Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eMiles Shutting Down

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Exclamation eMiles Shutting Down

Just received this email... not cool that they only gave one week notice then again they could have just turned off the lights and left in the middle of the night.

Dear Member,

We wanted to reach-out with an important update about the eMiles program and your membership.

We greatly appreciate your support and participation in eMiles, as well as the millions of other members over the years, but sadly we need to communicate that the eMiles program will soon be coming to a close.

We will provide additional updates along the way, but wanted to inform you of a couple of key dates in advance:
  • Effective June 15, 2018, eMiles Redemptions will close, so please be sure to log-in and redeem, as unredeemed points will expire on June 29, 2018
  • After June 15, 2018, you will continue to be able to log-in to eMiles, view your account history, claim previously-redeemed rewards, and communicate with [email protected]
We’ll be sure to send additional reminders, so you don’t forget to redeem your points, but please visit our FAQ if you have any questions.

Thank you for a being an integral part of our community.
- Your friends at eMiles
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
It was mentioned sometime back in the master E-miles thread that they where shutting down. I had 403 points and couldn't find anything to redeem them, only available where minimum of 500 for UA miles. I did a few surveys and in less than 30 minutes I had 517, immediately cashed them in and now I'm left with 17 E-Miles, which will eventually transfer to E-rewards.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:55 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

The emiles website had all earning opportunities removed awhile ago, right after they announced the shut down.

Today's email was identical to the previous one they sent out, about a month ago.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
No great loss. It's been going downhill for years.
Ismilee and spartacus like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by arollins
It was mentioned sometime back in the master E-miles thread that they where shutting down. I had 403 points and couldn't find anything to redeem them, only available where minimum of 500 for UA miles. I did a few surveys and in less than 30 minutes I had 517, immediately cashed them in and now I'm left with 17 E-Miles, which will eventually transfer to E-rewards.
Does it say somewhere that the remaining miles will be transferred to E-rewards? I didn't see this...
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:53 am

Never mind...I just found it in the FAQ, although these two accounts aren't connected that I'm aware of. Will they just link them by email address? Thanks, if anyone knows the answer!
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA, AA peon
Sounds like it. The email I got goes on to say:
IMPORTANT NOTE:
As an existing member of the e-Rewards Opinion Panel (our sister company), any eMiles Points that you have not redeemed by June 15, 2018 will be loaded into your e-Rewards account (associated with this e-mail address) on or before June 29, 2018, in the amount of $0.05 in e-Rewards Currency, for each remaining eMiles Point.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Unable to login, reset password still cannot login.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
The redemption I've made for Amazon gift card had not been fullfiled and the help line does not respond.

Might be safer just to let the points to transfer to e-rewards.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:31 pm

Not surprised. Wasn't too impressed with them.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Useless program. Good riddance.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:12 am
Original Member

Oh well

I stopped using the both of them years ago after e-rewards would waste my time repeatedly. After answering several hundred questions over 30 minutes, in the final demographic questions I would answer "caucasian" or "male" and the survey bot would respond, "We have already met enough responses from your demographic group, so no points for you."

It's probably better that I found better uses for my time than making 25 cents an hour filling out surveys.
aspidites and muji like this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum
i just went to the emiles.com.
was easily able to log in and transfer my remaining points to amazon gc's
will see whether they actually arrive or not!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:05 am

I learned a long time ago to always respond hispanic female - now I rarely get kicked out of surveys. Caucasian males are of no import to marketers anymore.
arollins likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by aspidites
I learned a long time ago to always respond hispanic female - now I rarely get kicked out of surveys. Caucasian males are of no import to marketers anymore.
I second that. Another good way to not get kick out is agreeing to practically everything they ask, you have kids, you are planning on buying a car, you do all the shopping/financial/phone/insurance/etc decision in your household.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.