Wiki Posts
Search

Award seats and credit card bonuses

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Award seats and credit card bonuses

Hi there FlyerTalkers!
I have been a forum member for 5 years, even though I didn't participate much, I used forum to obtain tons of valuable information. It's time to give back to the community.
Sometime ago I created a chart outlining the minimum number of miles needed to get an award ticket from the USA to Europe/Asia on many airlines, the transfer partners for those airlines, and possible card bonus deals.
While originally I created this chart for my personals use, I posted it online, and recently a lot of redditors helped me with great improvement ideas, so chart became very easy to read and super-useful for many. Everything is sortable and all paths are selectable. I hope it will be useful for FlyerTalkers as well.

getmapped.com/Awards_Chart/

Any comments are welcome.

Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diser55
Any comments are welcome.
At first glance, I notice you don't identify which cards let you transfer and which cards don't.

For example, if all you apply for is Chase Freedom and/or Freedom Unlimited, you can't do the transfer shown. You have to also have a UR card with an AF to actually do the transfer.
Same goes for Citi Rewads+.

Second, some of the airlines shown have easily-extendable expiration, while others have "hard" expiration at 3 years you can't do anything about. All the details can be found in the Sticky thread about expiration here in the MilesBuzz forum. If you could somehow shorthand incorporate that into the chart, that would useful for anyone who either transfer points before they know availability or the availability disappears by the time the points transfer is completed. (Not all points transfers to airlines are instant, by any means.)
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks, sdsearch!

As far as Chase Freedom/Unlimited, there is a tooltip which is shown when you hover a mouse over the bonus link. It mentions that Sapphire card is needed. I'll think of a way to make it more visible, especially if tooltips aren't shown in mobile browsers. Added a similar note to Rewards+ - missed it before, thanks!

Good point about expiration. I'll add that information in one way or another.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Wonderful card, Edward! Too bad this one is not available to the US-based residents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.