Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Easy 700 AA Miles + Chance to win 350,000 AA Miles

Old May 4, 16, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver

Share your story about a past milestone trip or one you're looking forward to taking and you can earn up to 700 AAdvantage miles

https://www.aa.com/milesformilestones

Last edited by yoshapman; May 4, 16 at 9:24 am
Old May 4, 16, 10:41 am
formerly chrisbarnett01

Great link! Thanks.

It took me a few tries because the AA website would not load each time, but I finally got through the entire process including the tweet. Easy 700 miles. Hopefully 350,700 miles!
Old May 4, 16, 10:56 am

Thanks for the link! Simple process and it only takes a few minutes to complete.
Old May 4, 16, 1:56 pm

I shared the Facebook post, but did not receive a confirmation (when I initially made the post, I accidentally had spaces on the first hashtag; I edited it and then re-posted. They both appear in my timeline).

I assume that I'm ok. Just wanted to double-check and see what others' experience was posting to Facebook, whether you got some sort of confirmation.

Thanks!
Old May 4, 16, 5:51 pm

Programs: USairways, United, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by yoshapman View Post
Share your story about a past milestone trip or one you're looking forward to taking and you can earn up to 700 AAdvantage miles

https://www.aa.com/milesformilestones
I only got 350 miles ??? Did they change it.
Old May 4, 16, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just entered and shared the Facebook post on my wall. Judging by my newsfeed, plenty of other people I know are doing the same
Old May 4, 16, 11:22 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Thanks for the link. I tweeted and got a link to confirm my AA # like a minute later that said:
After verification that you have registered for the “Miles for Milestones” sweepstakes, your miles will be deposited into your account 6 to 8 weeks after this promotion ends.
Old May 5, 16, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by rmswift View Post
I only got 350 miles ??? Did they change it.
Its 350 for the Story and another 350 for sharing on FB/Twitter or by Mail..
Old May 5, 16, 10:49 am

Done. That was easy. Thanks for the heads up. Didn't realize you weren't forced to put something up on FB. I emailed mine and got an immediate confirmation.
Old May 11, 16, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Thanks, helps extend the miles expiration date.
Old May 12, 16, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by kaaria View Post
Thanks, helps extend the miles expiration date.
'Zactly. And why I'm waiting until June 1.

(Anyone think this is a bad idea?)
Old May 12, 16, 6:47 am
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by Firewind View Post
'Zactly. And why I'm waiting until June 1.

(Anyone think this is a bad idea?)
I understand your logic and you'll probably be fine. However, I always jump on any free points/miles offers immediately as I've seen many of them evaporate long before the originally posted expiration date.

A perfect example of this was an offer 2 weeks ago from Icelandair. Open a new account, receive 5,000 miles. I did this right away, offer disappeared a few hours later. Note - I had no interest in Icelandair miles but through Points.com I exchanged them for 889 jetBlue points.

Another offer that evaporated quickly was the AA/Cadillac 7,500 test drive offer last year.
Old May 12, 16, 7:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC, Avios, Alaska, SAS Eurobonus, DL Skymiles, IHG Priority, Best Western Rewards
Thanks to the OP for this one. An easy few miles is always good.
Old May 12, 16, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by MileageAddict View Post
I understand your logic and you'll probably be fine. However, I always jump on any free points/miles offers immediately as I've seen many of them evaporate long before the originally posted expiration date.

A perfect example of this was an offer 2 weeks ago from Icelandair. Open a new account, receive 5,000 miles. I did this right away, offer disappeared a few hours later. Note - I had no interest in Icelandair miles but through Points.com I exchanged them for 889 jetBlue points.

Another offer that evaporated quickly was the AA/Cadillac 7,500 test drive offer last year.
Wisdom. Thank you. And I remember the AA/Cadillac one in particular.
Old May 20, 16, 2:38 am

It's worth remembering you'll get a bonus 250 AA miles with e-Rewards too, when you sign up via this link and complete (which includes initiating and getting screened out of) just one survey.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of e-Rewards given the "effort to reward ratio", but some people love it (and indeed earn loads of points/miles from it) and there's no doubt that this bonus for just one survey makes it worthwhile.

My points landed with ease, FYI:

Name:  free_aadvantage_miles_2.jpg
Views: 4526
Size:  10.1 KB

If you're already a member of e-Rewards for another points/miles programme, just use another email address for this AAdvantage offer.

Search this Thread