Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: BONUS up to 2k AA miles: spend only $35 AAdvantage eShopping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:34 pm

??

Originally Posted by onthego15
A reminder for all - take a screenshot of the offer, just in case we have a hard time getting miles from Cartera.
just in case???!!! this is CRAPTERA they sucker you in with worthwhile offers and make you suffer...you will NOT get your miles even if you take screenshots of everything unless you wait for the 6-8 weeks or whatever they require and send e-mail to ask where points are...you will get either no reply or robo form letter from CRAPTERA which means after 4 more weeks you will have to send another e-mail...then, if your lucky they will ask for proof....you will send them screen shots and receipts and hear nothing for another month...then you will get the sad excuse that the retailer didn't report it right or they cant find a record of it......if you have persistence after 6 months and 5 emails you MIGHT get your points...more than likely you will get nothing, like I did after the United Months of Miles promo which I had documented and had more than ample proof and after months of e-mails and crappy cartera customer service they still owe me 26,000 miles...united said it has nothing to do with it even though they offered the points, it was their promo and their name on the online shopping portal...they blamed it all on CRAPTERA who never answered the last few e-mails...I wish I had sued them in small claims court like MMan...instead I will tell everyone IF IT IS RUN BY CARTERA AND SEEMS LIKE A GREAT DEAL, IT"S NOT, THEY ARE SCAMMERS WHO ARE TRYING TO MONOPOLIZE ONLINE AIRLINE PORTALS, AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF HONORING THEIR PROMOTIONS WITHOUT A BIG HASSLE.....beware
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by wise2u
just in case???!!!
Like you, I have had no success getting miles out of Cartera. In fact, I haven't ordered anything from an airline or hotel commerce site in at least two years (I use cash back sites). But when I saw the opportunity to maybe get miles while saving money (free flash drive, 1/2 year free on Norton subscription), I said to myself, why not?
Either way, it is not worth getting upset over. If any miles post, it will be a bonus for me.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Things have improved with Cartera

I also went through years of nightmares with both the AA and United shopping malls. Even had a personal point of contact during the United Months of Miles fiasco.

That being said I have been using the Southwest shopping mall all this year. I have never had a single problem. All my orders have posted on time. I usually get a confirmation from Cartera within a few weeks telling me I have earned points. So far so good.

My husband and I both got the targeted emails. I used my link to make $35 in orders from Groupon on 9/9. I got the targeted email on 9/7. Those orders are already showing up as pending in my AA Shopping Mall. That is the biggest hurdle! Getting the intial order to show up.

I used my husband's link to order about $45 from Rakuten on 9/8. He also got the email on 9/7. As of today those orders have not shown up. Not too worried about it because I haven't even gotten my order yet.

I feel very confident Cartera will come through with this if you received the email and go through the link.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 1:12 pm

Needed something from JCP anyway. Cost was exactly $35 no shipping cost had it delvered to the store. Plus JCP bonus of 12 m/$. Hope I get the craptera bonus though and took screenshots of everything.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a bunch of books saved in my Amazon wish list. I tried a couple books specialty stores in the mall, but they were all more expensive than Amazon. Then I tried Walmart, and while they only had only a fraction of the books that were on my Amazon wish list, they undercut Amazon on a couple of them to the point where it more than made up for the shipping (at Amazon I have Prime so free shipping on all new books there, but this is my first time ever shopping on the Walmart website). I got a bit over $36 with those books before taxes and shipping.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, Delta

I have had to send emails a few times, but honestly haven't had too many issues...lucky I guess.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:06 pm

There are some more free with rebate options here for people who like me missed the deadline for the other one and who don't need to purchase anything right now.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6284154-free...-refurbished-f
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Decided to give this a try. There was something I had been debating ordering and found it on the AA shopping protal for 11x miles. First time using the AA mall. Will report back with results.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: US Silver, IHG Platinum
Just bought something for $13, but forgot to click through the e-mail. I wonder if that actually matters or if just going through the aadvantage mall is enough. I'll probably spend the rest at Lowe's.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
Originally Posted by tigermark82
Just bought something for $13, but forgot to click through the e-mail. I wonder if that actually matters or if just going through the aadvantage mall is enough. I'll probably spend the rest at Lowe's.
Apparently since it is targeted, you wont get it unless you click the link....and even after clicking.........No one knows if it will work unless you personally received the offer....
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by QFCHC
There are some more free with rebate options here for people who like me missed the deadline for the other one and who don't need to purchase anything right now.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6284154-free...-refurbished-f
Thanks for this! ^
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Did the miles post?

Did anyone, who went through the above link (in #49) but not through the email link, have that purchase post to their shopping account?

Last edited by mzredhead; Sep 19, 2013 at 5:19 am Reason: clarification
Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by mzredhead
Did anyone, who went through the above link (in #49) but not through the email link, have that purchase post to their shopping account?
You are probably about two months too early with that question.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: US Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sunnyzip
Apparently since it is targeted, you wont get it unless you click the link....and even after clicking.........No one knows if it will work unless you personally received the offer....
I did personally receive the 1,000 point offer in my e-mail so if it's based on your AAdvantage number then I will get it, but if it's based on whether or not you click through the link then I won't get it. The T&C say you have to click through the link, but you never know with this stuff.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:36 pm

Anyone has the link to the Norton rebate? I bought it on September 11th but have forgot to mail the rebate. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.