U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
I got 2 of the $160, 2 of the $132 and 1 of the $90 so far, still trying for more
Got 4x total packages. Was hoping for the full 8x but I'll take it

Seriously surprised they went so quickly this year...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: Skymiles Platinum / Alaska MVP Gold 75K
I got 2 of the $160, 2 of the $132 and 1 of the $90 so far, still trying for more
i'm striking out on all fronts. just keep getting the inventory on hold box.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Just managed to snag another $90
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
All Choice sold out. Not surprised given there seem to have been fewer packages this year and the time counter may have even been less than before.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:25 am

Well i had another $90 but since i used the same card as th other two (it was for my b/f account) they denied it and I lost it, they all show sold out now.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:26 am

Well i had another $90 but since i used the same card as th other two (it was for my b/f account) they denied it and I lost it, they all show sold out now.
Ouch. I always have 4x cards queued up for this deal for just that reason. Rapid fire transactions at the same merchant always get flagged.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:28 am
Suspended

It's a maximum per program member account, but the same credit card number is what they seem to use (perhaps in addition to member program account) to limit the number of packages purchased. This isn't new, as it has been going on for some years now.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's a maximum per program member account, but the same credit card number is what they seem to use (perhaps in addition to member program account) to limit the number of packages purchased. This isn't new, as it has been going on for some years now.
Yeah I screwed up, I am at work and I have a client here and really screwed it up, no biggie tho. I got what I initially wanted and was just fishing for more. I remember I learned this last year and I just forgot.
I will hope that i remember next year! HAHAHAHAH

But yes you are right they do appear to go by credit card otherwise they would have allowed my transaction since the other $90 ones I bought each went to 2 different accounts.

I hope there is no problem with the onw I bought for my b/f as I put my name in the rush but his account number. I guess we will find out.

FUnny thing is I had 2 credit cards in front oe me.

Its ok I have to save some money for Hyatt!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mster
Ouch. I always have 4x cards queued up for this deal for just that reason. Rapid fire transactions at the same merchant always get flagged.
It's not rapid fire transactions that are the issue here. The issue is that the USTA/DG use the credit card account number to limit how many packages a given individual can get. The card-issuer is not the one flagging and stopping the transactions like this.

USTA/DG don't use the home address. They don't use the name. The credit card number and the loyalty program account numbers are used to enforce the limit on how many packages someone can buy.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:32 am

It's not rapid fire transactions that are the issue here. The issue is that they use the credit card account number to limit how many packages a given individual can get.

They don't use the home address. They don't use the name. They use the credit card number and the loyalty program account numbermto enforce the limit on how many packages someone can buy.
I dont think the loyalty number even matters otherwise mine would have gone through, I think its specifically the credit acard
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:34 am
Suspended

I dont think the loyalty number even matters otherwise mine would have gone through, I think its specifically the credit acard
The loyalty number matters after the fact. It's why some sold-out deals end up having some packages end up available even after they all showed as sold-out.

I've seen this happen.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:36 am

The loyalty number matters after the fact. It's why some sold-out deals end up having some packages end up available even after they all showed as sold-out.

I've seen this happen.
Thats a good point. I think last year some people got some after.

WellI don't take my chances like that I only buy the allotted amount but I screw up in the CC dept LOL
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by mster
Got 4x total packages. Was hoping for the full 8x but I'll take it

Seriously surprised they went so quickly this year...
How the heck did you guys manage that? 8 packages????? I got nada, zilch. I started at 1:00 pm sharp.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by DealAddict
How the heck did you guys manage that? 8 packages????? I got nada, zilch. I started at 1:00 pm sharp.
I literally had 3 screens and a coworker helping me out. Plus the official time on another screen.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:56 am

I literally had 3 screens and a coworker helping me out. Plus the official time on another screen.
Well, I was on 3 laptops as well. And my sister was helping me out (in another city!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.