US Travel daily getaways 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Travel daily getaways 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by BoraYa
No the server has not crashed! Rather those in the know and selenium with Python has performed precisely as intended. These point sales are to be discouraged and this bidding website is rather behind the times with regard to e-commerce bidding and sales!

Out of an abundance of generosity, and to save you all time in the future I shall briefly and vaguely explain here how this works:

First: Selenium while not the fastest is the most efficient at the task for the skilled millennial shopper!

Second: There are no captcha requirements or js ajax calls! so scrapy works just as well despite being html based. You can even use WHB-botcreater or if you're not too stingy snag one on fiverr!

Third: We decided to test this via a manual precise time clock on multiple devices had a 12:59:50 lock and 12:59:55 test and a 12:59.59 to 1:00:01 multiple refresh. At precisely 1:00:00 the website refused to properly load on firefox, chrome, and internet explorer across mobile and desktop browsers. At a 1:00:01 to 1:00:02 refresh none of the browsers would load despite several minutes of repeated requests the server was unavailable as all packages were being purchased by the appropriate AI!

You wasted your time indeed and so did the rest of the point collecting crowd. Sorry thanks for playing, hope you all have the common sense to make better use of the limited time left in your lives next time!

Those in the know have all of the packages, and those who are not lazy now know how to properly compete next time around! Here is a tip, better be faster than selenium or get a new hobby!
yep, failed to get anything manually last year and this time tried with a python script, got all 4 packages of Hyatt and bought 2 of them as I do need those points for a up coming trip, canceled the other 2 immediately so others can still buy them
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Picked up a 30k and 40k Hyatt package but couldn’t grab the 24k Hyatt package.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's all about the bots.
Seems like the bots beat out the humans for the Hyatt points as well. They need to add better protections or just cancel this campaign.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Seems like the bots beat out the humans for the Hyatt points as well. They need to add better protections or just cancel this campaign.
I used no bots to pick up the Hyatt packages I mentioned earlier, so I must have beat the bots at least somewhat.

The packages all showed as sold out within 24 minutes of sale launch, even as all of the packages had been grabbed within the first couple of seconds of 1pm EST.

Some of the grabbed packages from at least 3 of the lots ended up released and grabbed again. I take it as a sign that maybe the bots don’t always win even over some other people doing it as I had done: manually.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:26 pm

Talking Highly Unlikely to have occured as reported!

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Picked up a 30k and 40k Hyatt package but couldn’t grab the 24k Hyatt package.
I can almost guarantee this did not happen manually if done as reported. The claim is bogus as evidenced by the attempt to grab multiple packages, and the claim of success indicates at the very least the use of multiple devices, likely with a cheap bot or two, bots that do not always perform as intended apparently with the 24k. Do not get your hopes up on this ridiculous claim. As stated earlier a secondary round of tests were performed to verify the hypothesis! The only remote possibility of the above is if internet speeds were extremely high, and the page were loaded at the precise millisecond time change to 1:00:00 and a waiting period ensued as opposed to the novice users who hit refresh again the moment it does not load up quickly! unwittingly placing themselves behind the rest of the lot yet again and thus shutting themselves out! You only click refresh once at the millisecond change and wait, and your connection better be faster than the rest. The point collectors have once again wasted their time and shown their lack of sophistication! Our evidence guarantees a *quality* bot is needed as confirmed by multiple accounts believing the server had crashed when it in fact did not! There is no need to give the lot false hope and waste more time in their ordinary lives. I find the account of this to be lacking merit without the use of a bot, sorry and thanks for playing "hand out false hope".
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just waiting for this scammer to start offering his services in writing "quality" bots.

@GUWonder, congrats on the score. I briefly considered writing something and realized it wasn't worth my time.
cblaisd, Tanic and biscuitsoup like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BoraYa
I can almost guarantee this did not happen manually if done as reported. The claim is bogus as evidenced by the attempt to grab multiple packages, and the claim of success indicates at the very least the use of multiple devices, likely with a cheap bot or two, bots that do not always perform as intended apparently with the 24k. Do not get your hopes up on this ridiculous claim. As stated earlier a secondary round of tests were performed to verify the hypothesis! The only remote possibility of the above is if internet speeds were extremely high, and the page were loaded at the precise millisecond time change to 1:00:00 and a waiting period ensued as opposed to the novice users who hit refresh again the moment it does not load up quickly! unwittingly placing themselves behind the rest of the lot yet again and thus shutting themselves out! You only click refresh once at the millisecond change and wait, and your connection better be faster than the rest. The point collectors have once again wasted their time and shown their lack of sophistication! Our evidence guarantees a *quality* bot is needed as confirmed by multiple accounts believing the server had crashed when it in fact did not! There is no need to give the lot false hope and waste more time in their ordinary lives. I find the account of this to be lacking merit without the use of a bot, sorry and thanks for playing "hand out false hope".
I used multiple iOS devices at the same time, and I don’t write or use “bots” for these purchases. What’s the purpose of “hand out false hope” for Hyatt point purchases? If anything, I would have more to gain if fewer people had no hope of manually grabbing this package and gave up their interest in manually grabbing the Hyatt packages — as I didn’t score all that I would have wanted.

In prior years, I have failed to grab the Hyatt packages, but this year was different in that regard. And this year I failed to grab the Fairmont and Hertz packages which I would have wanted. Does that speak of trying to “hand out false hope”? Of course not.

My successes on grabbing these packages comes from years of pursuing these deals, practicing on grabbing these deals, and using good old manual hand-eye coordination and speed akin to that used by old school video game players. No bots needed to get these all-manual wins and loses of mine. Maybe someone wants to pay me to show how it’s done, but there is no secret to this for me that I haven’t shared about how I’ve had the DG purchases this year and in prior years.

What server crash are you talking about for the Hyatt purchases? I encountered no such thing during the period 5 minutes before to 24 minutes after the Hyatt point sale.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 3, 2019 at 11:29 pm
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:12 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Let's keep the conversation on the actual travel services that have been offered. Any more debate/argument about the bidding process and I will close the thread.

MileageAddict
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:40 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
All three Hilton packages are still available 40 minutes in.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
I was able to get one of the Hilton points packages, but clearly it was not as great of a value or in high demand as Hyatt. In my rush to purchase, I did not notice that the terms and conditions state that it takes 3 to 4 weeks for the points to post. Does anyone know if that's actually the case, or if there's any possibility they'll post sooner?

I bought for a specific booking in mind, but not sure if the hotel will still have availability in 3 to 4 weeks....
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by GUWonder

I used multiple iOS devices at the same time, and I don’t write or use “bots” for these purchases. What’s the purpose of “hand out false hope” for Hyatt point purchases? If anything, I would have more to gain if fewer people had no hope of manually grabbing this package and gave up their interest in manually grabbing the Hyatt packages — as I didn’t score all that I would have wanted.

In prior years, I have failed to grab the Hyatt packages, but this year was different in that regard. And this year I failed to grab the Fairmont and Hertz packages which I would have wanted. Does that speak of trying to “hand out false hope”? Of course not.

My successes on grabbing these packages comes from years of pursuing these deals, practicing on grabbing these deals, and using good old manual hand-eye coordination and speed akin to that used by old school video game players. No bots needed to get these all-manual wins and loses of mine. Maybe someone wants to pay me to show how it’s done, but there is no secret to this for me that I haven’t shared about how I’ve had the DG purchases this year and in prior years.

What server crash are you talking about for the Hyatt purchases? I encountered no such thing during the period 5 minutes before to 24 minutes after the Hyatt point sale.
I am going to second that it was possible to get multiple Hyatt packages with manual skills. All I did was use three different browsers on a MacBook Air and a quick hand. I am a computer zero with no programming skills.
GUWonder and VegasGambler like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:30 am
Suspended

Hyatt points posted with a date of June 4th, but maybe the points showed up in the account on the 5th of June as that was the date of the notification I received for the points adjustment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.