Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking down PE partner award space

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Tracking down PE partner award space

Topic referenced above seems to be a rather difficult task. Asking you all for advice on the best ways to do this. For example, I am looking for international PE space on OW & *A airlines. ExpertFlyer lets me check BA on OW, but not JAL or CX. On *A, it lets me check Air Canada but not Singapore, ANA or Lufthansa (none of the latter shows PE cabin as a choice but I know they exist on the relevant routes).

Qantas & BA's site show nothing coming up on OW carriers. I distrust at least Qantas, as the result is "we found nothing matching blah blah..." for a span of several months into the future (even when no cabin selection has been made yet).

UA's site shows some availability (didn't check which carriers, as the mile cost was too high - more than business in most cases). There doesn't seem to be a "saver" for PE (keep in mind I am looking for partner space). Air Canada's site doesn't let you specify PE and lumps Economy & PE together, and all search results are economy. ANA is the only carrier that shows availability and good prices, but I don't want to book round trip and am unsure how/if I can see this space from a partner site. Does anyone know if ANA's space (ANA only shows it's own space for PE, not partners) is accessible to partners or if that is not necessarily available to others?

Overall, it looks like PE is very much half-baked from an award perspective and quite frustrating.

Last edited by AbyssalLoris; Apr 17, 2019 at 12:15 pm Reason: grammar
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Award Nexus (www.awardnexus.com), free up to a point for FlyerTalk members (click "more signup options" under the green Purchase button to get to the place to sign up using your FlyerTalk info), lets you search each of the three alliances through one or two airline sites, returning results in the same format in all cases, and does have a selection for Premium Economy in the cabin field.

But, of course, it depends on the underlying site that it uses as to how useful those results will be. PE is relatively new in many parts of the world (eg, the USA), and so not every airline in an alliance may have set up their PE to be searchable across the whole alliance yet. If so, that's a problem unsolvable by using another search site that in the end gets its information from the same place.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just used Award Nexus today to find CX premium economy. Phoned AS and successfully booked it.

The underlying search was done via BA, so you could probably search directly on BA.com for it too.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both. I had no luck on BA before, but will keep an eye on it. Will look into Nexus as well (have tampered with it in the past). PE is perhaps just not ready for prime (award) time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.