Wiki Posts
Search

30K AAdvantage for Citi checking account

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by yuel
Appears they are offering this promo again with a $400 spend instead of $375

Do you have a link?

P.S. Never mind, it's the same one. Great, thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:31 pm

T & C says it's for "New-to-Citibank Customers". Anyone know if that excludes Citi credit card holders? 'Cause that's just about everyone ; ).

Last edited by whoopsiedazy; Mar 9, 2019 at 8:40 pm Reason: clarification
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Do a chat and get it in writing if you deal with Citi!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:21 pm

Hi, couple of questions about the AAdvantage miles offer on the Citi checking account. Can anyone apply for this offer, including the "Citi Priority account:
Earn 50,000 AAdvantage bonus miles"? I have seen in some sites that this offer is targeted and you need a code to sign up, but the Citi website seems to be open to anyone.

Also, do credit card bills count towards the "qualifying bill payments for two consecutive months". Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi, couple of questions about the AAdvantage miles offer on the Citi checking account. Can anyone apply for this offer, including the "Citi Priority account:
Earn 50,000 AAdvantage bonus miles"? I have seen in some sites that this offer is targeted and you need a code to sign up, but the Citi website seems to be open to anyone.

Also, do credit card bills count towards the "qualifying bill payments for two consecutive months". Thanks!

Curious as well, did you ever get answers to these?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
My wife got a targeted offer for 50K miles. Completed the requirements and points just posted.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:36 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by chongl
My wife got a targeted offer for 50K miles. Completed the requirements and points just posted.
How long did they take?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
About 2 months after completing the requirements
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:41 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by chongl
About 2 months after completing the requirements
crazy!!! I heard about the delay thou...so I’m prepared..
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by whoopsiedazy
T & C says it's for "New-to-Citibank Customers". Anyone know if that excludes Citi credit card holders? 'Cause that's just about everyone ; ).
Basically, all Citibank checking offers are 1 per lifetime only. So credit card customers are not included.

Check the T&Cs of the promotion page. If not mentioned, it is not a targeted offer.

Yes and no.

You need to process the payment through its Bill Pay and all Citi Cards are excluded.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Here is the offer I posed about, with no account minimum and $400 spend requirement. I just got my new ATM card, but not my account number, which is needed to establish the online banking & app.

30,000 AA miles for new Citi Checking account.Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles by opening a new checking account in the Citibank® Account Package ("Eligible Checking Account") by April 14, 2019, and completing required activities within 60 days after account opening.

Step 1 - Open Open a new checking account in the Citibank®Account Package
Step 2 - Spend $400 on qualifying Citibank®Debit or ATM card
Step 3 - Download and log in to the Citi Mobile® App

https://banking.citi.com/cbol/19/che...AA/default.pdf

30,000 AA miles for new Citi Checking account.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:40 am

I just received 30k miles, about 4 months after opening chkg. Stupidly, I missed the $400 qualifying spend deadline by a few days. I telephoned (after waiting for miles to post) and learned this. Uggh! However, the CSR forwarded my case for reconsideration and guess what? Citi awarded me the 30k miles anyway! Thanks Citibank!
muji likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:33 pm

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I just signed up and didn't see anywhere to put my AA #. Where am I supposed to add it to get the miles?

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:16 am

Can I meet, the $400 spending requirement by loading Serve or getting a MO?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by jhangilp
Can I meet, the $400 spending requirement by loading Serve or getting a MO?
Citibank wants you to use the card like a credit card.

Those are considered debit transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.