Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best mileage earning portal for Louis Vuitton?

Best mileage earning portal for Louis Vuitton?

Old Sep 29, 15, 9:59 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 43
Best mileage earning portal for Louis Vuitton?

Hi,

I want to buy a LV bag for my wife. Does anyone know which website would get me the most miles?

Thanks!
gauravpgupta is offline  
Old Sep 30, 15, 6:01 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Posts: 3,275
Best mileage earning portal for Louis Vuitton?

Probably not going to find anything good for LV exactly (i believe) but try to find what you're looking for Bloomingdales, for example, generally they have good earn rates. Shop around, use cashbackmonitor.com
Mauibaby2008 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 15, 10:27 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: AA Plat/2MM, UA Silver, Marr LTTitanium, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Posts: 765
Or this:

http://www.evreward.com


I usually shop around various retailer sites to find the best price, and once I've selected where I'm buying from, use evreward to find the shopping portal that gets me the most miles.
bosman is offline  
Old Sep 30, 15, 11:48 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Programs: All of them
Posts: 976
Originally Posted by gauravpgupta View Post
Hi,

I want to buy a LV bag for my wife. Does anyone know which website would get me the most miles?

Thanks!
Just give me the money, I'll transfer 20k united miles to your account and go buy same bag in NYC for $50...about what it's worth.
littlewinglet is online now  
Old Sep 30, 15, 3:43 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Programs: DL, MR, SPG, UR, HH, UA, LUV
Posts: 17
Saks 5th Avenue currently has a promotion where you get a $700 Saks gift card if you spend $3000. Today is the last day online and then the promo switches to in store purchases until 10/3. Who wouldn't want a LV with a gift card tucked inside?
LadyNOLA is offline  
Old Sep 30, 15, 4:20 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SEA
Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
Posts: 98
I don't think any of the major department stores can sell LV through their web sites so credit card rewards are probably all you're going to get with purchase.
manderwa is offline  
Old Oct 6, 15, 11:05 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Posts: 5,411
Buy the Bag, Chenille or LV, at Saks,

Apply for a Saks card get 10% off your purchase,pay it off with your SERVE CARD, loaded with SMGC...

Wife a 3 of her friend all bought new bags same day same CC, , and they sent us the extra gift card..
satman40 is offline  
Old Oct 9, 15, 4:09 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,384
What I did was buy Saks gift cards when AA shopping portal had it at 15x, then walk into Saks to buy it from the LV boutique in the Saks store.
DaveInLA is offline  
Old Nov 6, 15, 5:15 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
What I did was buy Saks gift cards when AA shopping portal had it at 15x, then walk into Saks to buy it from the LV boutique in the Saks store.
You received the points for a gift card purchase on the portal
Ccyates74 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 15, 10:13 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,384
Originally Posted by Ccyates74 View Post
You received the points for a gift card purchase on the portal
I've received points for about 5-6 gift card purchases in the past year, but did NOT in my last transaction-- however, I had foolishly turned on some pop-up blocker or some other security measures while using the portal.

Check out Frequentmiler's Laboratory (google it) for data points.
DaveInLA is offline  
Old Nov 12, 15, 5:21 pm
  #11  
Moderator: Information Desk, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Programs: AA Gold
Posts: 12,256
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
Probably not going to find anything good for LV exactly (i believe) but try to find what you're looking for Bloomingdales, for example, generally they have good earn rates. Shop around, use cashbackmonitor.com
Another vote for cashbackmonitor.com. I don't buy anything online without checking there first.
chgoeditor is offline  
Old Nov 15, 15, 5:05 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,581
Canal Street NYC and buy your next First Class plane ticket with remaining cash.
Centurion is offline  
Old Dec 27, 15, 9:35 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
I've received points for about 5-6 gift card purchases in the past year, but did NOT in my last transaction-- however, I had foolishly turned on some pop-up blocker or some other security measures while using the portal.

Check out Frequentmiler's Laboratory (google it) for data points.
I think Saks's GC stop giving miles or cashback through portals based on multiple datapoints, including mine, rather sadly. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd be very glad to be wrong.
parioneti is offline  
Old Dec 27, 15, 9:42 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Posts: 5,411
Apply for a Saks CC and get 10% your first perchase, wife had 3 friends they all bought LVs, wrote me a check, and we paid Saks off with SMGC.

Next year she will want a Chanel bag, been there..
satman40 is offline  
Old Dec 28, 15, 9:42 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,384
Originally Posted by satman40 View Post
Apply for a Saks CC and get 10% your first perchase, wife had 3 friends they all bought LVs, wrote me a check, and we paid Saks off with SMGC.

Next year she will want a Chanel bag, been there..
The LV boutique inside the Saks was charged as a Saks purchase?

In any case, even at $3K, 10% cash back is just $300. I expect more than that for a credit pull. Your case was unique because you bought multiple purses so you got more cash back.
DaveInLA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread