Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DAS02135
Print Wikipost

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
I was excited to have my 1,000 points post today. I tweeted early during the promotion on Sunday and got nothing til now, had just about given up hope!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:35 pm

@MarriottRewards
Sorry, this #rewardspoints promotion has come to an end. Stay tuned for new ways to earn:
Gone for now?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by panka
I got the 1000 points, and deleted the tweet afterwards. Did I make a mistake?
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I got my 1,000 on Sunday and did not delete.

My sister retweeted mine and she didnt get the extra 1000 either.
I'm trying to see a pattern as to why some got them and some didn't. Marriott retroactively gave another 1000 points to some people - for which they would have had to run some kind of sweep on Twitter - but if you deleted your tweet it wouldn't have been picked up. Not sure why YoungBubbie wouldn't, though.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
I'm trying to see a pattern as to why some got them and some didn't. Marriott retroactively gave another 1000 points to some people - for which they would have had to run some kind of sweep on Twitter - but if you deleted your tweet it wouldn't have been picked up. Not sure why YoungBubbie wouldn't, though.
I got mine immediately on Sunday after I retweeted someone as opposed to others haviing a delay in points posting.
Any correlation?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Today got an email from mr-points.com saying no points was awarded, when I check Twitter, there was a reply from Marriott:
Sorry, this #rewardspoints promotion has come to an end. Stay tuned for new ways to earn
Am I the only one?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:40 am

I got mine immediately on Sunday after I retweeted someone as opposed to others haviing a delay in points posting.
Any correlation?
My wife and I both got 1,000 points on Sunday. Neither of us deleted our tweets. Neither of us got the extra 1,000 yesterday. We were early and there was a delay so we tried both retweeting and creating our own new tweets.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:42 am

Any correlation?
It depends how Marriott worked out who would get the 1000 and who wouldn't.
Is the original tweet you tweeted still there? What time was it tweeted (and retweeted?)

I suppose it doesn't matter really as you've got the points now.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by goldencondor
I think there was a glitch where if you tweeted during a certain time frame on Sunday you did not get credit the first time. I believe this is what happened to me. Marriott figured it out and retroactively credited people whose tweets had a time stamp in that range. Again, this fits with my experience: nothing on Sunday, 1,000 on Wednesday. My theory is that the people who got the extra 1,000 were people who figured out on Sunday that they hadn't been credited and tweeted multiple times, eventually triggering the auto credit. They then had their (uncredited) tweet caught in the retroactive sweep and got another 1,000. Marriott may have tried to filter out those who had already received credit but did this manually (haphazardly and imperfectly), so some lucked out.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:36 am

So for the people who did get the extra 1k pts, be mindful that they may deduct those points!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by viracocha
Gone for now?
Got this email:

"Hi (kerrigjl),
Apologies we werent able to award points for your recent post. Here are the most common reasons why this might have happened:

Your Marriott Rewards account is configured to earn miles instead of points. Please change this in your Marriott Rewards account settings.
You have reached the annual maximum of 2,000 points earned through #MRpoints. You can earn points through #MRpoints again starting next year.
Your Marriott Rewards account may no longer be active. Please contact Marriott Rewards Customer Care to resolve the issue.

Please visit #MRpoints FAQs for more information.
Thank you,

Your #MRpoints Team"
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
Got this email:

"Hi (kerrigjl),
Apologies we werent able to award points for your recent post. Here are the most common reasons why this might have happened:

Your Marriott Rewards account is configured to earn miles instead of points. Please change this in your Marriott Rewards account settings.
You have reached the annual maximum of 2,000 points earned through #MRpoints. You can earn points through #MRpoints again starting next year.
Your Marriott Rewards account may no longer be active. Please contact Marriott Rewards Customer Care to resolve the issue.

Please visit #MRpoints FAQs for more information.
Thank you,

Your #MRpoints Team"
I was just about to post the same email.
max 2,000 points/ year is not what their promotion promised.

Or is #rewardspoints different than #mrpoints ?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by panka
I was just about to post the same email.
max 2,000 points/ year is not what their promotion promised.

Or is #rewardspoints different than #mrpoints ?
Sounds like an outdated automated email.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:03 am

I got the same email as well. Have not been getting the 50 points since Sunday.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:08 am

I also got this email today after tweeting today?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
The max cannot be 2000 points per year, as I have earned over 2000 just recently because of the NFL sunday promotions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.