FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Earn free AA miles with Passport Challenge Promotion through May 23, 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1562190-earn-free-aa-miles-passport-challenge-promotion-through-may-23-2014-a.html)

iahphx Mar 27, 2014 6:33 am

Originally Posted by jerry305 (Post 22592890)
Again, should be fine. It's certainly worked in other companies' promos I've done.

No guarantees.

Yeah, marketers must realize that a significant number of people responding to Facebook contests are not using their real names. Right?

I've not had a problem with this in the past, either. I'm particularly remembering the Accor promo from last year.

mahasamatman Mar 27, 2014 4:39 pm

My names do not match either, yet I was given an EQP goal, which I assume means I'm OK. Unfortunately, even though my EQP goal is only 1,200, I still won't hit it as I have no air travel planned on any airline until September. I guess I'll have to settle for 1,065 miles.

MilesTalk Mar 28, 2014 11:00 am

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 22587883)
I also noticed that I will complete the bonus section as well. The only part missing is that I wont be flying the US Air Shuttle. Makes me wonder if doing the Shuttle will count for the first 3 of the FLY AND EARN bonus miles, fly US Air and earn 500 miles, fly a new route due to merger and earn 500 miles, fly the Shuttle and earn 500 miles.

The way I read that box is that you just need to complete 5 Passport activities and fly ONCE to get 4,500 bonus miles. Are others reading that differently?

fotoflyer88 Mar 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by daveland (Post 22605189)
The way I read that box is that you just need to complete 5 Passport activities and fly ONCE to get 4,500 bonus miles. Are others reading that differently?

From the AA Facebook page:
"Hi, in order to earn the 4,500 bonus miles, a participant would have to fully complete all five stamps, which includes both trivia and flight components. Thank you for your interest!"

Bummer.

RDGCU Mar 28, 2014 10:24 pm

Apparently the load balancer was programmed by a 5 year old. Getting unavailable all around.. :/

tymothy Mar 29, 2014 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 22600739)
My names do not match either, yet I was given an EQP goal, which I assume means I'm OK. Unfortunately, even though my EQP goal is only 1,200, I still won't hit it as I have no air travel planned on any airline until September. I guess I'll have to settle for 1,065 miles.

I feel like it's kind of a silly promotion because the time window is so small. Even if you were to get started on March 21st, how many people are going to fly AA/US/Oneworld in the next 60 days because of the offer? Most of the people who get the bonus will be ones who booked their flights before the promotion. I fall into that boat and am not complaining, but a longer window, or maybe one that included bonuses for flights BOOKED in the march-may window and posted when the flights were eventually flown, would make a lot more sense to entice travelers making summer vacation plans to choose AA/US/Oneworld.

CMK10 Mar 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by tymothy (Post 22611217)
I feel like it's kind of a silly promotion because the time window is so small. Even if you were to get started on March 21st, how many people are going to fly AA/US/Oneworld in the next 60 days because of the offer? Most of the people who get the bonus will be ones who booked their flights before the promotion. I fall into that boat and am not complaining, but a longer window, or maybe one that included bonuses for flights BOOKED in the march-may window and posted when the flights were eventually flown, would make a lot more sense to entice travelers making summer vacation plans to choose AA/US/Oneworld.

I did. I had a DCA-RDU left to book and I chose to book US for the 500 bonus miles @:-)

pointsaway Mar 30, 2014 11:48 am

Easiest ~1,100 miles in a while. Thanks! :)

xazwa Mar 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Its been almost a week and still I cannot see the 1100 miles earned from this in my AA miles account?

ClimbingCook Mar 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by xazwa (Post 22616422)
Its been almost a week and still I cannot see the 1100 miles earned from this in my AA miles account?

Ya. I think the miles will all post at once at the end of the promo.

alpen1 Mar 30, 2014 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 22587381)
I see that mine posted today as well, and it is 13500 EQP, yes, 13500 wow. :eek: I wonder what do they use to come to this #, as I already have the following trips bought and ticketed prior to this promotion starting:
  • ORD-CLT-SJU with US air in First class on a 330, that's about 4158 miles
  • ORD-LHR-BRU in Business class ticketed, that is 7906 miles
  • ORD-SFO-LAX-MIA-YYZ-ORD, (YYZ mistake fare) in coach, 6194 miles

I wont have any problems completing this target. :D Can someone beat my target #?

They must think highly of me for some reason...18,600 EQP Goal ?!? I may meet it, have about 29k mi of flights in mix of Y, J and F but can't be bothered to try and calculate the points right now :td:

aceofcards Mar 30, 2014 11:30 pm

My EQP goal is 1,200. Is there a way to quickly earn these?

MilesTalk Mar 31, 2014 8:04 am

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88 (Post 22607695)
From the AA Facebook page:
"Hi, in order to earn the 4,500 bonus miles, a participant would have to fully complete all five stamps, which includes both trivia and flight components. Thank you for your interest!"

Bummer.

Thanks for posting. I totally misinterpreted that :( At least they set the EQP threshold at 1,200 for me and I'll be flying 1,217 this week ;-)

mahasamatman Mar 31, 2014 10:30 am

Originally Posted by aceofcards (Post 22619132)

Fly.

fotoflyer88 Mar 31, 2014 10:37 am

Originally Posted by aceofcards (Post 22619132)

You need to FLY - but also they are EQPs not EQM! So many discount economy tickets will only give you 0.5x EQP/mile. Whereas First tickets give you 1.5x EQM

Example. LAX-LAS - 500mi minimum (if you are already an elite)… 1 way would just be 250eqp in discount economy. First would give you 750 EQP. (1500EQP RT) And your bonus.
(This requires you being an elite already to receive the 500 minimum I believe)