Reload this Page >

Earn free AA miles with Passport Challenge Promotion through May 23, 2014

Old Mar 22, 14, 7:16 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold

1125 miles thanks!
Old Mar 22, 14, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver
I'm getting the "Unavailable High Traffic Message"
But also saw this, has anyone seen the EQP Goal yet?:

BEAT YOUR GOAL STAMP. An Elite Qualifying Point (EQP) goal will be posted to the home page of the registered member’s AAdvantage Passport Challenge Facebook promotion within ten (10) days of registration. The goal will be personalized for each member. If the AAdvantage® number and Last Name used to register for this promotion do not match the information stored in the member’s account at time of registration, no EQP goal will be posted and no bonus miles will be awarded for this stamp.

The biggest thing that stinks here is the May 23rd end date. I have tons of Domestic and International flights planned… but the internationals all after May 23rd and the Domestic is on AA metal.
Old Mar 22, 14, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver
Trivia Answers:
The new American is the world's largest airline operating nearly 6,700 flights in more than 300 locations worldwide in more than 50 countries.

Enjoy greater options for travel to your favorite destinations. We now have hubs at Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York Kennedy, Miami, Chicago O'Hare, Charlotte Douglas, Philadelphia and Phoenix.

American Eagle and US Airways Express are currently separate entities. Eventually, they will both fly under the American Eagle name and livery.

Before traveling, visit aa.com/findyourway to find policy information for both airlines, as well as terminal and gate information for our top airports.

You can earn AAdvantage miles when you fly on American, US Airways, oneworld® member airlines and other participating carriers. Be sure to include your AAdvantage number in your flight reservation. (All of the Above)
Old Mar 22, 14, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88 View Post
But also saw this, has anyone seen the EQP Goal yet?
Nope. Wouldn't be surprised if it's calculated according to some formula like the greater of (Miles flown by member March 21-May 23 2013)*1.25 or 2500 miles or something. Already booked a one way from DC to Alaska during that period, hopefully it'll be enough to count.

update: Looked through the T&C. Says the goal will post within 10 days of registration, so long as your FB last name matches the one on your AA account.

Last edited by tymothy; Mar 22, 14 at 4:58 pm Reason: more info
Old Mar 22, 14, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by tymothy View Post
Nope. Wouldn't be surprised if it's calculated according to some formula like the greater of (Miles flown by member March 21-May 23 2013)*1.25 or 2500 miles or something. Already booked a one way from DC to Alaska during that period, hopefully it'll be enough to count.

update: Looked through the T&C. Says the goal will post within 10 days of registration, so long as your FB last name matches the one on your AA account.
Yupp! Looks like we have to wait 10 days to see. I have a RT LAX-BWI/IAD already booked for that period (but only earning 0.5x EQP). So fingers crossed. I flew a TON already this year.. not much planned now until really July except that DC trip. Oh well.
Old Mar 22, 14, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This has been great. I've already earned 1,100 miles and I need to book some DCA-RDU travel and I think I'll go ahead and put it on US (who's cheapest anyway) and pick up another 500 miles ^
Old Mar 23, 14, 1:01 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Firewind View Post
We who don't do Spacebook or Myface?
Actually, this would better have been:

Not everyone is in Facebook, not to bring the case as to why here, but I resent having to go through it to get to another company. One could look at this, if one isn't in Facebook, as being offered a few hundred miles to join Facebook. American doesn't need Facebook in this way, even to look "with it".
Old Mar 23, 14, 9:06 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
I always use a secondary Facebook account that doesn't connect to my "real" Facebook account. I can earn the promo points without bothering any of my friends.
Old Mar 23, 14, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Firewind View Post
American doesn't need Facebook in this way, even to look "with it".
Apparently, they feel they do.
Old Mar 23, 14, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.5MM, Bonvoy LIFETIME Titanium Elite, HH Diamd, Priority Clb PLT, Ntnl Exec, Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by tymothy View Post
- I have >35K EQM booked from now till the end of April. Perhaps, this would be sufficient?
Old Mar 23, 14, 9:59 am

Thanks.. So far I have 385 points for today... It sure beats e-rewards..
Old Mar 23, 14, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88 View Post
But also saw this, has anyone seen the EQP Goal yet?:

BEAT YOUR GOAL STAMP. An Elite Qualifying Point (EQP) goal will be posted to the home page of the registered member’s AAdvantage Passport Challenge Facebook promotion within ten (10) days of registration. The goal will be personalized for each member. If the AAdvantage® number and Last Name used to register for this promotion do not match the information stored in the member’s account at time of registration, no EQP goal will be posted and no bonus miles will be awarded for this stamp.

The biggest thing that stinks here is the May 23rd end date. I have tons of Domestic and International flights planned… but the internationals all after May 23rd and the Domestic is on AA metal.
Old Mar 23, 14, 10:58 am

So does this work is my Facebook page doesn't have my real name?
Old Mar 23, 14, 2:42 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by elabut View Post
So does this work is my Facebook page doesn't have my real name?
It has worked for me.
Old Mar 23, 14, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Thanks! A few miles for both me and the Mrs while watching March Madness :-)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: