Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This forum on "The Golden Girls"

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

This forum on "The Golden Girls"

I always think of FlyerTalk when, as they did tonight, they rerun that episode where Rose is dating Miles and Buzz and says, "Buzz, this is Miles. Miles, Buzz." How did the writers know 16 years ago to put those two names together?

Seth
Old May 5, 2016, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Randy was dating Bea Arthur.
Old May 6, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Randy was dating Bea Arthur.

God will get you for that
Old May 7, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sethweinstein
I always think of FlyerTalk when, as they did tonight, they rerun that episode where Rose is dating Miles and Buzz and says, "Buzz, this is Miles. Miles, Buzz." How did the writers know 16 years ago to put those two names together?

Seth
The MilesBuzz forum has existed (though for most of its life with an exclamation point at the end, ie "MilesBuzz!") since 1998, which is more than 16 years ago. Just go to the Last page of this forum and you'll see posts from back then.
Old May 7, 2016, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The MilesBuzz forum has existed (though for most of its life with an exclamation point at the end, ie "MilesBuzz!") since 1998, which is more than 16 years ago.
Thanks for this -- and I now realize I was wrong. The episode in question was actually aired on February 24, 1990 -- more than 26 years ago!

Seth
Old May 8, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So that brings up the question: Was this forum name chosen because someone had that exchange from that "Golden Girls" episode on their mind? Ie, could it be that it's not that this forum was "predicated" by the "The Golden Girls", but that this forum name was "inspired" by "The Golden Girls"?

I didn't start reading FlyerTalk until it was already established (circa 2000 or 2001 IIRC), so I don't know how the forum names were chosen.

Last edited by sdsearch; May 8, 2016 at 6:11 am
Old May 8, 2016, 9:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
MilesBuzz!, TravelBuzz!, DiningBuzz!, CommunityBuzz!

A fashionable naming convention reflecting the era in which FT started. See this list of 1990's slang terms for a few buzz derivatives:

http://www.inthe90s.com/generated/terms.shtml
Old May 9, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The MilesBuzz forum has existed (though for most of its life with an exclamation point at the end, ie "MilesBuzz!") since 1998, which is more than 16 years ago. Just go to the Last page of this forum and you'll see posts from back then.
Now I'm tempted to go bump some of those old threads...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.