Wiki Posts
Search

30K AAdvantage for Citi checking account

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
30K AAdvantage for Citi checking account

Looks like a decent deal for 30K, spend $375 on the ATM card.

Who is eligible for AAdvantage® 30,000 miles offer?
For Citibank’s Retail Checking 30,000 AAdvantage® Miles Offer (“30,000 AAdvantage® Offer”), “Eligible Customers” are (1) New-to-Citibank Customers, (2) who enroll in the AAdvantage® 30,000 Miles Offer, (3) are at least eighteen (18) years of age, (4) have a valid W-9 or W-8BEN on file with Citibank and are not subject to back-up withholding, (5) have an AAdvantage Account and (6) perform the required activities indicated below (“Eligible Customers”). “New-to-Citibank Customers” cannot be current owners of a Citibank consumer checking account or have been an owner on a Citibank® consumer checking account within the last 180 calendar days before enrollment in the 30,000 AAdvantage® Miles Offer.

If I am eligible, how do I enroll in this promotion?
Between October 15, 2018 and November 30, 2018 (“Offer Period”), Eligible Customers can enroll in this offer by clicking the “Open Checking Account” button and proceeding to the account opening page, or by contacting Citibank by telephone and asking a Citibank representative to enroll them.

What is being offered in Citibank’s Retail Checking 30,000 AAdvantage® Miles offer?
If you are an Eligible Customer and enroll and fulfill required activities (see required activities below), you can earn 30,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles. AAdvantage® bonus miles will be credited by Citibank to your AAdvantage® account within ninety (90) calendar days from the date you complete all required activities. At the time the AAdvantage® bonus miles are to be credited to your AAdvantage® account, you must have an open AAdvantage® account and the new Eligible Checking Account must be open and in good standing.

How do I fulfill the 30,000 AAdvantage Miles Offer’s required activities?
First, Eligible Customers must have or open an AAdvantage customer account which is held in his or her name (“AAdvantage Account”). You may open an AAdvantage® account by visiting www.aa.com, selecting “AAdvantage program” and clicking “Log in / Join”.

Second, Eligible Customers must enroll in the 30,000 AAdvantage Offer (see “How do I enroll” section above).
Third, Eligible Customers must open a new consumer regular or interest checking account in The Citibank® Account Package. (“Eligible Checking Account”). Fiduciary, estate, business and/or trust accounts are not eligible for this Checking Account Offer even if they otherwise meet the definition of Eligible Checking Account. However, trust accounts that are a Living Trust and Custodial accounts are eligible. All accounts are subject to approval.

Fourth, within sixty (60) days of opening the Eligible Checking Account, Eligible Customers must perform the following required activities:
  1. Spend at least $375 on qualifying purchases using your Citibank® Debit or ATM Card. Qualifying purchases must post to the new Eligible Checking Account within sixty (60) calendar days of account opening2;
    AND
  2. Download the Citi Mobile® App from your app store (or text APP4 to MYCITI (692484) to receive a link) and log in to your new Eligible Checking Account3.
https://banking.citi.com/cbol/18/q4/...AD89F0C59D0B61
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:50 am

is that all you need to do? Can the account be closed after? ive never done this before, but it seems pretty tempting....
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wolfgang5150
is that all you need to do? Can the account be closed after? ive never done this before, but it seems pretty tempting....
i have done this before, but it’s was like 10 yrs a ago, kept open for 6 months and closed it
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
So, basically park $10k for 60 days, make one spend of $375 and download the app for 30k miles? Seems simple enough.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by kathiel
So, basically park $10k for 60 days, make one spend of $375 and download the app for 30k miles? Seems simple enough.
Nothing is easy with citibank. Be prepared to waste a lot of time and to have your patience tested.
allset2travel, jrm68, muji and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:21 am

I did the savings account bonus last year, they were fairly easy to deal with. Posted and closed account without much fuss.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by boboqui

Nothing is easy with citibank. Be prepared to waste a lot of time and to have your patience tested.
+1 I'm a Cit Gold customer and it took me 1 month of constant grueling conversation with individuals on the phone and in the Branch just go open a simple CD account... be prepared for time and your patient to be tested as well as constant confusion.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:53 pm

I'm getting the chkg acct. Sounds like a winner, 30K miles. No maintenance fee either.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:35 am

i applied for this and will post my experience. so far account approved, waiting for paperwork etc....
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
So, basically park $10k for 60 days, make one spend of $375 ....
Originally Posted by Tailgater
...No maintenance fee either.
There could be fees if the $375 transaction(s) drop the balance below $10,000.

A monthly service fee of $25 and a $2.50 non-Citibank ATM fee apply to checking account in The Citibank® Account Package if combined average monthly balance of $10,000 or more is not maintained.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
There could be fees if the $375 transaction(s) drop the balance below $10,000.
that will be my reason to cancel the acct
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:11 am

My offer is 50k
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:33 pm

Thank you for applying. Your request to open the following account(s) is now being processed:
  • REGULAR CHECKING
Once we’ve reviewed your application. we’ll reach out by email or US mail. You should hear from us within 5 business days.Thank you for choosing Citi.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by erik123
My offer is 50k
Can we get a link? Most times if you call in the higher offer after applying, they will match it.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:46 am

Can we get a link? Most times if you call in the higher offer after applying, they will match it.
Came in the mail. No link. Not worth it to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.