Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

5,000 Hilton points for listening to a phone sales pitch on Hilton Vacations.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:20 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

5,000 Hilton points for listening to a phone sales pitch on Hilton Vacations. Please tell us about your experience with this.
  • How long do you have to stay on the phone?
  • Do you have to interact with someone, or just listen?0
  • Is it a recorded pitch, or live?
  • When do you give them your Hilton account number, before or after the pitch?
  • Is this a time-share program?
Thanks.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I might consider it for 500,000 and lifetime Diamond, but nothing less.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:50 pm

I did this last year when a similar thing came up - you do talk to a real live person, i think the total call lasted about 5 minutes max of just saying no thanks (it is indeed a timeshare property pitch). I simply said i'll check with my spouse before making any commitments.
travelnurse likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:33 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
I did this last year when a similar thing came up - you do talk to a real live person, i think the total call lasted about 5 minutes max of just saying no thanks (it is indeed a timeshare property pitch). I simply said i'll check with my spouse before making any commitments.
Do you give them your HH number before say no thanks?
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:43 am

My experience doing it several times over many years is that they take the HH number. It struck me as more than a time share pitch - it had other benefits. But we don't sign up for memberships like this so I said I'll need to check with my spouse and that was it.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:23 am

Has anyone done this offer in the past few days? I'm sure when I clicked on the link last week the linked to page showed the 5,000 point offer but now it does not. I know I could just call and find out but I'm guessing the rep's may not know - If no one has tried lately I'll be the guinea pig and call then report back.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:28 pm

The offer might be over. I did do this couple days ago, called the number, and it was VERY CLEAR that the agent knew about the 5000 point offer - she just pointblanked asked if I was calling just for the points or was actually interested (and was clear that even if i'm calling just for the points I will get them but she won't waste both of our time if that was the primary reason).

To be polite, I did say I was interested in the Vegas hilton grand vacation property, so then the agent gave a quick 1 minute spiel and said they'll email me a slide deck with the info (which they did), and if i'm further interested after that i can call back for a longer 15 minute pitch.

It was obvious that they were getting a lot of people just for the points, and while they honored it, they didn't want to waste either of our time and were good about giving you points and then just an email with the details with a longer 15 minute talk only if you're truly interested.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:05 pm

Read the fine print. As I understand it, agreeing to the offer establishes a business relationship between you and Hilton's timeshare company. That relationship means they no longer have to abide by "do not call" lists. Chances are good that you'll be spammed for years just to get 5,000 points.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I've listened twice to the sales pitch after being transferred at the end of a call. Both times I didn't receive the points (UK based account, but was told that was fine). Won't be wasting my time again.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:59 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

One of my readers says he tried this. No points. When he called to ask about this, was told 500 points for listening (15 minutes), 5000 for accepting . Sheeze...
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Can confirm: do a timeshare tour and you will get phone calls for years afterwards. I'm still willing to do one every few years or so for an exceptionally lucrative promo offer, but there's no way I'd engage in one of these phone calls for a tiny amount of value. You will get tired of getting war-dialed by Hilton. It's not worth it for twenty bucks' worth of points.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Borrow the phone from someone you dislike and do the call.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
As the majority of Hilton timeshare telesales agents remain laid off, I would not anticipate this offer returning too soon in full force.
Brendan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by pgary
5,000 Hilton points for listening to a phone sales pitch on Hilton Vacations. Please tell us about your experience with this.
  • How long do you have to stay on the phone?
  • Do you have to interact with someone, or just listen?0
  • Is it a recorded pitch, or live?
  • When do you give them your Hilton account number, before or after the pitch?
  • Is this a time-share program?
Thanks.
My experience

- You have to stay on the phone for 30 minutes
- You have to speak to someone
- Live pitch
- Yes. It is a timeshare program

I booked up two trips with Hilton under this offer. New York and Scotland. Both times, I got a great deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.