U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Correct. A couple years ago I got the largest, rarest Hyatt package about 20 minutes into the hour after many retries. You never know.
Just to clarify - when you say "correct" - you mean its just the points, without category restriction (even though T&C says otherwise)?
Old May 3, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Marriott

This is the first year I didn't get one or two Marriott gift cards by clicking and clicking after they all immediately went to other people's shopping carts.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by linsj
This is the first year I didn't get one or two Marriott gift cards by clicking and clicking after they all immediately went to other people's shopping carts.
that bites, I’m still undefeated on getting mr gift cards every year
Old May 4, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: Everything
I don't have problems grabbing offers that have inventories of at least 500. I set up at the website at 2 minutes prior and then just start refreshing like mad, when it's less than 1 minutes away. I have the computer's clock open in a small pop-up window so I can see the time approach the hour.

I was able to snag everything I wanted, except the Orbitz GC. However I did snag an Orbitz GC last year.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
I don't have problems grabbing offers that have inventories of at least 500. I set up at the website at 2 minutes prior and then just start refreshing like mad, when it's less than 1 minutes away. I have the computer's clock open in a small pop-up window so I can see the time approach the hour.

I was able to snag everything I wanted, except the Orbitz GC. However I did snag an Orbitz GC last year.
That's what I do! Never had a problem either, I mostly grab what we need also.
Old May 4, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
whose going after the hyatt points?
Old May 7, 2018, 8:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by schley
whose going after the hyatt points?
You are seeking to find out what are the kind of redemptions that are driving demand for the points from the people eager to buy Hyatt points?

Old May 7, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by GUWonder

You are seeking to find out what are the kind of redemptions that are driving demand for the points from the people eager to buy Hyatt points?

Nope...... more accurately "wondering" whose going after the hyatt points?
Old May 7, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley
Nope...... more accurately "wondering" whose going after the hyatt points?
Hyatt appeals to urban elites who don't want to slum it at cheaper properties so there will, again, be tons of demand for the Hyatt points and they will go instantaneously.

Of course, many savvy Flyertalkers have no interest whatsoever in these points because Hyatt points are, perhaps, the easiest to gin up for basically free with the right credit card. I would submit that the nearly endless office supply store gift card sales (both Office Depot and Staples have one this week) are making it easier than ever to pay nearly nothing for your Hyatt stays, if that's what you desire. Of course, it takes (perhaps) more effort than hitting a few keystrokes on your computer. Of course, hitting those keystrokes at exactly the right millisecond does require significant effort!
HeavenlyJane likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:08 pm

Managed to snag 2 of the 40k so happy about that. tried for more later after 1:15 but refreshed until got the sold out on the 24k and the 30k.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
Managed to snag 2 of the 40k so happy about that. tried for more later after 1:15 but refreshed until got the sold out on the 24k and the 30k.
Congrats. bot or human?
Brendan likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by lz80521
Congrats. bot or human?
humans, two LOL

eta:
I've never used a bot and we always get Hyatt every year, plus a ton of other stuff here at work.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
humans, two LOL

eta:
I've never used a bot and we always get Hyatt every year, plus a ton of other stuff here at work.
Well I recruited the Mrs. and we both held on until the all sold signs were posted. Guess I need to recruit more people to keep up with the Jonses, Miadukes, etc.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Macken7
Well I recruited the Mrs. and we both held on until the all sold signs were posted. Guess I need to recruit more people to keep up with the Jonses, Miadukes, etc.
Don't worry there was only 2 of us too. Just pure luck. Got one right at the start and then my coworker refreshed until I guess someone lost one but we managed. But yeah, the more the merrier LOL and I agree thats the trick is to keep refreshing until they actually say sold out.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Tried for Hyatt yesterday by continually refreshing and no luck even though I started right at 1PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.