Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

1,000,000 bonus miles

1,000,000 bonus miles

Old Jan 28, 00, 9:25 am

National Airlines announced this morning that it will be joining LatinPass. No word yet on whether you will be able to meet the "partner" airline requirement by flying National.
Old Jan 28, 00, 12:00 pm
JoE

Please read before you book your tickets:

I called LatinPass today regarding the definition of a segment:

If you go from point A to B by way of point C, this counts only as 1 segment if on the same ticket.
Example: SFO-Dallas-Miami on USair only counts as 1 segment even though US airways counts it as 2 segments on my statements.

The same thing goes if you switch airlines. Only the first airline flown will count as a segment.

If you fly roundtrip and use 2 different airlines (Aces from Bogota-Lima and Avianca from Lima-Bogota) will count as 2 segments.

So I guess you need at least 5 roundtrip tickets or 10 one way tickets for the South American Airlines and 2 tickets for the partner airlines (1 roundtrip + 1 one way).

By the way, where can I get the route maps for the Grupo Taca Airline that lists each individual airlines route ?

Old Jan 28, 00, 4:22 pm
Original Member

The LatinPass definition of a segment is absurd.

But who knows? With LatinPass the rules may change several times more today...
Old Jan 28, 00, 6:48 pm

Other than tracking ticket numbers, how can the folks at LatinPass possibly know whether you used one ticket or two when you changed planes? Therefore, absent a change in the published rules prior to my ticket purchase, this is one thing that I am not going to worry about.
Old Jan 28, 00, 6:59 pm
Original Member

Having not defined the term "segment" on their web site or anywhere else in their promotion, I think they would have a difficult time getting a court to agree to restrict this term to anything other than the industry-wide accepted and publicly-understood definition of "segment." Of course, they might hope that people just wouldn't go to court to fight over it. Just my two cents.
Old Jan 28, 00, 9:49 pm

I think they know better then to upset the public. But it's always good to be cautious and follow the rules,which i'am sure they will be following too.Especially since they are probaly reading this right now.
Old Jan 29, 00, 6:08 pm

http://www.aeropostal.com/internacio.htm

Aeropostal's entire international schedule.
Old Jan 29, 00, 7:21 pm
Original Member

A dumb question...sorry I'm kinda thick this weekend.
For the hotel,car,US flights (Holiday Inn, Marriott, Avis, US Air, TWA, etc) ...Do these
have to be creditted to your LatinPass number
to qualify or can you just provide proof of the stay? I assume they need to be reserved with the LatinPass number. This offer is very tempting, I wish I looked at it earlier since we are using FF tickets to Aruba in April...I would have done the flights differently ;-) Thanks!!!

------------------
Old Jan 29, 00, 10:33 pm
Original Member

All transactions that you want to count for the promotion must be credited to your LatinPass account.

Last edited by Flying Dutchman; Jul 25, 08 at 5:44 pm
Old Jan 30, 00, 11:31 pm

New here -- Thanks for all the great input on this promotion. A friend and I will be doing the mileage run in late February.

BTW, I noticed that SEGMENT **IS** defined at Latinpass.com:

"Mileage may be earned for scheduled flight segments on which you travel as a fare-paying passenger. A flight segment is any flight which requires a separate ticket coupon. Mileage is earned on any published fare."

ejulber
Bend, Oregon
Old Feb 1, 00, 7:11 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Has anybody received the definitive answer from Latinpass on the segment issue?

I'm planning my mileage run in May starting in Miami, ending up in Lima. Being able to have more than one segment on a ticket at full fare may reduce costs of the whole exercise
Old Feb 1, 00, 7:38 am

I am a new member from India.

Any idea about how can we achieve the Latin Pass 1M goal with minimum time and cost.

Where can we get the printed table of the LP-airlines. They are not adequately represented here.

Many thanks
Old Feb 1, 00, 3:35 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
I did some checking using one way full Y fares and current LP international schedules. It basically becomes the travelling salesman problem, trying to minimize the amount spent with some constraints, like start and end point and the MIA-MGA requirement. If you are not bound by having a continous schedule the minimum would be around 1800 dollars to fly the cheapest international segment on each airline and LIM-CUZ-LIM. You then have to add the 3 flights on KL/US/TW plus the car hire/hotel requirements.

However, that leaves you with a lot of unconnected flights (eg the cheapest Aeropostal flight i could find was CCS-CUR - nice, but how to get to CCS or from CUR).
Using MIA as starting point and Lima as finsihing point I got around 2400 USD. However, I am sure that with a good travel agent, using lower fares and multi-segment tickets (assuming LP allows these) that can be brought down.

Again you have to add the other costs, plus airport taxes, plus transfers to/from hotel and for those of us not living in the region the cost of getting there.
Old Feb 3, 00, 3:14 pm
JoE

What is the current signup bonus and code for Latinpass ?
Old Feb 5, 00, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL PLAT / HH GOLD
Well this is what I have in mind for my 1,000,000 miles Bonus:

PTY SJO TA 522
SJO BOG LR 691
BOG UIO AV 77
UIO LIM VX 521
LIM CUZ TA 7(TACA PERU)
CUZ LIM TA 8
LIM PTY CM
PTY CCS CM
CCS MIA VH

It's about $1,500, could be done in 3 days (no rest, no turist attractions included, but hey you do those with time when traveling using the award tks).

The rest of the airlines in a trip to Central America to include TA (Nica) Aviateca. It is my understanding that each coupon on a tkt counts as a segment, unless Latinpass is different from the rest of the industry.

About the Hotel stays. I'm not to clear on that. Is it 6 stays in ANY of the hotel partners , or 3 on 2 only, ie. 3 nights Marriott, 3 Hiltons etc etc

Ok, you probably wonder how will I get to PTY ?, Award TKT (DL) with rtn from GUA (open Jaw) to use for the trip to Central America (to get the other airlines Nica, Aviateca)

[This message has been edited by MileSmiles (edited 02-05-2000).]

Search this Thread