Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best way to match to Alaska and Delta from Emirates?

Old Jun 20, 22, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I have Emirates Silver, and I would love to get a status match at Alaska and Delta with it, ideally without a challenge but if a challenge is required that's OK.

Is there an ideal way to do this?

The Alaska website doesn't list Emirates as an airline they match with -- would it be recommended for me to first match with SOME airline, and then try to match with Alaska? If so, what airline would be best to status match with?

Additionally, what's the best way to status match with Delta itself? Will Delta status match to Emirates?
Old Jun 24, 22, 6:46 pm

In the past I have matched from Delta TO Alaska, and also to Hawaiian. In both cases, they wanted proof of my current status and also evidence of my recent flight history to back it up. I was able to provide screenshots of my past several months of flights and got both matches with no problem.

All of that to say, I don't think you are going to be able to sneak in the back door with AS by matching to some other carrier first. If you match from EK to, say UA, and then try to use the new UA status to match to AS, you are going to run into a problem because AS is going to want to see a recent history of flights on UA. It's not like these folks are dumb.....

With regard to Delta, to my knowledge they haven't done straight-up status matches for several years. the best you are going to get is a challenge from them - but you would probably need to call customer service since EK is not listed there either.

It looks like EK Silver is more or less equal to Silver Medallion at Delta, so I am not sure that it would be worth much effort to get the match anyway

Search this Thread