Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Frontier 3X mileage promotion 11/29-12/15 (status with 2 transcon RTs?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.

I know for some reason that Frontier isn't the favorite airline of many here, but they're "nicer than Spirit" as far as ULCCs go, still have a DISTANCE-BASED FF program, and are unique in having ELITE levels with perks that make the flying experience more tolerable, almost to the level of regular, non-basic economy on legacies.

Now they have a 3X miles promotion through Dec. 15 if you sign up

Here's the T&C graf for that:

ABOUT THIS OFFER

All flights between 12:00 am EST on November 29, 2018 and completed by 11:59 pm EST on December 15, 2018 are eligible for triple miles. FRONTIER ℠ Miles number must be provided at the time of booking to qualify for the Bonus Miles. Bonus miles earned will be credited to your account within 7-10 business days post-travel. Bonus miles are qualifying miles towards Elite status. All other ticket terms and conditions apply.
(bolding mine)

Whoa! If it's 3X and they're all also status miles, then by my calculation an ATL-LAS RT (like one I just booked midweek at $91 RT) works out to 10,440 RDMs and the same number of EQMs. You can get first-level elite status with 20K EQMs, which will get you priority boarding, a free full-size carry-on, and a chance to upgrade free to stretch seats if they're still available at the 24-hour check-in window. So - if I'm reading this right - two transcons could be enough to do it.

The 10K is also enough for a domestic one-way "saver" award.

If that's the case (and IIRC they've done this a time or two in the past at about this time), then it's a really great deal, especially as they've got some long hauls with costs really slashed for the low early-December period. Could even be worth an MR.

If anyone has more info to shed some light on this, it's appreciated.

They don't seem to be really publicizing this, and I found the link in the middle of an e-mail.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by RustyC
I know for some reason that Frontier isn't the favorite airline of many here, but they're "nicer than Spirit" as far as ULCCs go
Like the old Meister Brau commercial - "Tastes as good as Budweiser!"
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I dunno if Meister Brau was ever sold around here, but I assume it was like Schaefer's or Milwaukee's Best or something like that. Plywood aging.

Frontier is trying to be a wintertime vacation airline (like Allegiant), a DEN hub carrier (like United) and a legacy-route undercutter like Spirit, all at once. They're not for everyone, but they try to keep the planes somewhat cleaner, the FAs a little less drill-sergeant-like, and have cups of water at no cost.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

UPDATE: The bonuses from my first two trips posted and I read it right in the original post...the RDMs for an ATL-LAS RT totaled over 10,000 and so did the EQMs.

As of now I'm just a little over 600 miles short of 50K status. But with one trip to go that will put me over the top. Total airfare for the three trips combined will be about $250, and the RDMs will buy 1.5 "saver" domestic RTs. Those are useful because they also include connecting flights (which are usually not discounted like non-stops are).

Even though the last day to fly under the promo is Dec. 15 (and you must sign up at the link), they do have a 90PCT code sale until midnight tonight (12/10) on many routes that *might* actually still deeply discount some flights from your city before then IF there are seats left. They'll probably switch to a $20 short haul sale or something like that later in the week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.