Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage Shopping Portal Holiday 2013 Bonus

AAdvantage Shopping Portal Holiday 2013 Bonus

Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
AAdvantage Portal NEW Promo 12/8-12/22: Up to 3,000 Bonus Miles

Just bought an item for $688.Cleaned cookies , ensured I was logged in and took screenshots. Should net me @5000 miles if the cartera gods behave.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:46 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Looks like a new bonus, for everyone.

1000 = $75
2000 = $150
3000 = $250

Just ordered a gift I was going to buy anyway, an extra 3k points is nice
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:23 am

Does anybody know if gift card purchases at Walmart will count toward the $250 requirement for 3000 AA miles?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Does anybody know if gift card purchases at Walmart will count toward the $250 requirement for 3000 AA miles?
" Purchases made at FTD.com through the AAdvantage eShopping mall, returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus".

But occasionally they do slip through the cracks.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Quote:

" Purchases made at FTD.com through the AAdvantage eShopping mall, returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus".

But occasionally they do slip through the cracks.
I know what the terms say, was wondering if anybody has actually gotten points in past by buying gift cards
Old Dec 14, 2013, 1:45 pm

Can I make a qualifying purchase and credit to an account that does not have my name (i.e., another person's AA account?)

the purpose would be to extend their AA account activity life
Old Dec 14, 2013, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by uElliots
Can I make a qualifying purchase and credit to an account that does not have my name (i.e., another person's AA account?)

the purpose would be to extend their AA account activity life
Yes
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know what the terms say, was wondering if anybody has actually gotten points in past by buying gift cards
Then you should have made that clear. You might peruse this thread, where several people claim to have gotten points for GCs, at least as far as the points being listed at AA mall.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-walgreen.html
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:35 am

I took advantage of this offer combined with the American Express Neiman Marcus sync deal. American Express is offering a $50 statement credit if I spent $200. I loaded this offer to my SPG Amex. I then logged into the AA Shoping Portal and purchased a $250 gift card to Neiman Marcus. (I'm fully aware of the restrictions on buying gift cards, but I figured I'd take the chance). Within about 5 days, the bonus posted to my account. $250 x 6 pts/$ = 1,500 AA points. Now I'm just waiting to see if I'll get the additional 3,000 point bonus as per this promotion.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:29 pm

Is there any specific link we must click or is it just in general for the site? I have already spent well over $250 on Aadvantage since Dec 8th, but I have not clicked any specific link for the promo.

I would like to make a couple of big future purchases on the United Portal if possible.

Thanks.

Also, how do you take a "screenshot" on a pc? I need them because cartera is a shady company.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by iliketurtles
Is there any specific link we must click or is it just in general for the site? I have already spent well over $250 on Aadvantage since Dec 8th, but I have not clicked any specific link for the promo.

I would like to make a couple of big future purchases on the United Portal if possible.

Thanks.

Also, how do you take a "screenshot" on a pc? I need them because cartera is a shady company.
http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:11 pm

Not surprisingly, I have two purchases that did not show up via the online shopping mall. Is there any way to call Cartera rather than send an email via the canned form? I couldn't find it on the website. I do have screenshots of the whole process all the way through the confirmation page.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:53 pm

Promo Confirmation Email

I guess I'm in the pleasantly surprised camp - I really wasn't counting on the bonus miles from the promo. I used the refresh method to 'see' my magazines.com purchase during the 30 miles/$ period. The miles appeared in my AA account this morning and I got an email from [email protected] today giving me hope as it reads:

Thank you for shopping with AAdvantage eShopping during the Go Over And Above Holiday Bonus. The promotional period has now ended and our records indicate that your recent purchases may qualify you for bonus miles!*

Bonus miles earned on eligible purchases will be posted to your account within 8-10 weeks of the end of the promotional period. Log on to your account to see the posted miles at that time. Terms & Conditions from the promotion are below for your reference.

We hope these miles help you get closer to your next destination! Visit AAdvantage eShopping often for great deals and more earning opportunities.

Terms & Conditions:
From 11/12/13 through 12/02/13 11:59 PM EST receive a one-time additional bonus of up to 2,500 miles when you spend a cumulative amount of $250 or more with the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall. Spend a cumulative amount of $75 - 149.99 to earn 750 miles; spend a cumulative amount of $150 - $249.99 to earn 1,500 bonus miles; or spend a cumulative amount of $250 or more to earn 2,500 bonus miles. Returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus; please see site for coupon code or usage restrictions. Please allow 8 - 10 weeks from end of promotional period for bonus miles to post to your account. Void where prohibited by law.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by scottch@la
I guess I'm in the pleasantly surprised camp ...
I'm in the same camp as I received the same email yesterday.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by dovergator
I took advantage of this offer combined with the American Express Neiman Marcus sync deal. American Express is offering a $50 statement credit if I spent $200. I loaded this offer to my SPG Amex. I then logged into the AA Shoping Portal and purchased a $250 gift card to Neiman Marcus. (I'm fully aware of the restrictions on buying gift cards, but I figured I'd take the chance). Within about 5 days, the bonus posted to my account. $250 x 6 pts/$ = 1,500 AA points. Now I'm just waiting to see if I'll get the additional 3,000 point bonus as per this promotion.
I had this exact same idea, and similar data points. Bought a $250 NM gift card on 12/14, card was delivered 12/18 (in incredibly excessive bubble wrap packaging for a small piece of plastic), FedEx required signature for delivery. Amex offer credited today as well, and 1,500 miles have been confirmed in my advantage shopping account. I already shipped the card to cardpool to cash it out.

Total cost $250 + $5 shipping = $255 - $50 Amex offer =205 - $212.50 cardpool offer = -7.50.

Nice to be paid to collect 1,500 miles, even better if this activates the bonus 3,000 . Guess we will know for sure one way or the other in 8-10 weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.