FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   1250 Free Hilton Honors Points (sort of UK Only) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1822621-1250-free-hilton-honors-points-sort-uk-only.html)

InsideFlyer UK Feb 16, 2017 1:04 am

1250 Free Hilton Honors Points (sort of UK Only)

You can currently get 1250 free Hilton Honors points via e-Rewards, simply for signing up and taking 1 survey.

Some points to note here:

- You don't actually need to complete a survey to get the free points. Simply attempting a survey, even if you're screened out by the initial questions, will qualify you for the bonus points.

- You can get these free points even if you've already signed up for another e-Rewards account, you simply need to use a different email address.

- You'll need to provide a UK address, but given that the redemption is electronic, you can be imaginative if needed.

More details on InsideFlyer UK, but I haven't linked to the article as I think doing so is in breach of FT rules. The link above is the direct link to e-Rewards.

MileageAddict Feb 16, 2017 6:05 am

If you are new to e-rewards, keep in mind that if you decide to do this, you won't have an opportunity to complete a survey for the first 24-48 hours. Sign up, log out and check again in 2 days.

dburns Feb 16, 2017 6:26 am

Sounds like this is a quick and easy way for 1250 points -thanks!!!

Mrdeals805 Feb 16, 2017 11:16 am

Make account get your points and then remove from program?

bacchus85 Feb 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Seems to work for other countries as well.

I just switched the language to German (upper right corner) and it has the same offer.

Thanks for the advice!

MAXII Feb 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by InsideFlyer UK (Post 27916109)
You can currently get 1250 free Hilton Honors points via e-Rewards, simply for signing up and taking 1 survey.

Some points to note here:

- You don't actually need to complete a survey to get the free points. Simply attempting a survey, even if you're screened out by the initial questions, will qualify you for the bonus points.

- You can get these free points even if you've already signed up for another e-Rewards account, you simply need to use a different email address.

- You'll need to provide a UK address, but given that the redemption is electronic, you can be imaginative if needed.

More details on InsideFlyer UK, but I haven't linked to the article as I think doing so is in breach of FT rules. The link above is the direct link to e-Rewards.

Originally Posted by MileageAddict (Post 27916828)
If you are new to e-rewards, keep in mind that if you decide to do this, you won't have an opportunity to complete a survey for the first 24-48 hours. Sign up, log out and check again in 2 days.

You can select your country from the top right drop down box - the offer appears for Canadian addresses too.

Have signed up and awaiting a survey - at what point do I give my Hilton account info. for the points?

Thanks for posting this info.

Canarsie Feb 17, 2017 2:48 pm

You may link to the article in question as long as you completely disclose that you are associated with the Internet web site hosting the article; and that you add enough information on FlyerTalk that what you posted can stand on its own.

As per Rule 7 of FlyerTalk:

Linking To Content On Other Websites

FlyerTalk is here for the purpose of sharing meaningful information. Don't simply post a link by itself to another source, such as an article or blog. (See also, Rule 9 — Posting Copyrighted Material.) Posts containing such links should contain enough information so as to be contributive to FlyerTalk itself.

If linking to your own blog, to a blog on behalf of someone, or to a blog of which you are a periodic or regular contributor, you must identify that fact in your post and you must include enough content for the FlyerTalk post to stand on its own without following the link. Do not post repeatedly in a manner that has the effect or purpose of driving traffic to a blog or website.

Exceptions to this rule include:
  1. Linking to a travel program website page containing information relevant to the discussion (such as a ticketing rule or terms & conditions of a promotion being discussed in the thread);
  2. Linking to the websites of established news organizations or to company press releases with details of an ongoing news event (such as an airline or hotel incident). In such a case, merely providing the headline of the new item along with a link to it, without posting additional content, is allowable.
Posts that do not conform to these rules may be deleted and repetitive offenses may subject the poster to discipline.

Omnivore Feb 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Guess I'm doing my usual trick of living at Ibrox then.

akm Feb 19, 2017 10:42 am

Has anyone who signed up with a non-UK address received the bonus points so far? Do the bonus points post at the same time as the normal survey points? I used a US address while signing up and have done one survey (for which I did not eventually qualify but received a 50 cents credit), but do not see any bonus points in my account.

pgary Feb 19, 2017 3:36 pm

How do you know this?

Thanks.

:D! Feb 19, 2017 4:29 pm

You provide your Hilton account details when converting eRewards points to HH points. (You have to provide your Hilton password too. Just do it, don't complain. If you don't want to provide your password, then stop reading this thread and go somewhere else.)

It would seem that you can currently do this an infinite number of times, limited only by the number of email addresses you can think of (but perhaps you can just use the same email and add +1, +2, etc. if you know what I mean).

Usually, a Hilton account can only receive eRewards redemptions once every 90 days, but the eRewards website currently says that this restriction has been lifted "for a limited time". This seems to have started sometime in January.

I have 5 eRewards accounts (all active and opened many years ago). Normally the points go into different HH accounts, due to the 90 day limit I mentioned, but recently I managed to get points all into the same HH account.

Note that from April you will be able to combine points between Hilton accounts for free.

Originally Posted by akm (Post 27930178)
Has anyone who signed up with a non-UK address received the bonus points so far? Do the bonus points post at the same time as the normal survey points? I used a US address while signing up and have done one survey (for which I did not eventually qualify but received a 50 cents credit), but do not see any bonus points in my account.

No, you have to redeem them from eRewards into HH.

Originally Posted by Mrdeals805 (Post 27918173)
Make account get your points and then remove from program?

Well, you might as well delete the eRewards account if you can't be bothered to keep going. As I said, it looks like you can currently then sign up again and get another bonus into the same HH account. However, as I am not going to do this myself, I don't know at what point they may catch on and delete all your accounts / ban you for taking the piss.

akm Feb 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 27931349)

No, you have to redeem them from eRewards into HH.

Thanks. I understand that. However, my point was that I did not receive any e-rewards bonus after doing the first survey. I was wondering if anyone with a US address has direct knowledge of if/when the bonus points post.

bacchus85 Feb 21, 2017 2:39 am

So I just finished my first Survey - 5 minutes for 25 opinion points.

Then right after that I could enter my HHonors info and transfered the 1250 Bonus Points to my HHonors account. These Bonus Points appeared instantly, so it definitely works.

Thanks again!

MAXII Feb 21, 2017 7:35 am

Still waiting for my first survey, 3rd day😯

Wolfgang5150 Feb 23, 2017 8:08 am

did not work for me; said survey is not valid for the country you are located....(u.s.)