Wiki Posts
Search

US Travel daily getaways 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 1:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by c5ruzr
Anyone know what time and time zone deals go active?
Is this what you are looking for?

Offers are available for purchase each weekday Beginning May 6, 2019 at 1:00 pm ET, Quantities for these items are extremely limited and may sell out quickly. However, in the event that they do not sell out the day they go on sale, they will appear on the “All Available Offers” page. You may purchase offers featured on this page 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until the promotion ends, June 7, 2019, or until the offers sell out.
https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/F...fers-available
Old May 5, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Is this what you are looking for?
Yes, Thanks!
Old May 6, 2019, 3:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some nice deals for Orlando in there... the Universal ticket and Discovery Cove offers are good.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Deals up through late May.

Nothing of interest except maybe some OMNI nights if you have a good use for them.

No airline/hotel points of interest.

I remember last year we had the debate about whether the $750 Avis President's Club membership was worth it. I seem to recall the consensus was that for most typical renters it wasn't.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I'm probably going to swing for the IHG points today for the first time ever. We just discovered that we can probably get a lot of use out of the 4th free night if we plan right, so I think this program will suddenly top our list for some vacations on long weekends. either way $500 isn't too bad. Plus other than Choice, So far I don't see anything else I need to buy LOL
Old May 6, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by miadukes
I'm probably going to swing for the IHG points today for the first time ever. We just discovered that we can probably get a lot of use out of the 4th free night if we plan right, so I think this program will suddenly top our list for some vacations on long weekends. either way $500 isn't too bad. Plus other than Choice, So far I don't see anything else I need to buy LOL
Pretty sure they will be readily available when you take your swing. I recall last year they were there for a week or so.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by manually
Pretty sure they will be readily available when you take your swing. I recall last year they were there for a week or so.
Yes, I remember the same thing but rather not chance it so will just go for it at 1pm. Usually IHG is there until the very end. I wonder if that will change with the new benefit or not. Doubt it but who knows.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Some nice deals for Orlando in there... the Universal ticket and Discovery Cove offers are good.
Isn't the UNiversal ticket only for Hollywood?
Old May 6, 2019, 2:45 pm

great stuff reading now
Old May 6, 2019, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Omnivore
Isn't the UNiversal ticket only for Hollywood?
yes, it was in the fine print part but its only for california. I thought how exciting for orlando but nope.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:49 pm

crazy, some of the IHG deals sold out already!
Exiled in Express likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Previews got extended to the last week. The Battle Royale for Hyatt is June 3. Hyatt at just over a penny per point and Hilton at half a cent the next day.
miadukes likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by miadukes
yes, it was in the fine print part but its only for california. I thought how exciting for orlando but nope.
I thought the same, I was excited as I'm a Disney World annual pass holder but not Universal but then I saw it was just California
miadukes likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The Hertz points and Hyatt points are pretty good value. Generally wouldn't use Hertz points the way the website suggests, but on a cost-per-point basis it's pretty good. (I tend to use Hertz points for 1-day rentals.)

While I can usually still get more than 0.5 cpp out of Hilton, I wouldn't actually *buy* them for that.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped
The Hertz points and Hyatt points are pretty good value. Generally wouldn't use Hertz points the way the website suggests, but on a cost-per-point basis it's pretty good. (I tend to use Hertz points for 1-day rentals.)

While I can usually still get more than 0.5 cpp out of Hilton, I wouldn't actually *buy* them for that.
Yeah, I use hertz points for weekly rentals on midsize cars where cash rates are ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.