DFW airport joins Thanks Again Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle

While at the airport yesterday, I noticed a sign that said I can get miles for parking/eating/shopping at DFW through Thanks Again Rewards. Anyone have experience with this program at either DFW or other airports?

http://thanksagain.com/dfw/
Old May 4, 2015, 12:49 pm

Given how frequently I change cards I never bothered. I also rarely spend money at airports but with the decline in on board meals maybe I'll try it.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by djibouti
Given how frequently I change cards I never bothered. I also rarely spend money at airports but with the decline in on board meals maybe I'll try it.
Yes, I never spend money at food establishments (especially given my AC membership) but I do always park at the airport.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:53 pm

It's always a connection point for me so only food.
Old May 5, 2015, 1:03 pm

Thanks again has to be the most confusing program ever. Their website looks like it was made in 2001. I signed up a year ago but never put too much stock in it.
Old May 5, 2015, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Agreed on the program confusion and amateur website.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
This is the same program that SEA uses, and believe or not the website has been improved, as has the program. IIRC you used to have to spend $100 before receiving 100 miles. Now it's 1 mile/$, with a bonus of 5000 miles if you reach $1000 spend in a quarter.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
DFW was one of the first airports to participate. Years ago...
Old May 6, 2015, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Here is the first issue I have run into. I use my tolltag to autocharge my CC when I park at DFW. So the charge shows up on the credit card as the Tollway Authority & not DFW parking. This a problem?
Old May 6, 2015, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by ssafro1
Here is the first issue I have run into. I use my tolltag to autocharge my CC when I park at DFW. So the charge shows up on the credit card as the Tollway Authority & not DFW parking. This a problem?
Yes, same here, no TA points when using the tolltag.

For me, the 50 or so TA points I would typically get for parking aren't worth the hassle of bagging the tag and waiting at the booths for the ticket and to pay. Others may feel differently, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.