Wiki Posts
Search

My experience 7,500 Club Carlson Points for $2.00 with LifeLock

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
My experience 7,500 Club Carlson Points for $2.00 with LifeLock

I recently signed up with Lifelock under a club carlson offer that gives up to 10,000 club carlson points for signing up.
https://secure.lifelock.com/enrollme...e=121&type=121

I signed up for the 7,500 point offer for signing up for the $8.99 month plan. You can also sign up for 10,000 points for $17.99 per month plan. The offer says the first 30 days is free, but when signing up your cc is charged immediately. I had to submit an inquiry from within my account and asked for a refund for the first month which was granted so first month free. The offer says you have to have the account for 30 days to get the points. After your first 30 days free your cc is charged. My 7,500 points were deposited to my account 7 days after my 30 day period. Once the points had posted I call to cancel. What I didnt know is that they prorate your last month when you cancel so if you sign up for the 7,500 points you only have to pay 7 days of 31 or about $2.00 of $7.99 or a little over $4.00 for 10,000 point offer. I successfully did this with one of my club carslon accounts. I'm not sure if I can sign up again with a different club carlson acct. Thought some people would like to know. An easy way to acquire 10,000 club carslon points for about $4.00 and a little bit of time. The cancellation process was easy over the phone and took 5 minutes.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Not a bad way to earn a couple CC points. Was the only way to contact them via phone?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bgriz18
Not a bad way to earn a couple CC points. Was the only way to contact them via phone?
to cancel it seemed to be the only way. I found that thru their question and answer which said to call to cancel.

In order to get them to refund the first month I was able to make the inquiry thru my profile on the website
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, AA, CX Asia Miles, United MileagePlus, HHonors
Hmm, maybe they changed their terms now? It says at the end of the no-cost 30 day trial period, your card will be charged. Also it says the 10,000 points is for the $26.99 Ultimate Plus plan. Also it says must be enrolled 31 days (one day more than the free trial period) to receive the Club Carlson points. Is this still worth doing (cancelling after 31 days) for the Club Carlson points?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cloudeleven
Hmm, maybe they changed their terms now? It says at the end of the no-cost 30 day trial period, your card will be charged. Also it says the 10,000 points is for the $26.99 Ultimate Plus plan. Also it says must be enrolled 31 days (one day more than the free trial period) to receive the Club Carlson points. Is this still worth doing (cancelling after 31 days) for the Club Carlson points?
You are right, The $17.99 plan only gets you 8,500 points and yes you need 31 days, but when I call to cancel at around 37 days in after my points had posted they prorated the month charge and refunded to my credit card the unused amount for the month.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:22 pm

Plus one

The deal worked fine for me. I went for 7,500 points. Had to call to get points to post, which they did, the next day. I canceled after approx. 35 days after opening. They prorated the last charge and will return unused portion to my CC. Final cost was $ 2.35 for 7,500 points.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC
Is it worth the time and effort?

I figure with the recent devaluation (no last night free) a CC point is worth approximately .5 cents. For the 7500 points offer, is it worth approximately $35.00 net to go thru this process? I can think of better uses of my time.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbwpi
I figure with the recent devaluation (no last night free) a CC point is worth approximately .5 cents. For the 7500 points offer, is it worth approximately $35.00 net to go thru this process? I can think of better uses of my time.
For myself and others, CC points were already valued at around 0.5 cents each pre devaluation. The devaluation makes them worth even less to me.

Seems better than the 0.4% cash back on Visa Gift Cards that was all of the blogs recently.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by rbwpi
It is borderline. But the process is really pretty easy and, all told, I don't think I spent a half hour doing this even with the 2 phone calls. I don't earn $ 70/hour so I am good with that. Besides, this is just a hobby so if it isn't fun, I would not do it.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:51 pm

Now I'm sure this has got to be a stupid question, but what did you put where it states "Member ID"? It's got "CLUBCARLSON1" in the Promo code, just don't know what to put in the member id.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travisair
Now I'm sure this has got to be a stupid question, but what did you put where it states "Member ID"? It's got "CLUBCARLSON1" in the Promo code, just don't know what to put in the member id.
That's where you put your club carlson member number
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by spermwhale
Final cost was $ 2.35 for 7,500 points.
I was going to do this deal and then decided not to after the deal... but $2.35 for 7,500 points is way too good.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:47 am

When you sign up it says it charges you the monthly amount right away... so I called and they looked up my first bill date - is a month away. So you do get 1 month free. fyi
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
So it's still alive?

Thank you.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
So it's still alive?

Thank you.
Should be! Link and promo are still alive and the CSR didn't see any problems when I called questioning the fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.