Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2016

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2016

Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
As far as I know, no program participating in DG has counted the points purchased through this promotion against their annual limit on purchasing points--that restriction seems limited to purchasing points through the program directly.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Oh thats great! Thanks for the answers, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and see what they are going to have.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: most of them
Last year there were lots and lots of the IHG point packages that were available even the next day. No need to refresh for half an hour like in years past. I think they had upped the price a bit which may have scared some folks off. It will be interesting to see what is offered this year.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by glennaa11
Last year there were lots and lots of the IHG point packages that were available even the next day. No need to refresh for half an hour like in years past. I think they had upped the price a bit which may have scared some folks off. It will be interesting to see what is offered this year.
How available where the Choice points packages? What are the odds I'd be able to get a couple?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by miadukes
How available where the Choice points packages? What are the odds I'd be able to get a couple?
I usually pick up to couple hundred thousands every year and have been successful. So its possible, but getting harder every year.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:23 am

Preview live now.https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/Calendar.aspx?week=1
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:37 am

Well I just calculated the IHG points and I can do almost the same on the 100% bonus they run sometimes during the year, so I may choose to not spend the money on those but really excited that Choice points is the first day.
So questions, these generally stay available until they sell out right? and they go live at 1pm, everything for that day at the same time?

I have never done this so trying to figure out. Also it says you can get 2 of same, can you get both at once or do you generally have to get one buy it and go back for another one?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Well I just calculated the IHG points and I can do almost the same on the 100% bonus they run sometimes during the year, so I may choose to not spend the money on those but really excited that Choice points is the first day.
So questions, these generally stay available until they sell out right? and they go live at 1pm, everything for that day at the same time?
Yes - though for the hot tickets items they often sell-out in under a minute (last year I clicked the Hyatt one at exactly 1pm and it was already gone).

Choice and IHG aren't as popular (I remember 2 years ago I bought an IHG one a month later when I needed a last minute hotel booking at CPH and it was cheaper to buy a package and book at Crowne Plaza CPH on points than it was to pay straight cash for it).

Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and the Expedia $1000 for $650 tend to be gone in an instant (and I don't see anything from the first three yet but am crossing my fingers they participate and I can grab at least a package from one of them).

Car rentals can be popular as well.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Yes - though for the hot tickets items they often sell-out in under a minute (last year I clicked the Hyatt one at exactly 1pm and it was already gone).

Choice and IHG aren't as popular (I remember 2 years ago I bought an IHG one a month later when I needed a last minute hotel booking at CPH and it was cheaper to buy a package and book at Crowne Plaza CPH on points than it was to pay straight cash for it).

Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and the Expedia $1000 for $650 tend to be gone in an instant (and I don't see anything from the first three yet but am crossing my fingers they participate and I can grab at least a package from one of them).

Car rentals can be popular as well.
Thanks for the info.

I am really just interested in Choice at this time and was looking at the wyndham cuz I can use it for a staycation for 150 not a bad deal. Im just hoping I can nab the Choice packages and I will be all set.

I guess I can look at Hyatt but I havent gotten past the first 2 weeks, I was calculating what I wanted to buy and plus I am at work sooooo....lol (how dare they keep interrupting my travel planning lol)

Time to keep moving on and let me see what else they have. ETA: argh, only the first two weeks are up, just noticed. Well for the moment I am happy with what is previewed.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Thanks for the info.

I am really just interested in Choice at this time and was looking at the wyndham cuz I can use it for a staycation for 150 not a bad deal. Im just hoping I can nab the Choice packages and I will be all set.

I guess I can look at Hyatt but I havent gotten past the first 2 weeks, I was calculating what I wanted to buy and plus I am at work sooooo....lol (how dare they keep interrupting my travel planning lol)

Time to keep moving on and let me see what else they have. ETA: argh, only the first two weeks are up, just noticed. Well for the moment I am happy with what is previewed.
So far the preview is showing the same things as the past few years, so looks like all the usual will be available
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:09 am

the choice points...are they for a stay,or just a set number of points to buy?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by hsmama
It looks like a set number of points is deposited in your account.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hsmama
Points. Just click on the offer to see how many, for example: https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/O...9-d5aefaf233e9
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:46 pm

Can the Choice points only be used in the US? Planning a trip to europe next year, definitely some good deals in europe if I can grab those points and use over there. Anyone have any past experience?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by ramlax13
Can the Choice points only be used in the US? Planning a trip to europe next year, definitely some good deals in europe if I can grab those points and use over there. Anyone have any past experience?
They can be used anywhere including Luxury "Preferred Group Properties", which can be an outstanding value!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.