Reload this Page >

1,000,000 bonus miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000,000 bonus miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2000, 3:19 pm

I'm considering a 500K or 1 mil run in the first two weeks in May (totally flexible at this time). I'd like to keep the travel time to a few days . . . though I'm NOT looking to cut the connects too close or fly a marathon. I'll begin and end in Orlando (MCO-MIA 1st leg). Anyone interested in forming a group?
Old Feb 24, 2000, 3:21 pm

I'm considering a 500K or 1 mil run in the first two weeks in May (totally flexible at this time). I'd like to keep the travel time to a few days . . . though I'm NOT looking to cut the connects too close or fly a marathon. I'll begin and end in Orlando (MCO-MIA 1st leg). Anyone interested in forming a group?
Old Feb 24, 2000, 3:24 pm

Old Feb 24, 2000, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
student:

Looks like you have a marathon, especially your 12 March with the all-nighter. Also looks like 6 days, not 5 (MIA - xxx - MIA)

A few questions:

1. I assume the first leg is for NICA credit?

2. Are your fares special student fare? Changeable? Refundable? (I think the extra cost for flexibility may be helpful if a snafu develops.).

3. Do you have a contingency plan if there is a cancelation? Looks like you don't have too much extra time for rearrangements.

4. Is your final Lacsa flight to MIA though SJO because it is cheaper than direct, or are there no directs to MIA?
Old Feb 24, 2000, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton G, Delta G, UA 1k, AA G
Sapman you are right it is six days. The first leg is for NICA. All my fares are regular published fares and after checking with the differnt airlines this seems to be the standard. It was only a question for Grupo TACA flights because I have a W fare but I have it in writing that this is ok. I built in flexability by getting all of the flights after LIMA in Y class so they are changable. The 12th is a bit hectic but their are actually later flights on the airlines that day except for ACES which flies once a day so I add a day in Quito and go for 500,000 if this messes up. The Lacsa from Panama was cheaper its booked in a Z fare but I'll already have my Lcsa flight. My sister is traveling with me so wish us luck.
Old Feb 24, 2000, 8:22 pm

Originally posted by Here-I-Go:
YES. ME AND ANOTHER FRIEND, PROBABLY WITH OUR WIVES WOULD BE INTERESTED.

DO LET ME KNOW THE PROPOSED DATES AND ITINERARY.

Old Feb 24, 2000, 8:36 pm

Is there a AVIATECA (GU) flight from MGA to SAL. I saw an earlier schedule showing GU950/951 which covered these sectors. Unable to get any response from the airline.

Does any one have full system schedule of LACSA and AVIATECA.
Old Feb 24, 2000, 10:37 pm

1. What are the lowest rates for hotel / car rentals in Central America / Latin America. I have tried contacting AVIS / Holiday Inn but get different replies each time.

2. What are the VISA requirements for NON-US citizens who don't live in USA

3. Are VISA required for TRANSIT?

4. What about airport charges?

Shall much appreciate reply from FTers.

THANKS
Old Feb 25, 2000, 7:08 am

I'm going for the 500,000 mile bonus sometime in march/april at a more leisurely pace than most people here seem to be.....spend a few days in cusco, machu picchu (matbe hike the inca trail) etc, etc....I'm not going to make a contest out of it. I would like some company......my friends think latin america is too dangerous and wont touch it(I think the US is more dangerous) So far my itinerary is open. anybody interested?
Old Feb 25, 2000, 7:20 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Ron,
e-mail me at [email protected]
My doesn't want to do it & I may want to spend some time in Puru also.
Tom
Old Feb 25, 2000, 10:27 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
ONLY of concern to those nationals requiring Visas for Nicaragua (ie Aussies and Canucks)It seems that Nicaraguan Visas can be issued at the Airport for $25 USD. I have emailed the Nicaraguan Consulate in Montreal, QC to confirm this. However I did find the following link: http://www3.travel.com.au/everest/index.cgi

Any info on this one lads and lasses?
Old Feb 25, 2000, 10:31 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
last link has now gone dead! Its that cyber thing again.
Old Feb 26, 2000, 2:51 am
Original Member

Anyone planning onward travel to the "deep south" of South America should note that US citizens need visas to Brazil. I say onward travel because it seems that the furthest south any of us will be going is Cuzco. Or that will be the case until Taca Peru starts flying int'lly. Any more info on when this will happen??

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Feb 28, 2000, 9:41 am
Original Member

LatinPass is refusing to post the 500,000 bonus miles to my account; it seems that another "condition" has been added. I don't want to say much now because I am contemplating legal action, but I would advise people to be very careful when dealing with LatinPass.
Old Feb 28, 2000, 10:04 am

FD: Can you at least tell us what this new "condition" is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.