Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any offers for opening a new Roth IRA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Any offers for opening a new Roth IRA?

I'm going to get my wife to open a new Roth IRA account and will find it with 2014 and 2015 contributions. I searched online and didn't find any offers. Are there any available that I missed? Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:39 am

You won't find any offers for Roth IRA'S. You will for traditional IRA'S. I think it's a legal issue.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I searched online and didn't find any offers. Are there any available that I missed? Thanks
Are you specifically looking for mileage/point offers or for money offers (which are easy to locate)?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Are you specifically looking for mileage/point offers or for money offers (which are easy to locate)?
Either one. If the Roth IRA ones are easy to locate, I must be looking in the wrong places.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
I recently retired from my insurance agency, and I had sold financial products, including Roth IRAs, for 37 years. I represented many companies and I never found a company that gave you a benefit ( 4% bonus to an annuity for example), which didn't get it back in one way or the other (increased fees over a period of time, etc). I like the mileage game and the money game, but realize that with an investment like a Roth IRA, you will be paying for the benefit that you derive - one way or another
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I must be looking in the wrong places.
I went to google.com
Typed: roth ira bonus
Clicked this link:

http://investorjunkie.com/10694/ira-promotions/

This offer is available only to new IRA accounts, which can be a rollover IRA, traditional IRA, or Roth IRA.
This is just an example. There are other links and other offers.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: Far too many
Bonuses for IRAs

I'm going to get my wife to open a new Roth IRA account and will find it with 2014 and 2015 contributions. I searched online and didn't find any offers. Are there any available that I missed? Thanks
Sharebuilder offered the best when I checked a few weeks ago. Others to consider are Fidelity, E-Trade, and TD Ameritrade.

Of these Fidelity offers airline miles, while the others offer cash.

At different times, these brokers offer bonuses on IRAs and/or nonretirement accounts. They are typically tiered-more bonus for a higher deposit, so if you already have Roths elsewhere, you could do better by transferring them to the new account, then contributing for 2014 and 2015.

It can be worth phoning as I have received a better offer from an Ameritrade account rep than was available online.

Flyertalk has a detailed thread on Fidelity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.