Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Mega miles for $1 each subscriptions to Barrons and the Wall Street Journal

[EXPIRED] Mega miles for $1 each subscriptions to Barrons and the Wall Street Journal

Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:38 pm

Both WSJ and Barron's posted. 1&1 haven't been clawed back yet!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Both WSJ and Barron's posted. 1&1 haven't been clawed back yet!
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd 1&1 miles are gone!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:53 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Which contacts did you use?

I subscribed to both WSJ and Barrons on 2/10. No miles. I called the phone number for each. They said to contact the airlines. Contacted UAL shopping portal for Barrons and Alaska shopping portal for WSJ via their contact us pages online. No response yet except auto response saying they received my request.

I would most appreciate it if anyone who had any kind of positive response or success with these (pending, posted, or whatever) would post specifically which contact process you used.

Thanks.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: AA, BA, HH
AA miles posted - 2 subscriptions - same AA account - 2/11/16 purchase.

I can only find instructions to call WSJ to cancel. Anyone else have a different option and/or how was your experience canceling.

thanks.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: AA, BA, HH
........and I never called asking when or if my miles would post.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Four for four now, all have posted. Great deal! No auto renew issues, I used a rebate card to pay with, no funds on it now.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:17 am

I had an issue with receiving miles for the Barron's subscription, and I think it's because AA pulled the offer in mid-February. I emailed them via the aadvantageeshopping site under Contact Us. There's an online form to submit where you can check the box for "order inquiry/missing miles" and explain your purchase. I received an email response asking for my email from Barron's (which I no longer had) confirming my subscription purchase. I contacted Barron's and they sent me an email confirmation of my subscription, which I then forwarded on to AA. The miles appeared in my account by the end of the week, and AA sent me an email acknowledging that they received the proof and thanking me.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Just called Barron's to cancel and started getting interrogated by the CSR. Annoying. They clearly know why we are all canceling. Not that I care, but there it is. Also, I emailed AA via the portal and received a confirmation email saying they see the transaction on my account and will post the points soon. Said to write back if I don't see them in a few weeks. Not sure why some are getting quick posting and some not.

UPDATE: oops...right after I wrote that, I checked again. Points posted.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 7:13 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just checked my account. 2/11 purchase both WSJ and Barrons via AA. Both posted for 1300 each. I didn't send any emails or anything. Just happened. ^

Thanks again to the OP!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:50 am

Everyone in my family got the miles from WSJ, but still missing a lot from Barrons.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
How do we even tell whether the posting is from WSJ or Barron. I have one of them posted as below

"ASM ON-LINE PURCHASE MILES 2/11/16 1,300 0 1,300"

Thanks.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL, AC, CX, BA, AGR, IHG, HH, CC, UR, MR, TY
Finally received 1,300 AA miles, whew! That just took over 5 months.

About a week ago I received an e-mail from their copy/paste customer support person informing that they finally confirmed this purchase with WSJ.

This experience, however, is unlike my 1&1 one. In that case, the $12.99 value purchase (though discounted to $0 the first month with a promotional offer) wasn't qualified to earn the 800-1,900 frequent flyer miles they offered for signing up for what was essentially a zero dollar plan for just one (1) month. In this case "Support" had an unbeatable out to avoid crediting 1,900 AA miles. After I scheduled the plan to cancel after the first month (to avoid $12.99 / month charges), they simply claimed that:
Originally Posted by Pricila AAdvantage eShopping Customer Care
"The merchant's records indicate that the purchase was cancelled after rewards posted, and therefore the reward was reversed. Please note that program terms state that rewards can be removed for returns and cancellations with respect to qualifying purchases."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.