the trip twice and get two sets of miles?

I would have thought this would be difficult for LatinPass to administrate, as all that will happen is that on the 1st July the computer will comb through the accounts and people that have traveled on all of the airlines or 6 of them etc will be awarded the appropriate bonus.

If this were to be correct, then just two international flights on each carrier would be worth 2 million. So if you booked a round trip on every carrier as opposed to a single, you would get 2 million? I can't imagine this being the case - but would appreciate any info you may have.

Kind Regards

Samuel
Old Mar 7, 2000, 11:44 am
Original Member

Student:

I did not find this on the web. I just know about it from experience from travelling in Ecuador. Although SAETA is no longer operating, TAME is. Their flights are not listed online and are only bookable (I believe) in Ecuador. You may want to contact AMEX Travel's Rep there. I'll post their details tonight.
Old Mar 7, 2000, 3:25 pm
BJJ

Here is my plan for the million:
(I start with Huntsville, Alabama to Acapulco, open jaw, returning from Lima using 30,000 Aadvantage miles plus $305)
HSV to ACA on AA
ACA to Mex on Aeromexico ($188)
MEX to GUA on KLM ($274)(a partner flight)
GUA to SAL on Aviateca ($102)
SAL to TGU on TACA ($109)
TGU to SJO on Lacsa ($183)
SJO to MGA on Copa ($110)
MGA to MIA on Lacsa ($362)
MIA to CCS on Aeropostal ($259)
CCS to BOG on Avianca ($237)
BOG to UIO on ACES ($268)
UIO to LIM on ACES/SAETA ($106)
LIM roundtrip to IQT on Taca-Peru ($212)
LIM to HSV (return portion of AA Aadvantage flight)

This is over 10 days, and total comes to $2722, including one partner flight. The fares came from Travelocity, but I haven't checked fare codes yet. I haven't tried expedia or combining multiple flights on single Travelocity tickets. I'm worried about the two ACES flights. I will book them as two separate flights, but it is a single flight number:
ACES521 from BOG to UIO leaves 7:59pm, arrives 9:19pm, and them
ACES521 from UIO to LIM leaves 10:04, arrives 12:14am. (45 minutes connection time - same plane)
I feel fairly comfortable that LatinPass will count this as two flights, but worried about getting through the airport at Quito. What will I have to do....get off the plane and back on??? Go through customs????? Carry on baggage only, of course.
Comments? Anyone see any holes in the plan?
My thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.