Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DAS02135
Print Wikipost

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Rojomojo
I keep tweeting plausible nonsense from my spam account and real people are re-tweeting that nonsense.
I seriously have the same issue... Only reason(s) I'm even on twitter... MRpoints and SPG Sweeps right now.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by dreamwrx
I seriously have the same issue... Only reason(s) I'm even on twitter... MRpoints and SPG Sweeps right now.
Hows the one with SPG?

What is the Tweet for SPG one has to send? I didnt know about it until now - but these Points (if there are any) would be great!

Last edited by blueeagle3; Nov 12, 2015 at 1:05 am Reason: Clarification, sorry!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Hows the one with SPG?

What is the Tweet one has to send? I didnt know about it until now - but these Points (if there are any) would be great!
Signup here: https://mrpoints.chirpify.com/mrpoints/register

Currently only one that earns any MRpoints is #Summerself #MRPoints you can do two a day for 50pts each and 100pts total.

SPG isnt giving points... but they have a sweepstakes http://spgpromos.com/babymoonsweeps/
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
#MRPoints #Summerself
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
#MRPoints #Summerself
Fantastic that this one is still working, collected 1000 points already!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:54 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by Maayan
Fantastic that this one is still working, collected 1000 points already!
It is a promotion from Marriott Australia. Took me awhile to figure that out.

Hopefully it will run until the end of summer in Australia, which is the end of February.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by chrisbarnett01
It is a promotion from Marriott Australia. Took me awhile to figure that out.

Hopefully it will run until the end of summer in Australia, which is the end of February.
That explains a lot. Also hope it keeps going until February, you could get a LOT of points that way (100 per day for 90 ish days is 9000 points? Which is almost half the price of a room if I'm not wrong?)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:25 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
That explains a lot. Also hope it keeps going until February, you could get a LOT of points that way (100 per day for 90 ish days is 9000 points? Which is almost half the price of a room if I'm not wrong?)
In theory, rooms at certain properties can be had for as little as 6,000 points per night.

I typically save for the level 8 JW's.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/pointsGridPopUp.mi?awardType=Standard
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by chrisbarnett01
In theory, rooms at certain properties can be had for as little as 6,000 points per night.

I typically save for the level 8 JW's.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/poin...dType=Standard
You're right about that, though the properties I end up staying at inevitably fall into the 20,000 point category (I don't know how that happens but that is just my travel pattern). I'd love to use my points for amazing upgrades and stays at really expensive properties, but at the moment I'm limited to using points to pay for average rooms that I would not be able to pay for with money/would not be able to take the trip otherwise. So I really hope Marriott doesn't get wind of the fact that it's possible to literally pay for a night and a half with this tweeting thing because if they do there goes a trip I was gonna make...
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
You're right about that, though the properties I end up staying at inevitably fall into the 20,000 point category (I don't know how that happens but that is just my travel pattern). I'd love to use my points for amazing upgrades and stays at really expensive properties, but at the moment I'm limited to using points to pay for average rooms that I would not be able to pay for with money/would not be able to take the trip otherwise. So I really hope Marriott doesn't get wind of the fact that it's possible to literally pay for a night and a half with this tweeting thing because if they do there goes a trip I was gonna make...
Well wouldn't be the first time where too much publicity on FT is killing the deal.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
How long does it take for points to post? I didn't get any email after tweets but the initial signup points posted.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by virtuo0
How long does it take for points to post? I didn't get any email after tweets but the initial signup points posted.
You should get an email pretty much right away.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dreamwrx
You should get an email pretty much right away.
#Summerself is dead now I believe.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by MDFFlyer
#Summerself is dead now I believe.
I don't think it is dead. Worked for me today, but you do have to wait 24 hours between tweets.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nangress
I don't think it is dead. Worked for me today, but you do have to wait 24 hours between tweets.
I used Instagram, maybe that's the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.