Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

any good deal to buy airlines miles or hotel points recently?

Old Oct 13, 15, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS Marriott Titanium HSBC INFINITE

pity I missed the Lifemiles 150% good deal (i remember in 2013, lifemiles offer 200% great deal?)
Old Oct 17, 15, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Depends on how you define "good deal" in this context. There seem to be more and more bonus offers out there these days but they are rarely a good deal IMO.
Old Oct 21, 15, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
If an airline is ever offering a "100% bonus", then it becomes an adequate (not great) deal.

Hotel points deals are often better, if you need them to immediately redeem a room. They tend to sell closer to what most people can get out of them. I recently bought 6,000 IHG for just over 1 cent per point and immediately redeemed them (plus 4,000 that were already in my account) for a 2.5 cent/point award. Getting that much requires both a Pointstretcher award and a hotel with somewhat high revenue rates, so it's not something I run across every day.
Old Oct 23, 15, 3:41 pm

I did some research on the United 80% bonus ending today and it would actually make sense to buy the miles in some cases, like business class flights that normally cost $4000+ when the maximum points can cover that in award tickets, since 144k miles ends up being $3010. Still, that means basically paying for the fare over getting points from credit card bonuses for basically free. Maybe if someone was going to purchase the ticket anyway? I decided to skip on the 80% bonus.

Search this Thread