Wiki Posts
Search

35 points/$ eBags AAdvantage Mall

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
not even pending yet ... my guess is they had more orders than expected and given the high multiplier they are manually auditing every order

OTOH, they could also be waiting for the 60 day return period to expire, so they don't have to keep track of returns thinking some folks might return items once the miles post...
They already audited my order by putting it on hold until they spoke to me by phone.

Chase UR portal is pretty good at clawbacks:

06/16/2013 07/15/2013 Online Return Ann Taylor ORDER # 922192XXX ($444.99) ($444.99) -890 Points
06/16/2013 06/19/2013 Online Purchase Ann Taylor ORDER # 922192XXX $444.99 $444.99 890 Points
If AA portal didn't clawback, I'd imagine people would have exploited that already.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
They already audited my order by putting it on hold until they spoke to me by phone.
That was most likely a fraud department audit to confirm they weren't about to ship out $11k in merchandise that they would not be compensated for if your card was the victim of fraud. That department doesn't audit orders for bonus points in most cases with most companies, and even if they did, they likely wouldn't do it at the time of ordering.

Chase UR portal is pretty good at clawbacks:
Yes they are and Cartera manages both portals, but they also don't offer 35X very often... Goofing up on a 4X order isn't usually a big deal ... 35X could be pretty bad.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So any other suggestion as to what to do if nothing happens close to the 60 day mark?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So any other suggestion as to what to do if nothing happens close to the 60 day mark?
I'm willing to bet that no one is getting miles until the return period is over. That seems reasonable to me. But I'd like to see them pending in the meantime.

I know that with Cartera, that's asking a lot.

I also know that I went in on this one knowing it was with Cartera, so I'll take it slow. If it was any other company, I'd have gone in right away. Cartera gave me significant pause.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA/AA
My qualifying purchase at one of the online portal merchants needed to be partially returned. They did reclaim the exact amount of miles based on the actual amount returned.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:35 pm

I ordered a 3 piece Samsonite set for a good price and I thought I had 9,000 miles coming my way. Ebags emailed me to say the item is no longer in stock and my order is cancelled
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, US Gold, AS MVP Gold
Just out of curiosity, how long does it take for those post on your AA mall page? I bought a Samsonite suitcase while it was 35 cents per dollar and it still haven't shown up on my account yet(not even in pending status).
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:56 pm

Made a cheap purchase and haven't gotten the points yet either. Ugh, so slow.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:40 am

Ditto to above. This was my first non-UR portal purchase - should have read the posts before committing. Oh well....got a decent set of spinner luggage at about 20% less than Amazon price. I'll just sit tight waiting for the activity to at least show "pending". I wonder if purchasing with a non-registered card makes any difference, although AADvantage message clearly says that is no longer a requirement so long as you're logged into the portal under your AAdvantage number.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:10 am

I contacted eBags and they confirmed my purchase qualified for the points. This is what they said:

We have received an update from our marketing team and they confirmed
that your order is eligible for AA miles. American states that it
typically take 30 days to award miles, but can take up to 8 weeks.

If the points don't post in eight weeks I will definitely bug them. Between this, a big FTD order I did for a wedding and a North Face order I'm owed almost 40,000 points, so I am tracking all three closely. So far I haven't had trouble with points posting, but they weren't for such large amounts.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfmom
American states that it
typically take 30 days to award miles, but can take up to 8 weeks.
8 weeks=56 days, just a smidge under the 60 days to return. I'll be biting my nails and calling every day after 7 weeks.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:45 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks everyone for the data points. I made two transactions at bags on the 35x day; one was around $50, the other about $1200. Neither has posted yet in the AA portal. I'm glad to confirm that others are waiting as well.

For those who have not used the AA portal, wanted to mention that I've had good success in the past. I had one August purchase not post in the first 7-10 days (but after a few weeks I decided I didn't like the item and returned it, so did not pursue through Cartera.)

Anita
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got a friend who made a purchase AFTER the 35 mile offer expired.

Already shows in his AA shopping account.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:01 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
I've got a friend who made a purchase AFTER the 35 mile offer expired.

Already shows in his AA shopping account.
Did he buy on the 14th?

I noticed that the AA portal showed 35x well into the 14th even though the deal was supposed to be the 13th only. I pondered but decided against placing another other.

Anita
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah - I think it was night of the 14th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.