FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DAS02135
Print Wikipost

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Heck of a delay!

This continues to be the promo of the year. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up.
I'd hit the "like" button but I don't have it on my FT for some reason.😆
Ismilee likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I keep thinking I'm going to wake up.
And when you do, it will be in a Marriott hotel bed
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
this is really surprise. As some one said it earlier in the thread, it became routine for me to post it daily. Today I was in for a surprise. Thank you Marriott Rewards.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:00 am

anyone know if the 50 a day will be returning soon?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:00 pm

Unhappy Advice please

I only tweet for free points, so may have done something wrong. I previously linked Marriott and Twitter. Last night before the deadline, I sent the tweet "53 #RewardsPoints ", but I have not received the points. I just realized that I use a fake name on my twitter account. Is that the likely reason I didn't get the points?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by elabut
I only tweet for free points, so may have done something wrong. I previously linked Marriott and Twitter. Last night before the deadline, I sent the tweet "53 #RewardsPoints ", but I have not received the points. I just realized that I use a fake name on my twitter account. Is that the likely reason I didn't get the points?
As long as your accounts are connected and you replied to their tweet before the deadline with

@marriottRewards @nfl
53 #RewardsPoints

...you should have had the points. Ask them on Twitter and give them the link to your tweet.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:22 pm

As long as your accounts are connected and you replied to their tweet before the deadline with

@marriottRewards @nfl
53 #RewardsPoints

...you should have had the points. Ask them on Twitter and give them the link to your tweet.
Thanks. Looks like I don't know how to properly tweet. I left out the @...
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by elabut
Thanks. Looks like I don't know how to properly tweet. I left out the @...
As long as you replied to Marriott's 'question' tweet (which will add the @ automatically) you should have the points. If you created a brand new tweet on your timeline, with just 53 and #RewardsPoints , you won't get the points.

Last edited by goldencondor; Oct 9, 2017 at 3:55 pm Reason: error
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
The @nfl isn't necessary.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:36 am
Community Director Emerita

I tweeted on Sunday, didn't get the points, and retweeted yesterday. I got two tweets back from MarriottRewards, assuring me that I would get the points. Indeed they are in my account today.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
The @NFL isn't necessary.
Can't see how it could be bad. NFL, somewhat under siege, maybe they get a positive vibe from all these point-seeking tweeters and will re-up for another promo in the future. Can't hurt. Not at all.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Can't see how it could be bad. NFL, somewhat under siege, maybe they get a positive vibe from all these point-seeking tweeters and will re-up for another promo in the future. Can't hurt. Not at all.
my confirmation tweet from sunday says "thanks, come back next week!" so maybe they're not done with this promo after all?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
my confirmation tweet from sunday says "thanks, come back next week!" so maybe they're not done with this promo after all?
Maybe this will replace the 50-point tweets for awhile...1000 pts every Sunday would be great!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:31 pm

As long as you replied to Marriott's 'question' tweet (which will add the @ automatically) you should have the points. If you created a brand new tweet on your timeline, with just 53 and #RewardsPoints , you won't get the points.
Thank you! I did get the 1000 points! Just very delayed compared to others
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:07 am

Anybody seen anything on twitter if NFL promo is on tonight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.