Reload this Page >

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DAS02135
Print Wikipost

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:58 am

Interesting reply from Marriott Rewards to tweets about the now closed 1k promo:
Sorry, this promotion has ended. Come back next Sunday from 1-8 p.m. EDT for another chance to score #RewardsPoints.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:37 am

Party Over?

Nothing today for me before and after the 24 hr mark. 🙁
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:57 am

It's funny how many people are still tweeting '360 feet' And they're not automated accounts either!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Looks like my 1000 points did eventually post, though I got no email or notification. No 50 points for me either today.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:00 pm

Same here, no 50 pts on both accounts!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Interesting reply from Marriott Rewards to tweets about the now closed 1k promo:
Sorry, this promotion has ended. Come back next Sunday from 1-8 p.m. EDT for another chance to score #RewardsPoints .
I looked closely at those replies. @marriottRewards is only tweeting it to people who are still saying '360 feet' as the answer to the question from ten days ago. The Marriott responses are automated.

However if you look at any tweets including @marriottrewards 1920 #RewardsPoints ', replying to yesterday's promo (and there have been 20 in the last hour alone) you can see that Marriott hasn't replied to them at all.

So the Marriott tweet saying 'come back next Sunday' is referring to yesterday. They should switch it off as it's misleading. That's it for the bonus 1000 giveaways, methinks.

Besides, I can't imagine they'd do a third promo giving away millions of points. I was staggered they did a second tbh.

Sad that it's come to an end. We cannot complain, can we? We've all got stacks of points for NOTHING!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by goldencondor
I looked closely at those replies. @marriottRewards is only tweeting it to people who are still saying '360 feet' as the answer to the question from ten days ago. The Marriott responses are automated.

However if you look at any tweets including @marriottrewards 1920 #RewardsPoints ', replying to yesterday's promo (and there have been 20 in the last hour alone) you can see that Marriott hasn't replied to them at all.

So the Marriott tweet saying 'come back next Sunday' is referring to yesterday. They should switch it off as it's misleading. That's it for the bonus 1000 giveaways, methinks.

Besides, I can't imagine they'd do a third promo giving away millions of points. I was staggered they did a second tbh.

Sad that it's come to an end. We cannot complain, can we? We've all got stacks of points for NOTHING!
How should we get the tens of thousands of points then?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by panka
How should we get the tens of thousands of points then?
Good question. .̶ M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶?̶

*edit* Sorry, it's for social media, so you do have to get the points that way.

ThePointsGuy's article from August says 'Marriott said it will be launching three to four campaigns per month'. So perhaps there'll be a different promo next month?

I just don't think it will be for 1000, though.

Last edited by goldencondor; Sep 25, 2017 at 3:59 pm
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Nothing today for me before and after the 24 hr mark. ��
Same here. My first tweet was on time before 8 pm close yesterday, then followed up, got nothing.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Am I the only one expecting this promo to actually last the entire NFL season? It seems to me that's what the NFL would have signed on for, and they're potentially paying Marriott a sponsorship fee for the points
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:03 pm

I haven't gotten the 50 points for #MembersGetIt @marriottRewards in a week.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:49 am

Has anyone got the usual 50 x pts yesterday or today? If so, what hash tag did you use.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Has anyone got the usual 50 x pts yesterday or today? If so, what hash tag did you use.
Not me. Looks like it’s over and have to wait for the next campaign.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by LizGross144
Am I the only one expecting this promo to actually last the entire NFL season?
Well if you look at your Twitter notification you'll see they say "come back next week". Same message the past two weeks.

I would expect all season until they say that's it.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:31 pm

Is there a way of looking at the metadata attached to a tweet? In other words, is there some way they can auto-identify tweets that originate, say, from IFTTT?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.