Reload this Page >

1,000 free AA miles for video & questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000 free AA miles for video & questions

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 10:02 pm

I also skip the video and get the full 1000 miles. Thank you for the tip.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:33 am

It looks like it is necessary to clear cookies etc if you are doing multiple accounts on the same computer - even with different email addresses. The 4 of us at this mailing address all did the watch video and register stuff, the first account got the email confirmation, the other 3 did not. Cleared cookies etc and account #2 went back in and watched the vids etc and got the email confirmation within 5 minutes.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: SPG, Rapid Rewards, HHonors.
Thanks OP.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Arrow Do not register early

Possibly, a couple more ins and outs: I did this for two family members a few days ago. In both cases, at the end, after I'd registered, there was the "confirmation" panel. But then, only one of the accounts received the "Thanks for Entering the Learn and Earn Sweepstakes" email. I'd done one in Chrome and the other in Explorer, cookies cleared etc. So, I gave it another go for the account that didn't receive the email.

Got to 450 points, received the notice that I could register at that point, so I did. Just to be sure. Got "You're entered ... You earned 450 bonus miles ... " etc. And that was that. Down the hall and out the door, as it were. No possibility of going on to more classes. Hm.

@:-) Don't register early.

I can hear the chorus: "Everybody knows that." But this may help someone.
Old May 5, 2015, 7:10 am

piece of cake
Old May 5, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Sorry, possibly a bit more ... The account that didn't receive the confirming email in the first instance - and hasn't yet, this round - was recently transferred from USAir Dividend Miles to AAdvantage. I wonder if there could be a hangup that's virtually unrelated to this promo. In other words, the fulfillment might get caught up in a non-patent pipeline somewhere (e.g., AA doesn't recognize the transferred account for something like this)? Eight long weeks to find out.
Old May 6, 2015, 9:56 am

Possible to earn 2,000 miles

I haven't merge my AA and USAir account. So I was able to enter twice. As for the USAir account, I have to log into my account and get the new AA account number they assign to me and use that number. I did that for all the people in my household who haven't merge their accounts.
Old May 8, 2015, 4:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
When this sort of thing happens, i.e.,mileage posting 6-8 weeks later, what is the post day, today or the actual date of posting?

I ask because if it posts with todays date, expiration is extended to 11/7/2016

if it say posts 7/1/2015, then miles are extended to 1/1/2017 which of course is what I'd prefer but just askin really
Old May 9, 2015, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by tangey
I'm in the UK and can confirm that the last promo (a badge thingy) also had the "must be a US resident" term, but the points posted for me fine.
Yes, I am NL resident and usually participate at all AA promos limited to US residents. The miles always post without problem.
Old May 10, 2015, 3:49 am

thanks, the questions were quite basic.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum/OW Sapphire, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
I got the same questions as the OP. I just skipped most of the video and jumped to the end to answer the questions.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK - I had done 3 sets, one for me, one for my wife, and one for my SIL.

I got the confirming emails for myself and my wife, but didn't know about my SIL. So, I checked with her today and she says she never got the email. So, I did it again and now she got the email.

She was the first one I had done, so there was no issue of using different browsers, etc. I did the next two one right after the other with the same browser and all worked fine.

It doesn't seem to know whether you've done it before or not. so I'm going to try it again on my account and see what happens. The worst thing would be I don't get any more miles, but you never know ...
Old May 17, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Ive got two AA accounts that have yet to be merged. Can I do this on both accounts for 2k miles or do I risk getting flagged by AA?
Old May 17, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JamieDee78
Ive got two AA accounts that have yet to be merged. Can I do this on both accounts for 2k miles or do I risk getting flagged by AA?
I'd give it a shot. What's the down side?
Old May 18, 2015, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigLar
I'd give it a shot. What's the down side?
When I merged 2 AA accounts several years ago, they removed all the duplicate promotions, so it might be wasted effort if they still do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.