Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

"surprisingly awesome" podcast about Frequent Flyer Community and chasing status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"surprisingly awesome" podcast about Frequent Flyer Community and chasing status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

"surprisingly awesome" is a pretty cool podcast produced here in the US by Gimlet Media. I'm a big fan, every episode they pick a subject universally considered unappealing or boring and dissect it to show how awesome it is in actuality.
In March they did a whole episode about the frequent flyer community, chasing status and the pudding guy. Very interesting and I'm sure many of us can feel very close to the subject

https://gimletmedia.com/episode/8-frequent-flyer-miles/
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Question - who is still here, besides me, who attended the FlyerTalk get together in San Francisco attended by and celebrating Pudding Guy?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA, DL, EK, HH, SBUX, Global Entry
Originally Posted by hyperspace
"surprisingly awesome" is a pretty cool podcast produced here in the US by Gimlet Media. I'm a big fan, every episode they pick a subject universally considered unappealing or boring and dissect it to show how awesome it is in actuality.
In March they did a whole episode about the frequent flyer community, chasing status and the pudding guy. Very interesting and I'm sure many of us can feel very close to the subject

https://gimletmedia.com/episode/8-frequent-flyer-miles/
Thank you for sharing!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: Alaska,Aeroplan, Aegean, BA Executive
entertaining interview! I lol'd at the "y2k" reference
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
I thought the interview was good but the hosts seem to be pretentious blowhards that don't quite understand the value of obtaining status and basically mock anyone who does as irrational idiots. Not sure many here have that outlook?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sometimes I think that all these hundreds of different podcasts are done by the same half dozen or so people.

Last edited by yurtripper; Dec 31, 2016 at 2:46 pm Reason: fixed typo
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Excellent. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.