Let IHG Give You 1,000 Points for Your Birthday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let IHG Give You 1,000 Points for Your Birthday

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Thanks for reminding me. My birthday was last month and I didn't get anything either.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:45 am

My wife got an email saying she was registered for a birthday promotion worth 1,000 points, but then the points never actually posted.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My 1000 points posted roughly a month after my birthday.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
I got a mail that I have to stay for a weekend night to get the Birthday Bonus...YMMV
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:42 am

My birthday was yesterday, haven't received anything
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
My birthday's been in my profile for ages and I never got points for this. Funny, because I actually spent my birthday at a Crowne Plaza and even tweeted them saying "hey, it's my b-day, any chance you could get me some kind of welcome amenity?" and I had a basket of chips and other snacks waiting for me. So clearly the hotel itself knew it was my birthday because it got passed along the grapevine, but no points...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:07 pm

Update - Posted (1 month later).

Note - I still never received any. Wondering if that is because I've never actually paid to stay with IHG. Maybe this only hits actual customers that pay actual money from time to time.

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
My wife got an email saying she was registered for a birthday promotion worth 1,000 points, but then the points never actually posted.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Thanks for reminding me. My birthday was last month and I didn't get anything either.
I emailed IHG after not receiving any birthday points and was told that I had not registered "for the promotion". That struck me as strange as the OP suggested that all that was necessary was to add one's birthday to the profile, which I, of course, had done.

Usually IHG is quite responsive and generous with missing 500-point "welcome points", but not this time. I wondering whether I should appeal?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: Everything
I just sent a missing point request to IHG. My birthday was earlier this month. My husband got his birthday points as a post card in the mail that has a promo code on it. Nothing similar arrived on my birthday.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:19 pm

This is apparently a targeted promotion

I have been informed that the Birthday Gift - 1000 points promotion is only offered for selected IHG Rewards Club members, who receive an email, and are required to register.

Nevertheless, the IHG representative issued me an award of 500 points "to demonstrate their concern in this matter".

That's pretty good.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:46 pm

Not super surprising based on my experience. Wife has actually paid for rooms and get points, I've only redeemed rooms, but never paid. Wife gets BD points, I don;t. DP she received an email saying she registered, but there wasn't actually a way to register for anything.

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
I have been informed that the Birthday Gift - 1000 points promotion is only offered for selected IHG Rewards Club members, who receive an email, and are required to register.

Nevertheless, the IHG representative issued me an award of 500 points "to demonstrate their concern in this matter".

That's pretty good.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: M&M FF, Avios, Virgin, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
I also asked about the points using the missing points request form for my bday 18.06 and was told that it is for targeted customers only but they would give me 1000 anyway for the inconvenience! very happy about that!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: Everything
Results of my missing point inquiry. I was told I needed to have clinked on a link within a birthday email. When I told them that email arrived for my husband's birthday but not mine, they comp'd me 1000 points. They acted like they were making a huge exception for me but I really think there's a bug in their system and they know it.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
There is another thread on this topic on the IHG Forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ay-points.html

As I posted there recently...

I received birthday points earlier this year (for the first time, even though my DOB has been in my account details for longer). Was not notified through an email though, but via a message in the App. Clicked on the message / link, received an email later to say I had registered and the points posted 4 weeks later.
So if you have not received an email and have downloaded the App, check your App messages.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Offer showed up in the App on my birthday and points posted 6 days later. Wouldn't be surprised if I was just in the 'right spot' when their system did a weekly or monthly sweep for such things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.