FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1705324-earn-marriott-rewards-points-tweeting-posting-instagram.html)

TanyaW118 Aug 25, 2015 11:12 am

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Right now you can earn up to 125 points per day by Tweeting or posting to Instagram with #Mrpoints #StayDC. Just post something you love about the city, or a photo, and you will earn the points. The first time through you have to register (if you haven't already) but after that it just gives you points each time. You will also get points just for registering. You can do that at https://mrpoints.chirpify.com/mrpoints/register

You can also do this with #StayBaltimore #Mrpoints, if you like that city better. ;)

MightyTravels Aug 25, 2015 5:55 pm

Interesting! But the landing page only shows 25 points per tweet...

luv2ctheworld Aug 25, 2015 6:48 pm

Seems to be vague on the T&C's...

Is there a maximum amount of points that can be earned through the end of the promotion?

FAQ's here:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.chirp...nts+FAQ_v2.pdf

MileageAddict Aug 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Registration points post instantly. ^

SDBK Aug 26, 2015 12:31 am

Originally Posted by MightyTravels (Post 25327884)
Interesting! But the landing page only shows 25 points per tweet...

25x5 tweets= 125 pts

virtuo0 Aug 26, 2015 7:19 am

50 instant points (25 + 25) for registering and following. Thank you OP.

MileageAddict Aug 26, 2015 7:51 am

Originally Posted by virtuo0 (Post 25329904)
50 instant points (25 + 25) for registering and following. Thank you OP.

You're half way there as you can earn 100 points effortlessly.

08/25/15 Bonus INSTAGRAM - MARRIOTT REWARDS 25 points
08/25/15 Bonus TWITTER - MARRIOTT REWARDS 25 points

virtuo0 Aug 26, 2015 9:02 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict (Post 25330033)
You're half way there as you can earn 100 points effortlessly.

Thank you.

Wolfgang5150 Aug 27, 2015 7:37 am

Kind of confused by this promo. Do you have to tweet about StayDC every day? or is it a different city every day?

erikjwest Aug 27, 2015 9:00 am

Thank you for posing this. I signed up and received immediate confirmation of 175 points. 5x25 for posting and 2x25 for registering my Twitter and Instagram accounts.

Similar to the Social Rewards program I use for Caesar's properties in Las Vegas. As is the case with Total Reward points, this promotion will also extend your 24 month expiration date each time you receive points from this promotion.

SkyTeam777 Aug 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by erikjwest (Post 25335882)
Thank you for posing this. I signed up and received immediate confirmation of 175 points. 5x25 for posting and 2x25 for registering my Twitter and Instagram accounts.

Similar to the Social Rewards program I use for Caesar's properties in Las Vegas. As is the case with Total Reward points, this promotion will also extend your 24 month expiration date each time you receive points from this promotion.

Terms are so vague as it says nothing to about DC or Baltimore or that the cities will change. How do you know what cities? Do you have to be in that area or feature one of their hotels? Does the post have to be about those cities or just have those hashtags? How long does the promotion last? When do the cities change? Not sure why they leave out the most important details!

firrainbow Aug 28, 2015 3:14 pm

I tried yesterday and today. Twittering some random words(like morning!)+ hashtags works fine. I got the points right after my twitters. I think only #Mrpoints #StayDC and #StayBaltimore #Mrpoints is working fine. You don't need to be in that area. Just twitter it! Hope this promo is lasting for a longer time.

This reminds me something before called "Plus Points" and it only lasts in good earning shape for one month....:td:

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 25343937)
Terms are so vague as it says nothing to about DC or Baltimore or that the cities will change. How do you know what cities? Do you have to be in that area or feature one of their hotels? Does the post have to be about those cities or just have those hashtags? How long does the promotion last? When do the cities change? Not sure why they leave out the most important details!

boulderlaw Aug 31, 2015 10:20 am

Apologies—we weren’t able to award points for your recent follow.

Please visit the #MRpoints FAQ page to see why.

Thanks,

Your #MRpoints Team

rownada Aug 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Can #stayDC and #StayBaltimore tweets be over done? I really want the points and willing to do 5 tweets EACH per day but don't want to have my Marriott account shut down

BaliParis Sep 1, 2015 6:56 am

I didn't receive any points today for tweets #StayDC #Mrpoints and #StayBaltimore #Mrpoints. Is it over? Anyone else?

firrainbow Sep 1, 2015 7:25 am

I only received one time 25 points today. Not sure what happened. Maybe the system is just slow or down...

Originally Posted by BaliParis (Post 25360437)
I didn't receive any points today for tweets #StayDC #Mrpoints and #StayBaltimore #Mrpoints. Is it over? Anyone else?

Wolfgang5150 Sep 1, 2015 8:55 am

Originally Posted by BaliParis (Post 25360437)

Me neither; not sure. This promo has been very odd so far, although the points posted instantly, which was nice....

FLYGVA Sep 1, 2015 1:13 pm

@MarriottRewards tweeted that the campaign has ended today.

(Edited to add: sorry to be not clear, only #StayDC ended)

BaliParis Sep 1, 2015 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by FLYGVA (Post 25362368)
@MarriottRewards tweeted that the campaign has ended today.

Thanks! I wonder if they will have a new campaign.

466SHH Sep 1, 2015 4:21 pm

Easy 400 points for me. And more importantly, topped my account off so I am now a bit over the amount I needed for a redemption.

Father-of-3 Sep 1, 2015 6:40 pm

I managed to sign up and get three 25 point credits today. This might not be dead yet.

marion10 Sep 1, 2015 8:49 pm

Did 5 tweets last night and the points showed up this morning. Just did 5 more Stay DC - we'll see tomorrow.

kaul Sep 1, 2015 9:58 pm

Just signed up. Received 100 points. 25 each for signing up on Instagram and Twitter. And another 25 for following MRPoints. No points for any hashtag postings yet.

Jack Burton Sep 1, 2015 10:50 pm

The #StayDC Campaign ended on 8/31, while #StayBaltimore is still working on 9/1. I assume a new tag and campaign will be starting soon, no?

FLYGVA Sep 1, 2015 11:58 pm

Sorry to be not clear. Indeed, only #StayDC ended, #StayBaltimore is currently still working.

I have edited my post above

chckast Sep 2, 2015 1:40 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA (Post 25364870)
Sorry to be not clear. Indeed, only #StayDC ended, #StayBaltimore is currently still working.

I have edited my post above

seems like #StayBaltimore is also dead today, cant get any points

firrainbow Sep 2, 2015 9:01 am

I tried both #StayBaltimore and #StayDC. No rewards at all....Hope they can have another one soon. Need 600 points for another reward night...

Jack Burton Sep 2, 2015 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Jack Burton (Post 25364736)
The #StayDC Campaign ended on 8/31, while #StayBaltimore is still working on 9/1. I assume a new tag and campaign will be starting soon, no?

It seems that #StayBaltimore may also be dead now. My last twitter post that was credited was on 9/1 at 7pm EDT, with the points posting moments later.

Two posts today did not result in any points.

FLYGVA Sep 2, 2015 11:19 am

I did get points this morning, but than this was 05:58 am GMT, which means yesterday on most (though not all) timezones in the US

MarriottRewards
6:50pm via Twitter Web Client [added by fly FLYGVA which is 18:50 CEST = 16:50 GMT]

@nilesbush the #mrpoints #staybaltimore campaign is still running. Send us a DM with your rewards # and we'll look into missing points. Thx!
P.S. I am not Nilebush, this is a random quote from the timeline.

466SHH Sep 2, 2015 12:13 pm

I got two today on #StayBaltimore, with confirming emails. And two that did not (no emails either).

Not sure what's going on.

boulderlaw Sep 2, 2015 4:34 pm

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards.

In order to participate in the #MRpoints program, you account must be listed as a Marriott Rewards member account. Ritz-Carlton Rewards members are not eligible for this promotion.

Our records indicate your account is set as a Ritz-Carlton Rewards member account. This will need to be changed if you would like to register.

YYZess Sep 2, 2015 7:11 pm

Reply from Marriott Rewards regarding #StayBaltimore campaign:

With regard to the earning activity, #StayBaltimore has a different point limit than #StayDC. The #StayDC team wanted to allow 5 posts to be awarded per day, whereas the #StayBaltimore promotion allows for 5 successful transactions for the lifetime of the campaign.

We've confirmed you've made five successful transactions with regard to #StayBaltimore, and hope this helps provide clarity.

466SHH Sep 2, 2015 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by YYZess (Post 25369330)
Reply from Marriott Rewards regarding #StayBaltimore campaign:

With regard to the earning activity, #StayBaltimore has a different point limit than #StayDC. The #StayDC team wanted to allow 5 posts to be awarded per day, whereas the #StayBaltimore promotion allows for 5 successful transactions for the lifetime of the campaign.

We've confirmed you've made five successful transactions with regard to #StayBaltimore, and hope this helps provide clarity.

Well that explains my problem....

Father-of-3 Sep 3, 2015 3:01 pm

Is this dead now?

SkyTeam777 Sep 4, 2015 12:12 am

Im not getting points anymore either.

MileageAddict Sep 4, 2015 4:26 am

I had no problem getting the original sign up points but have not had any Twitter or Instagram points post. I'm not wasting any more time with this promo. :td:

marion10 Sep 4, 2015 8:31 pm

Did two #stayBaltimore's last night and they posted this morning.

SkyTeam777 Sep 6, 2015 1:26 am

Nothing is posting for me anymore, Ive maxed out the five #StayBaltimore posts, and now nothing for #StayDC either.

Cargojon Sep 6, 2015 9:58 pm

I tried #MRpoints and we'll see if anything posts tomorrow.

craigthemif Sep 7, 2015 4:33 pm

Seems to be a limit of 5 StayBaltimore tweets.

Searching #mrpoints on twitter comes up with a few people trying the 2014 version (autograph, renaissance, lovemarriottrewards, etc.) but I've not received any additional points that way.