Reload this Page >

Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:54 pm

Mine posted overnight as well. Got the 300 and like 8 un-qualified for. My index finger hurts =(
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by srdshelly
Wouldn't it be a lot easier just to go to the United shopping mall, buy something real cheap (like an itunes download) and extend expiration that way?

300 points are worth about $5.00, so you're working for $2.50 an hour on this.
True, if you're gonna download something regardless of the miles expiring then this is the best way. But if not, why not do it free for only 15 mins (just keep clicking and dont read)?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Under most circumstances, the survey programs work best for people like my unemployed housefrau self who have more time than money. Money more than time, not so much.

I'm not quite sure what use United miles are for me at this point, but if I can continue to knock off 200-300 of them in a morning while watching the day's coverage of the Tour de France, I'm sure I'll figure out something.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:51 am

I joined and then got bounced from the survey, because I'm in France now but I gave my U.S. address. It seems they check the IP address. I guess I'm out of luck?
Tom
Old Jul 14, 2013, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by roundedsquare
Mine posted overnight, by the way. Just 300 though, but at least miles now won't expire until 2015.
No any other questions I gotten since the initial sign-up! Was this a one off?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Is there not a "Take another survey" button?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Apparently they don't email you surveys like e-rewards. If you go to the website and click on take a survey, you are given a few qualifying questions and then given one to take.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 2:29 pm

I had a good one this morning. 50 miles for a one minute survey. When I clicked on it, another window popped open wanting me to sign up for some service/email list. I ignored the pop up and returned to the Opinion Miles tab where I was asked to rate the survey and that I would be awarded 50 miles. Hoping there are many more of these out there.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Thanks, for letting us know you just have to check the site and not wait for emails like E-Awards. Got 2 sorta long ones and a really short one plus one no match - all estimated at 20 mins each. +160 miles for 3 completed. Finished rest of profile except work tel# as they reserve the right to call to verify info, so no thanks. 96% of my profile should be enough.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by lmwong1977
Thanks, for letting us know you just have to check the site and not wait for emails like E-Awards. Got 2 sorta long ones and a really short one plus one no match - all estimated at 20 mins each. +160 miles for 3 completed. Finished rest of profile except work tel# as they reserve the right to call to verify info, so no thanks. 96% of my profile should be enough.
I put a fake number on mine. Hopefully that won't take away my future surveys. If they do oh well, these things are tedious and annoying, I just can't seem to stop because it's "free" miles. So far so good though...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
My 600 miles posted in less than 10 minutes. Since I waited 10 minutes before logging in to my UA account, for all I know the points may have posted instantaneously.

I too was disqualified from a handful of surveys before I qualified for one (two days after I joined), but at least I got the 600. Guess I'll probably return to the site; wouldn't mind getting one of those 1 minutes surveys. tls
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:48 pm

Took about 20 minutes to complete the joining survey... got 300 miles out of it. But then the next survey said 60 miles for 30 minutes! Seriously?!

Last edited by 12fly; Jul 15, 2013 at 5:49 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by 12fly
Took about 20 minutes to complete the joining survey... got 300 miles out of it. But then the next survey said 60 miles for 30 minutes! Seriously?!
it's pretty tedious, yes. But if you don't read it and just click away, it should take only 5-10 mins.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:32 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Arrgh... just like erewards, they have started checking the ip address...
I ran into the same problem with my first (and last) survey. Of course this is because I was definitely not in Las Vegas as I claimed to be. I was debating going back and trying through a proxy server, but just didn't have the time or motivation for 600 miles.

Could also be not worth it as I stopped answering the detailed questions about my employer when I got to the phone number question and didn't want to give them my North American phone number (which was certainly not the same area code), nor spend the $3 to create a temporary flynumber in Vegas just so I could convincingly pretend to work at a company I don't work at. There's a limit to how much effort even I will put into a charade to get miles on a program where I'm not even seriously collecting miles. It's one thing to just answer general employer questions that could be worked out from five seconds on google , but another to actually spend money to keep it up.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
There's a limit to how much effort even I will put into a charade to get miles on a program where I'm not even seriously collecting miles. It's one thing to just answer general employer questions that could be worked out from five seconds on google , but another to actually spend money to keep it up.
Lol, definitely not worth it for 600+ miles. and wow you were willing to go far! =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.