FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   2,000 FREE IHG Rewards points just for joining (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1632113-2-000-free-ihg-rewards-points-just-joining.html)

ivan510415 Dec 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Anybody Receive their points with contacting IHG

Signed up 11/28 and no points posted as of 12/10

ExpatSomchai Dec 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Sort of sums up IHG Tech after the Into the Nights fiasco !!

Doctor of Credit Dec 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Just FYI for new people signing up, promo period is over now. So even less of a chance of actually getting your points.

TravellerB Dec 11, 2014 3:21 am

Joined just to say...

Thanks!

edit: according to the site the promo is still going...I guess we'll see.

StoobyDoo Dec 11, 2014 6:40 am

Originally Posted by TravellerB (Post 23978445)
Thanks!

edit: according to the site the promo is still going...I guess we'll see.

T&C's state "Offer valid November 7, 2014 through December 7, 2014 (“Offer Period”)."

I signed the OH up anyway to see if they'll be posted as the site still has it online but I doubt it will due to T&Cs.

emofeng Dec 15, 2014 9:44 am

Signed up 12/2 but still no 2000 points as of now.

StartinSanDiego Dec 15, 2014 9:59 am

me neither...

sharonsimon Dec 16, 2014 7:32 am

no points

I Called IHG today and even spoke to supervisor but they are refusing to post 2000 enrollment points saying it was a targeted offer one had to receive by email. Of course, I forgot to take a screen shot of the offer but I don't recall any such targeting language on the website offer page.

yb8 Dec 16, 2014 8:36 am

Just called IHG and they're refusing to honor the promotion. They said they don't see anywhere a promotion with 2,000 point signup bonus.

WestAust Dec 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Called them as the points havent posted yet, they told me the posting time would be 2-3 weeks from enrollment date, which would fall between this week and next week, i'll give the agent benefit of doubt and wait to see if they will post.

tracerx Dec 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Got my 2,000 points for joining

I followed the link from this forum to sign up for IHG reward points the night of December 7th - it was pretty late i guess. After I didn't receive any points a few days after the promotion ended, I emailed customer service asking why. Here is the response they sent me:

Dear Ms. ****,

Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Please be informed that points will be awarded to qualified new members at the end of the campaign and auto-deposited into the new member’s account. Offer is valid from November 7, 2014 through December 7, 2014 only.

Our records show that you enrolled on 08 December 2014. As such, it is ineligible for the bonus. However, as a gesture of our commitment to serve you better, we have credited 2,000 points to your account as one time consideration.

Your current point balance is 2,000. You may visit your online account which can be accessed by following this link http://www.ihgrewards.com

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

**** - (not sure if she would want her name posted?)
Customer Care Representative
IHG Rewards Club
www.ihgrewardsclub.com

iceblueshoes Jan 1, 2015 6:11 pm

I signed up as well on Dec 3 and haven't seen any bonus points listed.

-Update,

so I called in and they said that the points are only added after you make a reservation, which makes more sense in the first place, even though the fine print of the ad says after the promo period.
Supposedly there is another promo going on until March though, which they enrolled me in. Just waiting for the email to pop up now...

DTS Jan 2, 2015 11:41 am

Does anybody have an email address to inquire about the points?

Cavit Yardim Jan 3, 2015 7:10 am

I would have never abandoned IHG, had they kept their promises. It was repeated deceptive behavior involving denial of bonus points contrary to what was advertized and booked on IHG site and subsequently actually stayed at such rates.

IHG does not have any control in this regard on such individual offending properties and there are plenty of them within IHG family. Not to mention their highly inconsistent product within each brandname.

PCMflyer Jan 3, 2015 3:06 pm

My wife joined during the promotion. No points posted but a quick call to the service center resulted in 2,000 points shown as good will.