Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Credit card "Travel Portal" booking bonus?

Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:31 am
Original Poster

I am trying to compile a list of those credit cards that earn EXTRA points/bonuses if you book a flight using their own travel portal. I am NOT talking about redeeming points, I am referring to ones that give extra points if you use their own booking engine instead of going directly to an airline or though places like Expedia or Priceline, etc. Can anybody point me to a list somewhere (or supply some data points)?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Besides what you're referring to, remember there are cards that earn extra points for booking a certain way, even if it's not through a portal.

Many airline cards earn extra miles / points for booking directly through that airline. Some even give an annual cash credit of some sort when doing such a booking (on top of the extra miles / points).

There are Amex cards which earn extra MR points for booking directly through any airline.

And of course there are cards that earn extra points for Travel which can include airlines (probably booked multiple ways, depending on the details of the travel bonus points benefit).

Meanwhile, to different people different points / miles have different value. So a card giving extra points of a certain type may or may not be as valuable to a given person as another card that doesn't give extra points of a different type.

So once you get the "travel portal" information, someone will have to compare the "travel portal" bonus to all that above to see which works better for a given person in a given situation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.