Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit Rewards Deals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Spirit and Southwest
Spirit Rewards Deals

i was pricing flights this morning. Got approval from hubby at lunch and award priced increased this afternoon for ideal day. Should I book back up day at the lower cost or wait? Will they change reward level cost? Does it ever go back down?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
There is a forum here with a few Spirit fliers: look in the airline section for "Other North American programs" or something like that. Nobody really reads Milesbuzz anymore.

It's hard to say whether award rates will go back down once they've gone up. My rather limited Spirit experience is paid tickets. They are an airline that will drop fares close to departure to fill seats (I've bought a near-walk-up MCI-LAS fare for $16 all in before), but I don't know how it affects their award availability. The one time I accidentally clicked on "Miles" in a Spirit quote, it showed me 25,000 miles one-way. Mmmmkay, I think I'll just buy the $40 ticket.

Most people here, even those who occasionally fly Spirit for a crazy-cheap ticket, regard the rewards program as borderline worthless.

Added: link to that "Other programs" forum... When you get there, search on Spirit to filter things down a bit.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:05 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

As already stated, there is a specific forum for your question so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

MileageAddict

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.