US Travel daily getaways 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Travel daily getaways 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
Managed to snag the $325 deal today for a friend.
Hi, I purchased one of the $325 deals last week as well. Have you purchased one of these deals in the past? If so, did it take a whole 15 business days to arrive in your email and was it a pain to use? I was hoping to go to Orlando 2nd week of June, I realize that's really pushing it and probably not possible.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by biscuitsoup
Hi, I purchased one of the $325 deals last week as well. Have you purchased one of these deals in the past? If so, did it take a whole 15 business days to arrive in your email and was it a pain to use? I was hoping to go to Orlando 2nd week of June, I realize that's really pushing it and probably not possible.
I recall lasts time my coworker said it took a while. I personally have no idea as I have always bought them for my corworker. I did buy a vegas deal last year and that took at least a week maybe 2.

june 2nd might be a bit ambitious.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
I recall lasts time my coworker said it took a while. I personally have no idea as I have always bought them for my corworker. I did buy a vegas deal last year and that took at least a week maybe 2.

june 2nd might be a bit ambitious.
Dang, I was hoping for June 9-10. Oh well. Thanks.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Daily Getaway Choice purchases seem to have posted to accounts. Check your Choice accounts, as a bunch of you should notice the points being credited. There is some manual work involved in these accounts getting credited; and so the amounts can be wrong at times -- even as Choice gets back to correcting most of them even without being contacted (if history is to repeat itself).
Old May 22, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
To post or not to post. If it is in my destiny, I will get this purchase. If not I would not have anyway.

Looks like the Hertz offer changed drastically.

Before the awards were something like 13200 for $560 or 4.2cents per point. now different offers but more points for less.

$698 - 25,000 Pts: One Week Prestige Collection - 2.8 cents per point

$280 - 7,500 Pts: One Week Standard Rental - 3.7 cents per point

$560 - 20,000 Pts: Weekend Prestige Collection - 2.8cents per point

However, Hertz redemption rates have gone up 37%, but the costs have gone down more than 37% making this deal MORE attractive.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:54 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Hertz Gold Point devaluation

I was thinking of getting one of the Hertz packages, but with the just announced (effective immediately with no advanced notice) devaluation, looks like not such a good deal. Check out the new burn rates to make sure it's worth the price.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:21 am
Original Member

What's the secret in nabbing a package? No Hertz How long does one have to buy the package?
Old May 29, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sggolf
What's the secret in nabbing a package? No Hertz How long does one have to buy the package?
You have until the packages sell out. (The Daily Getaways webpage indicates the quantity of each package that is available for sale.)

Some Daily Getaways offers sell out in a matter of minutes.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:27 am

The Hertz deal was a steal! Must be the first devaluation where I feel I’m coming out ahead.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:30 am

I was able to get in on the 7500 points for my sister, and then again for me. However, on the second 7500 it recognized the credit card and threw me out. DANG
Old May 29, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by manually
I was able to get in on the 7500 points for my sister, and then again for me. However, on the second 7500 it recognized the credit card and threw me out. DANG
Ouch! Must have slipped your mind to use a diff CC for the second tran. Years prior I sit on multiple devices to try and get Hertz points. This time I was just casually going for the 7500 points on my iPhone, and somehow I got it.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10

Ouch! Must have slipped your mind to use a diff CC for the second tran. Years prior I sit on multiple devices to try and get Hertz points. This time I was just casually going for the 7500 points on my iPhone, and somehow I got it.
No Slipping TOTAL FORGETFULNESS. I was able to get both on just the one computer. I have a feeling they probably had more than the stated amount....
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I got the Hertz 25k package and my partner got the 20k package. Just refreshed page until 1pm and bought immediately. They were gone by the time I had finished the purchase.

I *think* with these prices, it means I get one week of standard rental for $98 + some taxes which is pretty decent.
CodeAdam10 likes this.

Last edited by Enigma368; May 29, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Old May 29, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Not a fan of the deval either but the $ I can save on minivan rentals and one-way rentals is still huge.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:46 pm
Original Member

I clicked and clicked and nothing, not one package. I wonder how some of you are able to get two packages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.