FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Questions on how FF programs deem value for reimbursement (cross programs) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1733721-questions-how-ff-programs-deem-value-reimbursement-cross-programs.html)

onlysuites Dec 23, 2015 3:20 am

Questions on how FF programs deem value for reimbursement (cross programs)

Got a few questions which hopefully someone can clarify

1. If I take a QR flight which is booked through QR but credit to BA does QR pay BA to deposit miles into my account? What does BA make from giving me the miles when I haven't paid them anything?

2. If I book a reward seat on QR through BA miles what do BA pay to QR for this? Is it a set amount of a fare or do they in return get seats to sell on BA flights?

nux Dec 24, 2015 5:15 am

Alliance/partner carriers have agreements with each other for remuneration for mileage and awards.

1. QR 'buys' avios from BA, BA credits them to you.
2. BA pays QR an agreed amount.

Yoshi212 Dec 24, 2015 8:59 pm

I do not believe the actual cost and paid prices of "miles" are known in any public way.

When you pay QR for a flight and credit to BA's program QR credits your account from a bank of bulk purchased (This is also the way airline associated credit card companies do it) miles and BA puts those miles into your account hoping you redeem them poorly or they expire.

When you use BA Avios to book a QR flight BA pays them in a prearranged way & amount for the flight.

beckoa Dec 25, 2015 3:55 pm

As this involves several programs and is not specific to the Information Desk, we'll relocate this thread.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

RFDMinnesota Dec 25, 2015 11:51 pm

This certainly doesn't belong in the external miles and points side of the house...

onlysuites Dec 26, 2015 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 (Post 25914037)
I do not believe the actual cost and paid prices of "miles" are known in any public way.

When you pay QR for a flight and credit to BA's program QR credits your account from a bank of bulk purchased (This is always the way airline associated credit card companies do it) miles and BA puts those miles into your account hoping you redeem them poorly or they expire.

When you use BA Avios to book a QR flight BA pays them in a prearranged way & amount for the flight.

Originally Posted by nux (Post 25911395)
Alliance/partner carriers have agreements with each other for remuneration for mileage and awards.

1. QR 'buys' avios from BA, BA credits them to you.
2. BA pays QR an agreed amount.

Cheers

oliver2002 Dec 27, 2015 3:04 am

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota (Post 25916917)
This certainly doesn't belong in the external miles and points side of the house...

Yep, its the holiday season...:o

Moved it to Milesbuzz!

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum

oliver2002 Dec 27, 2015 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 (Post 25914037)

When you pay QR for a flight and credit to BA's program QR credits your account from a bank of bulk purchased (This is also the way airline associated credit card companies do it) miles and BA puts those miles into your account hoping you redeem them poorly or they expire.

Not really. If you are part of an alliance, there is a mechanism to credit redemptions and accruals, be it for awards, lounge vists etc. Periodically the tallies are reviewed, and if one partner draws more than they give into the pot or a particular partner, the balance is set to zero by paying cash.

onlysuites Dec 28, 2015 12:38 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 25920453)
Yep, its the holiday season...:o

Moved it to Milesbuzz!

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum

Didn't I start the thread of in there?

oliver2002 Dec 29, 2015 9:53 am

it went to information desk, em&pr and back ;)

onlysuites Dec 30, 2015 12:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 25930565)
it went to information desk, em&pr and back ;)

Do I get some extra post counts for the additional segments? ;)

lin821 Dec 30, 2015 1:46 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 25934129)
Do I get some extra post counts for the additional segments? ;)

You did. Post#9 and Post#11 earned you 2 more count. :p:D

onlysuites Dec 30, 2015 1:48 am

Originally Posted by lin821 (Post 25934327)
You did. Post#9 and Post#11 earned you 2 more count. :p:D

Haha :D ^